Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    That entirely depends on the non-Async performance. The comparison you've got there is two GPUs in Crossfire purposely designed for Async vs. an Async-retrofitted single GPU both running an Async-heavy benchmark.

Wait for the 480 crossfire vs 1080 in other DX12 games.
    Oh I am. I mainly want to know how one RX 480 stacks up vs a GTX 970.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh I am. I mainly want to know how one RX 480 stacks up vs a GTX 970.
    Me too. I've been an Nvidia user since I upgraded from a Diamond Monster 3D. Aside from the FX dark ages, this is the first time I've been interested in seeing what the competition has to offer.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Im annoyed they only talked about VR a billion times (dont care about VR) and didnt say anything concrete about non-VR performance

from what I understand there is a $199 Polaris with 4GB VRAM (970+ level ?) and a $249 Polaris with 8GB VRAM (980 level ?)

I guess we'll only know on 29-th June

ok for budget gamers but Ill get a 1070 for sure, the power just isnt there for me on a 480

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you were dead set on 1070 or 1080 from the start to begin with anyways.

Like always, just wait for the reviews. Not like there's much information out there.

I just hope AMD manages to push through the whole "OMG AMD DOESN'T HAVE THE FASTEST SINGLE GPU" stuff we always hear from people, where they dismiss the brand entirely and go nVidia even though they as a consumer have no interest in actually buying a $600-700 card. It seems to me like that plagues them a lot, as if what "the" top card is matters when you're buying a midrange card.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Pretty sure you were dead set on 1070 or 1080 from the start to begin with anyways.

Like always, just wait for the reviews. Not like there's much information out there.
    pretty sure i said more then once id see if they offer a direct 1070 competitor first, so congrats on being wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    pretty sure i said more then once id see if they offer a direct 1070 competitor first, so congrats on being wrong
    The way you post and how you post along with trying to twist everything negatively when it comes to AMD's products does not paint the picture that you're trying to go for said product.
    Not the first time and won't be the last time I've seen this exact behavior. Seen someone said they'd get AMD's hardware if it suits whatever criteria he has, but then later completely forgets that and admits he never will because he has Gsync and such stuff, so no what you say is not what you'll do.
    I know my own biases, I wouldn't buy Nvidia products not because they're bad, but because the business behind it is bad. You'll very clearly see my stance. If someone asks if I'm bias towards a brand, I'll just up and say it. I've already said so multiple times actually on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I just hope AMD manages to push through the whole "OMG AMD DOESN'T HAVE THE FASTEST SINGLE GPU" stuff we always hear from people, where they dismiss the brand entirely and go nVidia even though they as a consumer have no interest in actually buying a $600-700 card. It seems to me like that plagues them a lot, as if what "the" top card is matters when you're buying a midrange card.
    It's kind of like guilt by association, but in this case it's video cards, something like that.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-06-01 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's basically as was rumored all along. Those who want benchmarks - look at thread title.

It's literally a cheap 390X, which is great of course, but if you already have 970, then no point bothering IMO.

It would be nice to get 480X, maybe that could be using GDDR5X and some higher shader count, which would be advancement from 390X, too bad they did not offer that.

But it seems their name of the game is very cheaper price, which is good for us. Hopefully they will sell at that price and not go down like 1080 where it sells at insane prices.

Well now we are seeing 200 bucks for 970 performance

http://www.techspot.com/news/65054-a...s-compute.html

Either way still a good deal as well as a huge TDP drop (less heat in your computer room too).

Can I just say I think it's a really pretty cooler? Not like Asus, MSI or Gigabyte and their awful-looking "gaming" styled coolers that look like complete ass.

Deleted
    The RX 480 seems a great card for newcomers to PC gaming looking for a cheap build, also a great card for wow players for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Sapphire tends to have the best looking AMD cards imo. Sadly I couldn't get a Sapphire r9 390 because it wouldn't fit in my case due to the triple fan layout.
    I mean, Sapphire are pretty solid. But look at the tacky shit like MSI's newest coolers on GTX 1080. It looks like someone asked a teenager to be especially edgy and make what he thinks is... what's their word for cool now? It looks fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I mean, Sapphire are pretty solid. But look at the tacky shit like MSI's newest coolers on GTX 1080. It looks like someone asked a teenager to be especially edgy and make what he thinks is... what's their word for cool now? It looks fucking stupid.
    Reminds me of "gaming laptops". Make it as edgy as possible with as many weird curves and shapes you can put and some unnecessary lights on top of it.

When the product is aimed at teenagers, that's the standard strategy apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, now I just need to see the 480 compared to the 1050 and 1060. Ill still probably get a 1070, but I currently have a 380x and Im looking for more than a 25-30% increase in performance if im going to be forking out the money. Still, my sister and father both have terrible pcs and are wanting new ones so ill keep an eye on this.

VR this, VR that, I wanna see the "$250" card.

SO when will benchmarks hit?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    SO when will benchmarks hit?
    The 29th. It's possible we get reviews a bit earlier but I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    The 29th. It's possible we get reviews a bit earlier but I wouldn't count on it.
    Awesome. I may be getting me a new card in the near future then if its at lease 20% better then my GTX 970.

ill be highly impressed if its on par with a GTX 980 but that may be wishful thinking.

Edit: Also am I the only one who likes the look of the card?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-01 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

ok for budget gamers but Ill get a 1070 for sure, the power just isnt there for me on a 480
    Budget gamers aren't going to spent $400 on a card.

edit: nevermind i can't read thats what you said.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-06-01 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Budget gamers aren't going to spent $400 on a card.
    Agreed anything over $300 is mid to high range gaming IMO.

If benchmarks come out good the Rx 480 will be a great low/midrange card that may be able to equal some high in cards.