Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Night jobs are the way to go.

I'm the same as you and I got a job as an overnight stock clerk at a local supermarket.

I still work with people, but we work while the store is closed. I don't have to deal with customers so I get to keep myself to myself and not be bothered for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I can understand why he'd want an entry level job with little to no customer relations. Been there done that, hate it, you get the biggest douchebags sometimes and you just have to go the entire way saying "I'm sorry" "Yes ma'am/sir". A night job is my preference but I can't seem to find any around my town unfortunately. :/
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Warehouse jobs are good because there aren't any annoying customers to deal with.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    Warehouse jobs are good because there aren't any annoying customers to deal with.
    Exactly this, I wish I could find one around here. Had a buddy who just worked at one until he was able to ship off to basic, said it was cake and didn't mind working nights. Always something to stock but you didn't have anyone to deal with as long as you did your job and lets be straight here... How hard is stocking? Outside of it being night shift (pro or con depending on the person), not really.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    anxiety attacks don't just magically go away. I've had them all my life and there's only one thing that's helped with them.
    And what was it that helped you with them? I'm interested to know because I discovered around a year and a half ago that I have anxiety. I have finally gone to get help because I am sick of trying to deal with it by myself.

[Infracted - Necropost]
    Last edited by Annoying; 2016-06-01 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Janitor. May want to try and work on those people skills though.
    There's no better way to handle that then getting a job with low human interaction. My first job didn't really require being social with customers but it helped, and I think that helped bridge the gap. I could probably handle something like register duty at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Hate to come off as a dick OP but a lot of posters in here are right. Your life plan of becoming a hermit is extremely detrimental. Nobody wants to become a hermit. What'd you do? Embarrass the hell out of yourself? Sex offender? Killed somebody? Doesn't matter, you have to learn to readjust to society. Staying home playing video games for the rest of your life isn't the way to go. Even if you were to find a job with minimal people interaction, you're still going to be interacting with 20+ people daily. On your drive to work, at the clinic, your coworkers and boss, grocery store. You can't avoid people as much as we all wish we could some times.

Deleted
    QA Tester - not a great salary at start, but you generally only speak with fellow QA in your team and some devs.
    Security something - you talk with boss and with some people that work at place you guard, most other people walk by you or say hello at most.
    Warehouse jobs or loading/unloading - you're told to move pellets and talk to fellow workers a bit, that's about it.
    Translator for a company - they give you texts, you translate them, interraction only with fellow coworkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Staying home playing video games for the rest of your life isn't the way to go. You can't avoid people as much as we all wish we could some times.
    That would be the ideal life. I have a warehouse job and its boring af. And the people there are so annoying arguing about the most pointless shit.

Deleted
    Warehouse/Stock-related jobs. Currently i take in Store Deliveries, 6am start and typically the only regular conversation i hold is with 2 people. You do get approached and have to interact with people, but minimum sentences. X is here, Y is not. Do X if you want Y, otherwise go about your job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night jobs.

But like people have said here: Force yourself to learn to interact with people. I hate people as much as the next guy but it's a huge skill to be able to have. If anything after your shift you can drink to how stupid they all are.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Well I now have a job as a bookkeeper/clerk for a property management company where the manager is afraid of talking to people and i have to handle most phone calls, telling people that they owe money and make old people cry or raise their blood pressure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Become a programmer.

https://www.codecademy.com/learn/javascript

Start with javascript.

Maybe move on to C# or java.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Man, it's kind of impressive to see all these replies and apparently nobody noticed how ridiculously old OP's post is.

I was about to give advice and then I realized (until he posted) that it's so old that he might actually be dead at this point. Or living in the woods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try the railroads. And I don't mean as a ticket-taker or something but I mean the industrial railroads. You'll usually be around one other person but you're not around "people".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I've already decided to become a recluse/hermit for the rest of my life i just need to get some working experience and money to sustain such lifestyle. If I were normal I wouldn't want to be related in any way to a person like me (too much baggage), so I try to do people a favor by staying out of their lives.
    Math/Statistical view on life: you exist because a certain sperm cell out of millions touched the egg first. If it were another sperm cell, instead of you there would be another person, that would resembe you, sort of like a brother/sister. Not to mention if the moment of conception were to occur in another day, where there would be other millions of sperm cells. The point is that me, you, we all should be thankful that we exist in the first place. Yes life can be rough, but at the same time you could not have existed. Even if you die young, or are disabled physically or mentally or just scarred or even just uncomfortable with what the world has to offer to you, it can always be worse. You have the key, you can draw the "sketch" of your destiny, even though other people/events add the details.

Try and think it over. Life is like a big tree made of candy. Go lick as much as u can

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Become a programmer.

https://www.codecademy.com/learn/javascript

Start with javascript.

Maybe move on to C# or java.
    I learned some java and c in college but its been ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant afford it right now, and when I told my parents something was wrong with me they took me to church so I cant rely on them.
    Honestly, church isnt a bad idea for you. You dont necessarily have to buy into religion to use it as a learning experience and talk to someone you can trust to have your best interests at heart.

You need to give up on this hermit idea and get a fucking clue and realize you CAN solve this issue of yours and stop being a pussy.

I learned some java and c in college but its been ages.
    You are alive! What did you do eventually?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Man, it's kind of impressive to see all these replies and apparently nobody noticed how ridiculously old OP's post is.

I was about to give advice and then I realized (until he posted) that it's so old that he might actually be dead at this point. Or living in the woods.
    Lol its amazing that they are replying to posts from 2014. My life has changed quite a bit since then. I stopped going to church altogether , ran away from home to another state, returned home , told my parents i was an atheist , got a job , and i just got back from bahamas with friends a week ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    You are alive! What did you do eventually?
    I work at a property management company but im working on a public adjuster license to move into the insurance industry.