Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Watching a video when...

This pops up... is this not like.. extremely illegal? ive seen this add for months but nothing has been done with it? (this add is on YOUTUBE)

An ad for a game called league of angels 2...

zoomed in...

lets break it apart 1 by one..

ok tyrande... might be just bad luck...

ok same bar as a Death knight... even to the exact same runes... ummm....

hmmm same mini-map...

flare of the heavens?

STAR FIRE!?

WHY WHY WHY
    this has been on youtube for months, why is it not removed?
    if someone could fill me in? like, this is legit asset stealing... and they are running ads for it on websites like youtube... and yet these guys are able to copy/paste wows assets to make a ad? heck i would allmost think this was photoshopped!

(Had seen this a few times but it finally popped up on my PC instead of my phone so i was able to screenshot it and get editing together this meh setup, i would make a full on comparison and my own "mock up version" but im tired and not so great with photoshop)

(bonus, my version of a good 2 million gold mount replacement for the spider.... doge=player)

But im off to bed in a few minutes, its 1 am here :P
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-06-01 at 04:58 AM.

Yeah they're getting really bad. Wife showed me one the other day that the game looked a lot like the one you showed.. almost an exact copy and paste. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the game. But the title looked exactly like "Warlords of Draenor" same font, colors and everything.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

...games like these have been around for ages, here's League's:

Able to tell the difference? :P
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-06-01 at 05:06 AM.

China does not adhere to other countries copyright laws. They literally don't give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

...games like these have been around for ages, here's League's:
    yes but is it advertised on youtubes Ad bot?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    China does not adhere to other countries copyright laws. They literally don't give a fuck.
    yeah but this was advertised to me... ON A BELLUAR WOW VIDEO... i live in CANADA

also did my truth spilling her crash the site for a moment :P?

This. There's nothing Blizzard can do.

nor does Blizzard when subs are abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post

- - - Updated - - -

yeah but this was advertised to me... ON A BELLUAR WOW VIDEO... i live in CANADA

Yeah i would report it to youtube then. That ad shouldn't be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    other countries yes they do have to, but china.... welp

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Yeah, no. That doesn't matter at all. This has been going on since always. China would tell Blizzard to gtfo. That's it.

Yeah i would report it to youtube then. That ad shouldn't be up there.
    yeah its from china... just looked.. .but yeah it should not be on youtube...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, no. That doesn't matter at all. This has been going on since always. China would tell Blizzard to gtfo. That's it.
    and i think hes trying to say blizz whent against the law (or something idk) taking down nost, cause it was in another country?

- - - Updated - - -

:shrug:

I have ABP so I don't see ads. But at the end of the day, it's a just another Chinese rip off game. If Blizzard sees it as a threat to their intellectual property they'll have their lawyers take it down. In all likelihood, though, it operates in the grey area of fair use and international copyright law so it's unlikely they'll stop producing knock-offs any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    :shrug:

I have ABP so I don't see ads. But at the end of the day, it's a just another Chinese rip off game. If Blizzard sees it as a threat to their intellectual property they'll have their lawyers take it down. In all likelihood, though, it operates in the grey area of fair use and international copyright law so it's unlikely they'll stop producing knock-offs any time soon.
    i do too on my PC, turned it off to find this ad...
    and my main issue is how come YOUTUBE hasent taken this ad off? with its blatant assets theft, of coarse blizz cant touch THEM but they can tell youtube "hey fuckers, stop advertising this assets stealing game" imagine if that league of heros had ads on yotube...

It's China, land of thieves and people that couldn't give a damn.

Plus Blizzard can't do anything about it.

Blatant ripoff games have existed for a long time, OP. You're just noticing this now?

They're usually chinese-based stuff since it's apparently really hard to legally pursue them.

One example is "Final Combat", which is basically a complete ripoff of TF2 in almost every aspect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYCuSxpPxYk

Hell, they even ripped off map designs from TF2. They just don't give a fuck at all.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-06-01 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    It's China, land of thieves and people that couldn't give a damn.

Plus Blizzard can't do anything about it.
    They can tell YouTube to stop advertising it to us? Thats what I'm wondering what they haven't done yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Blatant ripoff games have existed for a long time, OP. You're just noticing this now?

They're usually chinese-based stuff since it's apparently really hard to legally pursue them.

One example is "Final Combat", which is basically a complete ripoff of TF2 in almost every aspect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYCuSxpPxYk
    I knew. I just took a bit to find that it came from China. So is immune. And confused why blizzard allows YouTube to advertise it. Yes they can't hit the company. But they can stop the advertisement. YouTube is advertising it in Canada. A place where they have the right to tell YouTube to not advertise it

- - - Updated - - -

But I'm going to bed now. Super tired. And I guess this could also be a show of how copyright works and why it needs to be defended. As if blizzards copyright was revoked(not taken seriously) e would see hundreds of thousands of games labeled world of Warcraft. Using all of it's assets and making millions on them

And that league of heros is a perfect example. Imagine a world we're everything was like that. Because no one defended their copyrights

10+ Year Old Account
    (bonus, my version of a good 2 million gold mount replacement for the spider.... doge=player)

But im off to bed in a few minutes, its 1 am here :P
    What is that monstrosity?

We need a Blingtron mount now. Or a Blingtron-themed xpac!

i do too on my PC, turned it off to find this ad...
    and my main issue is how come YOUTUBE hasent taken this ad off? with its blatant assets theft, of coarse blizz cant touch THEM but they can tell youtube "hey fuckers, stop advertising this assets stealing game" imagine if that league of heros had ads on yotube...
    They pay for the advertisements. I doubt YT cares much about the content of the ad outside of whether it's implicitly illegal content. Since this game is produced by a company in China and exists in the fair use grey area I mentioned earlier, it's doubtful anybody views the games' existence as a detriment to WoW's IP.

Also, ever hear the phrase, "There's no such thing as bad publicity"? A lot of these games exist to make people go, "What the fuck, can they get away with this???" and post about it on other pages. Even though it's negative publicity, curious folks may be interested to venture onto the game's website (thereby providing web traffic ad revenue), or worse yet, create accounts to see how the game plays (thereby accomplishing the exact purpose of the ad).

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If there is one thing you should know about chinese products it's that the producers have literally no sense of shame. I'll try to avoid calling it a cultural thing but there's a damn huge amount of pure ripoffs that aren't even trying to cover it up.