253 28.30%
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexinho View Post
    Winning on the long run.
    Cyborg child soldier babies!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Right now, the US would win. Ten years from now, it would be a tough call though.

Technology isn't the only factors in winning a war. The Vietnamese who had no running water and lived in villages made of grass and sticks yet had the US on the run even with the superior weapons and technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_Saigon
    Read the thread title "unrestrained completely savage war."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    If Chinese troop land in say California and were going to have a ground war here in America for the first time in 300+ years then I doubt Chinese troops would make it past the Rocky mountains.
    [...]
    But if we just get it in our head one day to just invade China for "reasons" I doubt we would be able to win that war either. Both sides have tremendous home team advantage. If the US was able to establish a beach head and get enough troops over there to possible get enough unmaned aircraft up in the air we could possible take enough cities if we bomb them into submission.
    I agree with this: a war like proposed is the type of war where the opening move is the losing move, due to something as simple as geography and demography.
    The US might have a much better invasion chance, as most of the military power of the US is geared towards projection, but their rivals have enough defensive capability to cripple it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    There's a lot of hostility toward the United States in general on these boards. I noticed that when I started posting here. Hell, I've noticed that since I started using the internet.

I think so many people answering China either reflects how they feel about the United States, or their complete lack of understanding of geo-political dynamics.

Well, earlier on this page you called Americans too cowardly to fight hand-to-hand. That sounds like hostility to me. And it's completely untru

infracted - thread necromancy
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-06-01 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teekabell View Post
    Well, earlier on this page you called Americans too cowardly to fight hand-to-hand. That sounds like hostility to me. And it's completely untrue.
    You should leave the dead alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teekabell View Post
    Well, earlier on this page you called Americans too cowardly to fight hand-to-hand. That sounds like hostility to me. And it's completely untrue.
    Earlier? You mean like over 2 years ago?

The trolls are at it again, lol.

No one. Everyone will lose.

Deleted
    China by straight up zerg.

Umm...this is one old thread...

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was purely a ground war (no nukes) then the US. The Chinese have the numbers but the ferocity of our warriors is unmatched. Not to mention that, in general, our equipment is better than theirs.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Second, the Tech advantage is just as great as it is always been and it is only getting larger.
    This is definitely not true. China is spending huge amounts of money to catch up with the US, especially for electronics components and military technology. Considering that the GDP of China is increasing faster than the GDP of the USA, China will soon have more money for investments than the US. Even if China reaches just the state of the EU (which has a lot of poor countries too, like Romania and Bulgaria) their economy will have twice the size of the US economy. Simply because their population is four times larger than the US population.

Third, the US doesn't ever have to put a boot in China to completely eliminate Chinas ability to fight.
    This thought was brought up first in WWII and it has been a mistake ever since. There has never been a war that was won by air raids only. Exception would be a nuclear war, but China and the US have both enough nukes to destroy each other entirely.

Fourth, a large amount of the Chinese military is used to suppress unrest in China itself. What do you think happens if the US breaks up central command?
    Learn history! The simplest method to unite a revolting country is to create an external enemy. This is based on a very simple human survival instinct: Defeating an external enemy is always top priority, no matter what. As soon as the US would attack China every urge to revolt would be gone instantly.

Military Strength top 3:

1) United States

USAF
    The F-22 and F-35 flying together.
    Budget: $601 billion
    Active frontline personnel: 1,400,000
    Tanks: 8,848
    Total aircraft: 13,892
    Submarines: 72

2) Russia

Budget: $84.5 billion
    Active frontline personnel: 766,055
    Tanks: 15,398
    Total aircraft: 3,429
    Submarines: 55

3) China

Budget: $216 billion
    Active frontline personnel: 2,333,000
    Tanks: 9,150
    Total aircraft: 2,860
    Submarines: 67
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    KALIMAH KALIMAH!

Stop necroing the dead.

If it is to include occupancy and colonization, neither is capable of winning that war. Just decimation, "we" have more firepower by a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    A Salandrin thread!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Military Strength top 3:

1) United States

USAF
    The F-22 and F-35 flying together.
    Budget: $601 billion
    Active frontline personnel: 1,400,000
    Tanks: 8,848
    Total aircraft: 13,892
    Submarines: 72

2) Russia

Budget: $84.5 billion
    Active frontline personnel: 766,055
    Tanks: 15,398
    Total aircraft: 3,429
    Submarines: 55
    Afghanistan

Budget: Many goats
    frontline personnel: n/a
    Tanks: 0
    Total aircraft: 0
    Submarines: 0

Won wars against the US and Russia. Go figure.

the necromancer could've posted a new China vrs US thread for the same, even better effect. The topic gets a lot of posts usually

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Afghanistan

Budget: Many goats
    frontline personnel: n/a
    Tanks: 0
    Total aircraft: 0
    Submarines: 0

Won wars against the US and Russia. Go figure.
    How well would've Afghanistan fared if they carpet bombed everything like in Germany?

10+ Year Old Account
    Necro

Closing