Poll: Rate the Warcraft movie

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    First post since ... I don't know ... 2 years?

Saw the movie yesterday. Was kind of nice to see the animations, but the story was super meh. I expected way better acting, also Garona seemed to be too human in comparison to the other Orcs. Also, the story of Medivh does not seem to be as in the books or in the game, as he dies before Garona has an affair with him. This goes a little bit against my lore mind. I struggled with it.

Khadgar was way too young. The night elves were badly animated/rendered, disliked them. The final transformation of Medivh was a little bit unnecessary imo. It would have been better to just display him as insane and possessed, rather than letting him transform.

The weapons and armor of the humans looked way too plastic and light. The gems and jewels looked cheap.

Logical flaws:
    - You have never seen any of the wolves step inside the great portal. How did the orcs get them into Azeroth?
    - Garona learned to speak the human language perfectly in one or two days. Really?
    - Why is Garona "greenish" (fel influenced) and still doesn't suffer from any of the spells that Medivh is casting to kill the fel influenced orcs?
    - There are not many orcs coming through the dark portal in the scene where Draka is giving birth to Thrall, but in the final fight at the dark portal, there are hundreds. Where did they come from, as the dark portal has not been finished by this time?

Overall, I give this movie a rating of 6, but just because of personal fanboyism.
    -
    Well... you know, that some times movies don't show everything in exact details. You have to fill up the gaps, like with the wolves accompanying the Frostwolf Clan. Honestly, if these animals are that important to a clan that they are mentioned in the name, of course they would take some with them, especially if they also are used as mounts. So, we possibly also don't see that many orcs because the focus lies on Draka and her birthing the child, and the camera angle leaves most orcs out of the scope.

While I also wondered how Garona managed to achieve learning a totally different language that fast, I give her the benefit of a doubt. She already knows the Draenei language having a mixed heritage, so she would have a bonus with learning additional languages, it's quite usual. She probably even has a knack for languages, who knows. And my impression was, that the timespan was not merely some days. It was the usual time shortage techniques we know from movies, because you don't follow the story in real time. She probably also just has been too far away to be affected by Medivh's spell which killed all fel-orcs.

There have been other points which have been more disappointing for me, regarding Medivh and Khadgar.

Yeah, the High Elves looked dumb. This whole glowy eyes thing did not work out quite well (looked bad with the Kirin Tor mages as well), and their ears looked totally wrong, too flat and with a weird shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's between "okay" and "good" for me. Except for the first 20 minutes, which were really rushed and some other jump cuts, the "good" overweights the "okay". So 7/10 I would say.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was fine with the plot being different at some points, a lot of movies based on novels do that so it's just to be expected. I do wish they would have added another 20-30 mins to it in order to make the first 20-30 mins feel less "rush through tons of content for the sake of having it in there". Still a very solid movie for the fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dallk View Post
    Loved all the small "cameos" like the murloc and summoning stone!
    My personal favourites were the sound of Hogger killing someone, and the appearance of Grommash.

I rated it at a seven out of ten. I think the scriptwriting did extremely well, given the breadth of the material and that it needed to cater to serious fans as well as general audiences. Some of the acting was sub-par, however, and character development was undershot in some cases (perhaps the extended edition will sort that out).

All told, though, I found myself caring about what happened and generally enjoying the film. I tend to view things similarly to Mark Kermode, so it was no surprise that I enjoyed it around as much as he did.

Off-topic:

Was I the only that saw The Betrayer of Humanity?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    6.5/10 for me. Was not bad, but not amazing either. And I have a lot of small issues with the lore changes they made.
    I see what you did there :P

As for me, I gave it a 7.
    I overall enjoyed it, there were some good insider jokes (lasts about 1 minute), and the overal acting was okay to very good. I think Khadgar is by far the best character and also has the best acting. Medivh was good as well, as was King Llane but I think the actor was not well chosen for this role, he looked too young and boyish for my taste. With Lothar I'm kind of split, he had good moments and veeery bad moments (like the scene in the prison cell, that was cringeworthy). Garona ... well. She always looks like she's going to cry, which I didn't like too much, so I was a bit disappointed. On the other hand I think Draka (and all other orcs at that) were really good!

