Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Legion is already extremely anti-alt just because of the Artifact weapons.
    You don't get Artifacts on your alts?

what i find more disturbing are the shades of brown used in the mission windows for order halls

it reminds me of similar shades used for other windows in the game. i can only take this to mean that blizzard hates us.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You do, but you have to actually play them which sucks.

I liked garrisons. Not sure why so many of you get so butthurt about it...don't like it? Don't do it. It's a fuckin' game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Legion is already extremely anti-alt just because of the Artifact weapons.
    Nah, I see that as being pro-main.

There's distinct difference between being alt-friendly and alt-intensive

WOD is alt intensive. The only way to get all this huge gold from garrisons everyone is talking about, is to stack a large number of alts. Server cap preferably.

Look, you are NOT supposed to have every fucking class in the game decked out in full epics with nearly no effort. If you like playing alts, you should be able to comfortably keep up two characters, maybe three if you're really into it. Not fcking eleven! It should be neraly impossible to keep up 11 geared characters. In WOD you are able to do so with ease, because gear rains down from the sky and the garrison caches. My lowest ilvl alt is 703, thanks to Battleground weeks and overly powerful S3 PvP gear (and passive Honor from garrison missions)

And guess what happens if you ARE able to keep up so many characters? Yeah, that's right. Nothing to do for people that don't have / don't want to play ten fucking characters.

I welcome this "alt hostility" with open arms. My main will actually be a MAIN once again. Not just one of ten meaningless characters.

As for this whole garrison drama, well Class Halls are nothing like the garrisons. The only thing that's from garrison is the mission UI. The main difference between CH and garrison: CH compliments world content, garrison was a self-sustainable source of content and rewards. WOD missions bring rewards on their own, CH missions actually require the player to do things in the world in order to get those rewards.
    Sure it's kinda questionable move to gate content behind this, but this might be a good thing to prevent overcrowding on more rewarding quests (at start at least). There's few things worse than having to do a quest with the entire realm on it and slow target respawn. Mission UI might filter the players out to several random quests, so instead of everybody jumping on 1 quest, players will get spread out to 5 different quests.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-06-01 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Followers will once again have item levels once they reach max level of 110 within your class order hall.
    Oh, these class halls are totally not garrisons. Totally not.

Except the only things to do there are the class campain which is a very short version of the garrison campaign, and these missions which are garrison missions with same mechanics.

Totally not a small version of garrisons with no new or interesting gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    The main difference between CH and garrison: CH compliments world content, ...
    By doing what? Acting as a quest hub? We had this in garrisons with apexis dailies. What's new??? What do class halls add?
    Last edited by rda; 2016-06-01 at 06:21 AM.

Deleted
    I'm fine if it's optional, I really dislike this item level system for followers, they would be fine without item levels.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    People need to stop worrying about this if they haven't seen it first hand, it really is nothing like garrison missions today.

And once again we have fucking useless number game of ilvls for our followers, while not being able to actually gear them with real items, changing their visuals and stuff.

Yay blizzard, good job @ doing lazy mode 24/7 in everything.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    By doing what? Acting as a quest hub? We had this in garrisons with apexis dailies. What's new??? What do class halls add?

More stuff for you to be negative about?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You can, but there is no catch-up mechanic to increase the rate of Artifact Power income.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Nah, I see that as being pro-main.
    Anti-alt, pro-main, same thing really.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    More stuff for you to be negative about?
    Anything on topic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    People need to stop worrying about this if they haven't seen it first hand, it really is nothing like garrison missions today.
    It's exactly like garrisons, just in a bit smaller scale when it comes to followers, which could be increased later on, i definitely see them adding more followers as the expansion goes on and atm the gold missions in a low lvl class hall award +300g. Same thing is going to happen as it did in WoD, you log in to all your toons collect and send out missions and log out later in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    And? If you're in the beta you should already feel how there's a night and day difference between Garrisons and Order Halls. Most relevant Order Hall missions require you to go out and do stuff instead of your followers. The fact that they'll receive item levels doesn't change a thing.
    lol we're still on that page calling them missions I see. All they did was take Saurfang/alliance counterpart, the daily trader, apexis dailies, etc and throw them into the garrison table along with the same old stupid follower missions. They took something old, merged it with something old, and painted it as if it was something new.

