Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    Deleted

Warforged, extra socket, tertiary stats and now Titanforged.

For anyone who doesnt know it by now, Legion adds another item modifier which stacks with warforged (+10 ilvls) and the others.

Titanforged is similiar to Baleful items from Tanaan or WoD mythic dungeon drops, where the item level range is +5 - +75 in intervals of 5.

Any item dropped in Legion, be it leveling quest rewards, world boss loot, heroic/mythic dungeon or raid loot can be titanforged, warforged, have an extra socket and/or a tertiary stat now.

This means that 825 heroic dungeon loot could potentially end up as ilvl 900 (above normal mythic raid loot).

Is it confirmed somewhere that raid loot can be Titanforged? Because I doubt that, it'd be just silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Is it confirmed somewhere that raid loot can be Titanforged? Because I doubt that, it'd be just silly.
    It would be silly to not have titanforged raid loot. Besides, there's anything official about titanforged - all this information is first hand experience from alpha/beta.

...Man. I'd rather take my 15 bucks to a slot machine, or lottery. Would be less RNG than this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    It would be silly to not have titanforged raid loot. Besides, there's anything official about titanforged - all this information is first hand experience from alpha/beta.
    ?

Mythic dungeons currently drop "multiple warforged" but nothing else does.

It would be silly in raid because randomly having +45 ilvls on your BiS trinket etc. would translate into insane output differences based on loot RNG and I don't think even Blizzard will go that far, for tuning reasons if nothing else.

So basically the OP is based on your guesses and nothing official then, I was a bit alarmed for a minute there.

Deleted
    ?

It would be silly in raid because randomly having +45 ilvls on your BiS trinket etc. would translate into insane output differences based on loot RNG and I don't think even Blizzard will go that far, for tuning reasons if nothing else.

So basically the OP is based on your guesses and nothing official then, I was a bit alarmed for a minute there.
    You'd be right about tuning issues if secondary stats would still work like on live, which they dont. Your secondary stats wont change much after level 110, not to say that many item slots will lose main stats completely.

Deleted
    ?

i had an 850 titanforged cape in normal violet hold droped

You'd be right about tuning issues if secondary stats would still work like on live, which they dont. Your secondary stats wont change much after level 110, not to say that many item slots will lose main stats completely.
    Think about a Prophecy of Fear boosted by 45 ilvls for a moment and see where I'm coming from :P Nothing to do with secondary stats.

But even ignoring gimmicks like that it'd just be a stupid thing to do, scaling will still be exponential and 45 ilvls is a huge RNG factor in gear. Tuning a new raid tier after people have been farming months for some months would get really tricky. It'd be split runs like never before for the serious guilds as well.

Just imagine getting full 975ish level from full titan forge, you may never need gear beyond titanforged again.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Think about a Prophecy of Fear boosted by 45 ilvls for a moment and see where I'm coming from :P Nothing to do with secondary stats.

But even ignoring gimmicks like that it'd just be a stupid thing to do, scaling will still be exponential and 45 ilvls is a huge RNG factor in gear. Tuning a new raid tier after people have been farming months for some months would get really tricky. It'd be split runs like never before for the serious guilds as well.
    And yet we still have item modifiers and legendary ring RNG and so on. Its just the next logical step for Blizzard to increase their content lenghts.

IMHO, I was okay with loot in SoO where you could be done at one point - still after many months of 25hc farming, but you could be done. Now you basically wont reach that goal, NEVER.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Just imagine getting full 975ish level from full titan forge, you may never need gear beyond titanforged again.
    Yeah, but they also add new raids, new mythic+ keystone levels and new zones with better base loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any source for this Titanforged ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Deleted
    Currently it shows it as being so in the dungeon journal and from world bosses.

Edit : I managed to get a 885 chest from a world boss myself from it procong before the wipe to beta.

And yet we still have item modifiers and legendary ring RNG and so on. Its just the next logical step for Blizzard to increase their content lenghts.

