Poll: Rate the Warcraft movie

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    4/10

It was OK ..

9/10 i rarely ever watch movies twice unless they are exceptional. this is one of them

they murdered the lore. 4/10

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    4/10. Basically how bad the Hobbit trilogy is...
    Hobbit trilogy was destroyed by the 3rd movie. The first and second ones were amazing!

3rd movie was an abomination idk wtf was going through the heads of the people writing it.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What I personally loved the most, was when they first showed Stormwind, the background music came up from in game.. gave me legit goosebumps, even now when I think of it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Currently, I am my boss. And despite my complaints to HR, I simply will not stop sexually harassing myself.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    9/10. As a fan of the franchise, I absolutely loved it. However, I think that the "professional" movie reviewers who know absolutely nothing about the universe rated it lowly, since it has a lot of references and nods to the fans, that they just wouldn't get.

Absolutely a movie I would love to see again.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Reminder to you guys, that 10/10 votes are most likely made by fanbois therefore it is invalid.

Haven't seen it, not yet out.
    why even post if you haven't seen it? This is obviously an opinion poll for people who have seen it. I can see where some may have voted 10/10. It was a great movie, which is why i vote 8/10. The movie seemed a bit rushed to try to get a ton of info into a certain time limit, which kind of takes away from the movie somewhat. CGI was pretty damn good though. More info could have been used for people who might not know much about the WoW universe though, especially on medivh. GF came and saw it with me and really only understood what was happening because she's seen me play WoW. The music to the movie was pretty good as well. She mentioned several times that she could have closed her eyes and listened and pretty much known where I was in game based on the music from the movie.
    Last edited by Chipskunk; 2016-06-01 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a flawed movie, but a really enjoyable one nonetheless. I don't like rating movies because I put no value in a number score without knowing the reasoning behind it, but since you asked, I would give it an 8 as a fan. It has great action and you will never see this many High Fantasy elements in a movie while doing them as well. The CGI and the Orcs look fantastic, the magic is big, loud, and looks great, and the movie completely engulfs itself in its setting. If you enjoy Fantasy movies, you owe it to yourself to see it for just the visual spectacle alone.

The plot was shit and all over the place, but the fan service was on point as were the visuals.The acting was decent throughout, as was the direction.

Overall, I'd say a 6 or 7.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I was not that much impressed as with other movies, but it was a fun experience. 7/10
    This is the most accurate non-biased description of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Avent View Post
    they murdered the lore. 4/10
    They had to throw some curves in otherwise there would be no point in people who play the game going and watching the movie. The lore changes made it interesting and provided some convo topics to talk about the differences between the movie and lore.

9/10, would've given it 10/10 but the 3D gave me a headache at some points in the movie. The movie is incredibly good in my opinion.

IMDb 8/10, Tomatoes 24%. I wonder why there is such a huge gap...
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    7/10. They really did an bad job with the trailers...

After brief internet surfing it seems that all the critics are shitting on the movie while the general audience is calling it great. Does it mean that the movie is really good or is Blizzard astroturfing?
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    After brief internet surfing it seems that all the critics are shitting on the movie while the general audience is calling it great. Does it mean that the movie is really good or is Blizzard astroturfing?
    "General public" votes in places like IMDB were from people who didn't even see the movie and were voting early to show their support. If you watch the ratings, you will notice that the supposedly high ratings from individual viewers decline over time - that's those blind votes of support getting overwritten by real ones.

7-8/10 for me Though it's a bit funny. There definitely were quite a few points I didn't like, but overall I'm still rather hyped and want to see it again! And I don't have that with many movies. But maybe that's just the warcraft fan in me, dunno!

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    "General public" votes in places like IMDB were from people who didn't even see the movie and were voting early to show their support. If you watch the ratings, you will notice that the supposedly high ratings from individual viewers decline over time - that's those blind votes of support getting overwritten by real ones.
    Which instead of 10s, are 7s and 8s. Yep, definitely a terrible movie.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    7/10. They really did an bad job with the trailers...
    Yeah honestly my expectations were butchered by the trailers, first 5 minutes of the movie made me realize it was going to be nothing like those. Pleasantly surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Reviewers rate it and put it up against other major releases, general public in this case is mainly fans of the franchise. Of course opinions between the two groups are going to be left and right here.

Deleted
    7.5/10, I was expecting a 5/10 btw.