There is nothing new about the Order Hall missions.

Deleted
    Like some have said, they ain't like fucking garrisons, them complaining are 99% more the people who like to let their head of on forums every day in, day out that ain't got the access. There are two missions I have come across to give item level upgrades to champions +5 and +10. for one thing also, you will level 7 max. None of this 20 and 25 with Garrison Barracks. As for how frequent you will be there, maybe 5 mins a time twice a day literally, no need to be there any more. Unless you need to make that special trip because you have gained enough AP for another point to go on weapon. which believe me, once you hit 16 points, they are special trips as that's when grind begins, currently. As for alts - Blizz said from day one it wont be alt-friendly and main efforts would be focused on 1 character, not saying you cant have an alt geared, but there is PLENTY to do for 1 character for a LONG time in my opinion, and take out Artefact power grind, Deal with the Ancient Mana in surumar. This is wht will be invading forums come live and Garrisons will be last thing you will want to moan about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    Like some have said, they ain't like fucking garrisons, them complaining are 99% more the people who like to let their head of on forums every day in, day out that ain't got the access. There are two missions I have come across to give item level upgrades to champions +5 and +10. for one thing also, you will level 7 max. None of this 20 and 25 with Garrison Barracks. As for how frequent you will be there, maybe 5 mins a time twice a day literally, no need to be there any more. Unless you need to make that special trip because you have gained enough AP for another point to go on weapon. which believe me, once you hit 16 points, they are special trips as that's when grind begins, currently. As for alts - Blizz said from day one it wont be alt-friendly and main efforts would be focused on 1 character, not saying you cant have an alt geared, but there is PLENTY to do for 1 character for a LONG time in my opinion, and take out Artefact power grind, Deal with the Ancient Mana in surumar. This is wht will be invading forums come live and Garrisons will be last thing you will want to moan about.
    Actually there are stuff that shortens mission times on top of that you have your perma followers which will most likely be increased as time goes on and then you have ur "recruits" that totals already closer to 15 followers at the start of the expansion.

So Exactly what has changed from WoD? all i see is atm is that you have couple less followers but then again it's the start of the expansion.
    Last edited by mmocf8a5cc7d0f; 2016-06-01 at 06:53 AM.

Don't you get a follower of your choice hanging around with you out in the world ?

So that would just mean this would make your journey in the world easier/quickier... I don't see what the problem is ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    Don't you get a follower of your choice hanging around with you out in the world ?

So that would just mean this would make your journey in the world easier/quickier... I don't see what the problem is ?
    I think the point is that follower ilvl is yet one more thing that was cloned from WoD garrisons, there is literally no difference with garrisons/class halls anymore at this point.

It doesn't really bother me. I have done a few of the missions thus far, and they are way less important then they used to be.

I see it as:
    Leveling through WoD, anything that wasn't directly related to the leveling aspect what work on Garrisons.

Leveling through Legion so far has been going EVERYWHERE, to every side thing that comes up(if your interested at trying everything you can do). Professions send you places for making your better, and xp.
    You get random quests from Dalaran for side progression. I have found myself wanting to explore the zones more then ever before.

When you go back to the class hall it isn't for the missions, they are something you click on while stopping though. But you are mainly upgrading your weapon and maybe doing an artifact quest taking you into the world. Really enjoying it so far.
    I don't have a 110 yet(side effect of trying 10 different specs) But I figure world quests will serve the same purpose at level.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    I think the point is that follower ilvl is yet one more thing that was cloned from WoD garrisons, there is literally no difference with garrisons/class halls anymore at this point.
    garrisons: daily connect 5 min to spam mission on the table

class/order halls: daily connect much longer to go out in the world and do quests/mission given by your class/order hall table

you really can't tell the difference there?