Overall I think that even non-Warcraft nerds can follow the story pretty well, even though there are a few things that don't seem logical: Why does Durotan suddenly have a wolf on his head? How does Garona speak the Human language? (Sidenote on that I really liked the negotiation scene where it switches between Orcish and Human as gibberish). I also liked the scenery, even though Karazhan looked very much different. Stormwind was pretty close to the game though ...
    so, a 7/10 from me

If they do more films I will definitely see them at the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Some fan did a recut of the movies and compressed them into one single movie more true to the book and that was actually quite enjoyable. It's a really short book after all so stretching it out into 3 movies (for profit I'd assume) made for some pretty dull stuff.
    I really should try and find that at some point, I'd probably love it. Screw the extended cut - the movie needed a lot more editing!

OT: Seems 7/8 is the average people are giving - and non-professional reviews tend to be more honest in my opinion (where many critics seem to think a 7/10 means it was bad). So I have hope that its a decent movie, and that critics are just being hipsters and criticising it purely because its a video game movie.

Deleted
    I'd say around 8/10. I think it was actually pretty good and definitely met my hopes and expectations.

15+ Year Old Account
    The movie has been slated everywhere apart from on this forum.

Deleted
    I voted 8/10, really well made movie, I was entertained. The orcs were fantastic. I think Duncan did a fine job, it has not been easy I believe.

The acting was ok, not the best, not the worst. Only had an issue with Travis Fimmel, think there were too much "Ragnar" in Lothar, but I guess thats his trademark / acting method whatever

I've noticed a few people here pointing out the fact that lore was changed being something they disliked about the movie and while a fair point in some ways they've said several times throughout the progress of the movie that the lore has been changed rather a lot. So things happening differently are to be heavily expected.

But with any luck we'll see them filter into the Third War easily enough for the next movie or the one after. Sadly given what we've seen so far I'm doubtful the second war would work, however as I'm not due to see the film till Friday I'll reserve judgement till then. But part of me would rather have actually just seen a film version of the Last Guardian rather than something on a grand scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I really should try and find that at some point, I'd probably love it. Screw the extended cut - the movie needed a lot more editing!

OT: Seems 7/8 is the average people are giving - and non-professional reviews tend to be more honest in my opinion (where many critics seem to think a 7/10 means it was bad). So I have hope that its a decent movie, and that critics are just being hipsters and criticising it purely because its a video game movie.
    I think that if you know your Warcraft lore and am a fan of the games you're sure to enjoy it on some level. It'll probably not be a 9/10 but on the other hand not a 1/10 either.

6/10

The movie is only average at best, the pacing is way to fast and all over the place. And there's no proper buildup that'll make you care enough for when characters die. The orcs look great and its obvious to tell that most of the budget went into making them, but then there's also some very bad CGI and some very obvious green-screen scenes. The acting is for most of the part okay, I give the most credit to Lothar, Khadgar and Medivh. Garona looked pretty bad though, especially her teeth look fake.

Warcraft fans might get a kick out of it, but sadly it didn't do it for me. Average movie go'ers will have mixed feelings, but if your very unfamiliar with the franchise then I think it won't be a good watch, especially with the way its paced. Its certainly no LotR, but it managed to be just a decent fantasy flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    We are the target audience - of course we will like it.

5/10 I'm not a die hard warcraft fan, thought it was ok though. I know my younger brother enjoyed it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Reminder to you guys, that 10/10 votes are most likely made by fanbois therefore it is invalid.

Haven't seen it, not yet out.
    I gave it a 10/10, beacuse I enjoyed the entire movie and it was well done from a technical Point of view.

You didn't even watch it and already post shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    People on this forum are not able to be objective so "everywhere apart from on this forum" probably has it right.

Deleted
    i gave it 6/10 because im a warcraft and world of warcraft player... if i saw it and had never played those games i would have hated it, because the acting was bad and some stuff just looked completely ridiculuous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Silly me looking for common sense on the internet.
    You equate your opinion to common sense, which shows your own lack of common sense.

Deleted
    gave it a 8/10 bit in reality it should be closer to 7,5

people with any knowledge of the warcraft franchise must see it in my opinion, and most of them will enjoy it, no matter the 1000 flaws.

well, for ordinary people... im not sure. cant place myself into their position.