Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    This has probably been said because it's pretty basic, but people need to be more wiling to change their character based on the enemy team's comp or strategy, and there will be a lot less bitching about who is OP.
    This so fucking much. Also, people who pick a character who was already selected then say well this is the only one I play...even though the other person picked them first...Got into a match and picked hanzo...another dude did the same...eventually i said fuck it and changed to soldier...and ended the match with 40 eliminations. But still annoying AF.

McCree needs to be countered by a native american hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    This has probably been said because it's pretty basic, but people need to be more wiling to change their character based on the enemy team's comp or strategy, and there will be a lot less bitching about who is OP.
    I think most people agree but the best way to counter McCree is often to have someone else pick him too and hope he's a better player, or put half your team on his ass assuming he's working solo and doesn't have backup himself.

Not like Bastion where he has one hero who basically shits on him hard and then a few other ones who make his job harder to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosinciter View Post
    Then you have Pharah/Junkrat or both with Roadhog+Rein or Zarya, Hanzo/Tracer, Mercy/Lucio or both aim for picks then when you have ult's you push in and isolate, simple as shit, both Junk and Pharah can angle shots in to take him out or force him out of the positions he wants to be in. Tracer can definitely work in the scenario as she just goes in pokes gets out until ult is up then just a pick a person to die from there and recall out. And if you chose Hanzo instead you can use his Sonic Arrow to pretty much keep a track on most the teams locations and then line up a devastating ult given that the second defense point is incredibly cramped if they want to turtle up with Bastion
    I did mention support from his team right? A bastion in that position should have a Widowmaker backing him up, in a case like that Pharah won't even get close to him.

Junkrat can definitively work but he's not exactly the character that has the easiest time sneaking behind enemy lines.

Hanzo is probably the best pick there but if you pick him reactively to counter Bastion, you have a lot of catching up to do by having your ult reset.

Bottom line the biggest problem with Bastion is that on maps like that, it takes a coordinated team effort to counter a single character from a position where his own gameplay requires absolutly no skill whatsoever.

This is why i'm saying he's not overpowered though, cramping up like that in a corner like that works great for pub stomping, but a real team will easily have the coordination to get rid of him. Forget about pro play, he's going to be worthless at mid-elo on the ladder. Because there's absolutly no skillful way to play the character at all.

The only real "PoTG" i've ever seen from a Bastion is this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIlzzjEjj6M

But its the character in its absolute prime, there's nothing else you can really do more with him, except maybe get a pentakill during that ult? The rest of his kit is completly binary. I still have no idea how Blizzard thought BEING a turret would be good gameplay.

This is why i hate the character so much.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2016-06-01 at 05:48 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    I think McCree would be a bit more balanced with a couple more seconds on his flashbang. As it is both his fan/roll/fan and his normal reload are both incredibly fast. No need to add a quick unavoidable stun on top of it. Only way I've found to reliable counter him is with a Winston or Zarya bubble, but those only last long enough to avoid the stun, and he'll still manage to kill you 50% of the time.
    I don't see how Winston works against him. He gets burst down just like everyone else. Maybe if you manage to land on him, get a shield up and he unloads entire hammer on it so you'll live. Of course, he'll probably just roll away to reload and do it again, except this time he'll take you down or force you to stay under the bubble and disengage.

Also, it takes Winston like 4 seconds to kill McCree. That's more than enough for 3 hammers, not just two.

Remember kids, the way you rage over a character being OP is the same reason why you're also exhilarating on your fav char doing ace actions. Overwatch is intense. It's made to. There's no single OP character, they are all OP. This is typical Blizzard design, searching for fun ideas, cranking em up to 11, and then balance everyone around. And this is why their game are so successful.

The worst thing that could happen to OW would be nerfs all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I did mention support from his team right? A bastion in that position should have a Widowmaker backing him up, in a case like that Pharah won't even get close to him.

Junkrat can definitively work but he's not exactly the character that has the easiest time sneaking behind enemy lines.

Hanzo is probably the best pick there but if you pick him reactively to counter Bastion, you have a lot of catching up to do by having your ult reset.

Bottom line the biggest problem with Bastion is that on maps like that, it takes a coordinated team effort to counter a single character from a position where his own gameplay requires absolutly no skill whatsoever.

This is why i'm saying he's not overpowered though, cramping up like that in a corner like that works great for pub stomping, but a real team will easily have the coordination to get rid of him. Forget about pro play, he's going to be worthless at mid-elo on the ladder. Because there's absolutly no skillful way to play the character at all.

The only real "PoTG" i've ever seen from a Bastion is this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIlzzjEjj6M

But its the character in its absolute prime, there's nothing else you can really do more with him, except maybe get a pentakill during that ult? The rest of his kit is completly binary. I still have no idea how Blizzard thought BEING a turret would be good gameplay.

This is why i hate the character so much.
    Yeah team support on both sides is kinda what i figured which is why i went ahead with a full team setup, but i do understand how frustrating it'll be in Pub matches where this does have a chance to happen. Hell just the other day ended up encountering pretty much the most insane turtle setup possible (well Symmetra could've been swapped out for someone else but she was still doing work) on the second defense point on Volskyia (spelling?) enemy team had Rein,Bastion,Torb,Symmetra,Widowmaker,Zenyatta (and this was in a pub match the only premade to it was maybe 2 as it was me and a buddy queueing up) still managed to get a victory in even though they were holding for 5 minutes straight, found a gap where Bastion wasnt setup in turret form landed a charge on Rein that put me behind 4 and ulted them all, it was a immediate team wipe and we capped the point shortly after.

We had think Rein (me), Genji, Mei, Mercy, Junkrat, Pharah. Was just a matter of being patient and finding that opening though i was forced as Reinhardt to sneak around their backline (as unlikely as it sounds it did work oddly enough, gonna go with enemy team did not have their volume up high enough to hear the thundering footsteps that accompanies Rein lol) and disturb Bastion/Torb.

Overall I agree with you Bastion is kind of just that annoying as shit character to run into if you end up with teammates on the lower end of player skill then there's almost nothing to be done. To be honest the only time i hate seeing a Bastion is when he's on my team otherwise i've never really had much trouble playing around him after about 270 games in which at the best most of the games played are only in a 2 man premade(not counting the stress test games i played either).

Also that play was the only Bastion play that i've seen that had any skill to it outside of holding M1 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    Why? Decent players will just throw it past the target slightly and still get the stun.
    Because Flash Bangs don't work from behind.

I agree mcree is op. Confirmed nerf coming anyways. my guess is; damage to tank classes reduced
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadlington View Post
    Because Flash Bangs don't work from behind.
    You're a 100% wrong.