IMHO, I was okay with loot in SoO where you could be done at one point - still after many months of 25hc farming, but you could be done. Now you basically wont reach that goal, NEVER.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but they also add new raids, new mythic+ keystone levels and new zones with better base loot.
    Yeah, but even with the WOD model, we didn't have a 75 difference between mythic Highmaul and Mythic HFC. In other words, any 75 TItanforged mythic raid gear from Nighthold will almost last the whole expansion
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    Do you have any source for this Titanforged ?
    World of Warcraft: Legion (beta)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    ...Man. I'd rather take my 15 bucks to a slot machine, or lottery. Would be less RNG than this bullshit.
    This made me laugh as I recall the yesteryears of Diablo 2 and seeing that rare Lance drop and praying to the RNG gods for enhanced damage over 150% and some form of leach. Yeah its a different style game but crying over a taste of randomness just makes you sound entitled.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Currently it shows it as being so in the dungeon journal and from world bosses.
    Dungeon Journal showed a mythic version for Kazzak loot as well or something though right?

I don't know, you all might be right. I'd just rather see official confirmation before starting another round "wtf are they thinking" :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Yeah, but even with the WOD model, we didn't have a 75 difference between mythic Highmaul and Mythic HFC. In other words, any 75 TItanforged mythic raid gear from Nighthold will almost last the whole expansion
    Yeah, probably. Heroic dungeon loot also has the potential to be ilvl 900.

Baleful items capped at 690, mythic dungeon loot at 725 - there's still so much room.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    ...huh.

Item level inflation to solve item level inflation? ._.
    Yeah. Unbelievable. Let's pour gasoline into the fire.... -.-

Edit: Knowing where your loot pieces drop and which quality and stats they will have was one of the most important reasons for me to love WoW and to hate Diablo with its random loot. I understand that randomised gear makes people play longer if they love the hunt for the BiS items. But for people like me, who want to reach some kind of "completeness" with a character, this is a horror scenario. It discourages me to re-run content as soon as I get my minimum item level requirement. I then call it a day and leave group activities altogether. I am not motivated by slot machines, I hate them. We have enough RNG in the game with not knowing, which of the items on a loot list will drop from a boss and if you will get it or not. RNG in various additive item upgrades is disgusting. It's a cheap way to keep people playing, preying on their base instincts.

Also, they already have a game with such a loot system. People who like it, should go play Diablo. -.-
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-06-01 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    This made me laugh as I recall the yesteryears of Diablo 2 and seeing that rare Lance drop and praying to the RNG gods for enhanced damage over 150% and some form of leach. Yeah its a different style game but crying over a taste of randomness just makes you sound entitled.
    D2 still had better itemization if I remember correctly. A badly rolled Buriza was still a very good item, in D3 a badly rolled item is pretty much crap unless it's a part of a set.

I'm not a big fan of massive amounts of RNG. I'd rather have the drop chances lowered and chances of the item being good higher when the item finally drops. But it's a difficult to find that perfect balance between feeling that stuff never drops and the feeling that everything that drops is crap.

Vanilla WoW for example was bit excessive in one direction where you hade like 2 drops per boss for a raid of 40 people. Chances were you wouldn't complete your set at all if you were playing a popular class.

Another thing to consider is the loot table of a certain boss. If it has very few items in its loot table items may be perceived to be easy to get and if it has too many it'll feel like your item will never drop. I wasn't a big fan of the shared loot tables in WOD dungeons where pretty much any boss could drop certain items since it made those items feel less special and you couldn't really farm for them without doing all the bosses in every dungeon. I hope this is something that goes away in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand what they're trying to do here, but I sincerely doubt that it's going to work. The idea is to make the entire game remain rewarding for as long as possible, and those who just play the game will generally do quite well.

Sadly, that's not how players approach World of Warcraft. The game isn't rewarding any more, players simply chase rewards. And when you put those rewards behind a wall that can't be lowered? Well, frustration ensues.

Honestly, I can't really see this turning out very well.