Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New beta wave invite speculation

Hello, so basically I have been browsing and reading many different posts, and can't find any dedicated to basically finding out or predicting when the next beta wave is, as I'm sure many people are sick of entering bot infested contests, I personally think the next wave will come no later then next week. I look forward to the speculation, let's hope it comes sooner then later

Deleted
    If they're gonna send 500 beta keys every week, thats alot.

I wonder IF they're gonna do open beta

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd give it 3 weeks max until they send another big wave, if there's any coming at all. Prepatch is likely 6 weeks from now since it's 2 weeks before the expansion launches, possibly earlier.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I would guess and this is just "speculation" whenever the LFR build arrives there will be another wave
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard have no more direct waves and just use giveaways.

I mean between MMOC and WoWhead alone there will be a few thousand keys handed out already.

Deleted
    Lots of give aways from streamers and forums. I don't see more invites coming out befor LFR testing or if they need more people for pvp

I dont think snother wave is coming because of PTR pre patch.
    Pre patch will most likely arrive in june to be tested on PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Daveh View Post
    If they're gonna send 500 beta keys every week, thats alot.

I wonder IF they're gonna do open beta
    They've never done open beta before, so I don't know why you would even consider them doing it now.

OT: I think they won't do another wave soon. First the contests run and maybe after that they'll invite some more people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    They've never done open beta before, so I don't know why you would even consider them doing it now.

OT: I think they won't do another wave soon. First the contests run and maybe after that they'll invite some more people.
    I don't get your post, I don't think Blizzard has hosted the contests themselves. They're giving keys out for sites to give people more of a chance to get into the beta, but invites have always been primarily given out by Blizzard from random waves, not contests from other sites. I also believe that they sound out waves every build, but they generally aren't large ones from what it seems.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-06-01 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard have no more direct waves and just use giveaways.

I mean between MMOC and WoWhead alone there will be a few thousand keys handed out already.
    This and the fact Blizz themselves are giving away over 5k beta keys. I believe that is their next wave of beta invites

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'd give it 3 weeks max until they send another big wave, if there's any coming at all. Prepatch is likely 6 weeks from now since it's 2 weeks before the expansion launches, possibly earlier.
    6 weeks from now is 1 month and a half from the expansion release ? wut?

i know people who are unsubbed for the last 12months yet they got Invite

People who are still subbed have to hope they get lucky in a giveaway.

Well shouldnt surprise much its Blizzard 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I don't get your post, I don't think Blizzard has hosted the contests themselves. They're giving keys out for sites to give people more of a chance to get into the beta, but invites have always been primarily given out by Blizzard from random waves, not contests from other sites. I also believe that they sound out waves every build, but they generally aren't large ones from what it seems.
    I know Blizzard doesn't run them, but they do give the keys and I think they want those keys to be used first before they invite more people. It looks like they don't want/need so many people testing atm, so they're simply waiting. The keys from the contests will be enough people for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I would guess and this is just "speculation" whenever the LFR build arrives there will be another wave
    This coming from the guy who predicted legion beta dates wrong like 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    This coming from the guy who predicted legion beta dates wrong like 3 times.
    He did say "guess". Don't think Towelliee has ever been super serious on any dates he's given. He just does it to shut up the 1200 idiots who won't stop banging on about it.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    He did say "guess". Don't think Towelliee has ever been super serious on any dates he's given. He just does it to shut up the 1200 idiots who won't stop banging on about it.
    This guy is a smart guy dis guy
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

I predict further predicitions about future beta keys will happen, some will be incorrect, others will also be incorrect, but by golly one is bound to be correct. Mark my words!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    6 weeks from now is 1 month and a half from the expansion release ? wut?
    Oh, right. Everything I said but 4 weeks longer then.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Blizzard is running their own Social Media giveaway of 5,200 keys.

That's the next wave. It'll be over the next few weeks.

The EU branch of Blizzard hosted it, but the official WoW FB page came along and said it was an approved and sanctioned event.
    No beta yet, I'll keep trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heyimcute View Post
    i know people who are unsubbed for the last 12months yet they got Invite

People who are still subbed have to hope they get lucky in a giveaway.

Well shouldnt surprise much its Blizzard 2016
    Stop being such an entitled prick for crying out loud. Just because your subbed doesn't mean that automatically gives you a right to qualify for beta over anyone else. Not even someone who has been 12 years unsubbed. Truth is, they've been a customer just as much as you and can be a returning one as well, so it's only logical they'd want feedback from that perspective as well. The world doesn't revolve around you you know.