Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    As long as its very rare to get raid loot from heroic dungeons, like less likely then getting a 725 from wod mythics, im ok with it.
    It might mean it is fun for geared players to help lowergeared players out in older content because there is a slight chance they get loot too.
    Aside from that i dont see the need for it and the rng will piss of more players then it keeps players interesting

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure titanforge caps at mythic ilvl which is 875. So the higher the base ilvl of an item, the lower the titanforge range. An 800 item has a chance of getting a full titanforged +5-75, while an 850 would go from 5-25. Id guess mythic loot cant be titanforged since it is already 875, but it can be warforged.
    It doesnt. My guildie has an 880 pair of bracers, another has an 875 belt on beta. I've gotten a wf+socket+tertiary ring on my mage, and an 850 or so cloak on my dk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Agreed we had our first argument over loot in 6 years in our guild over warforged loot.. We had two mages both good but one was slightly better the problem was M archie. The slightly worse mage had almost every slot warforged or with a gem and a couple with both. The other mage had barely any warforged. Since the fight relies so heavily on your opening burst to kill the add we had to sit the better of the two mages. Even the other mage wasn't happy but to meet that check we simply didn't have a choice. It was that or farm more missing loot from the upper bosses.

I miss when loot was just loot.
    I'm just curious as to why you'd bench the biggest burst class in game currently, especially for the strat you're using. Not trying to be a dick or anything, I just can't fathom the reasoning

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    RNG on top of RNG combined with massive ilvl inflation. Why does Blizzard make the same mistakes over and over?
    I don't see how any of this is a mistake. It gives raiders like my guild, who full clear 13/13 on tuesdays, incentive to keep doing so other than carry runs. The one mage in my guild is like 747 I lvl and an absolute beast, and this allows him to continue to look forward to the chance of an upgrade. I lvl really doesn't matter, if the fight is hard it will stay hard. Look at Gorefiend, that 10 I lvl boost we all got helped some guilds who were struggling, but there were still plenty of guilds that took weeks to kill him after the nerf.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Sick of Blizzard's fucking fetish of RNG upon RNG upon RNG...

Ugh, this just adds a larger gap between players. A mage with heroic gear and a mage with heroic titanforged gear, both did the same amount of farming. Whose going to have better dps? Whose Ilvl is going to be way better? And why is the 2nd mages ilvl/dps going to be better? Because of insanely high ilvl RNG gear. There's absolutely no point to this addition, titanforged just fucks things up further. Warforged, okay, can deal with that. RNG gem sockets? Okay, can deal with that. Another form of warforged but better and it stacks with warforged? Um, no. Don't need this shit.

TLDR: Blizzard has a fetish for RNG, that's confirmed. Who thought of adding Titanforged to the game? Stupid idea, makes things worse.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-06-01 at 03:45 PM.

no need to kill raid bosses to gear up for later raid bosses.

just queue random heroics 16 hours a day eventually you'll have mythic raid ilvl without setting foot inside a raid.

and you'll be able to faceroll these heroics faster and faster as you get more ridiculous gear, it'll end up like challenge mods where you clear them in 4-5 minutes, so 1 hour = 50 items, 2 hours = 100 items.

so even if +60-75 ilvl's is 1%, you can farm 4 of them a day., you could be ilvl 900 before raids even release, and mythic will go down in under 24 hours to the top guilds because they have full mythic ilvl already.

world of grind 2 bypass any difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    lets inflate the stats/ilvl even more, great idea blizzard /facepalm.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Sick of Blizzard's fucking fetish of RNG upon RNG upon RNG...
    I hear Farmville has steady rewards maybe a game that has lockouts isn't for you. Dem bosses weekly for a chance at purples thats just to much better go get those turnips daily for the farmer bling.

The multiple RNG thing gets me pretty hard, because we've been telling them since LK that it isn't fun.

The boss that was randomly selected in ToC had the tank trinket. I spent 8 hours one day trying to get it, and in between the boss not even being selected half the time and people who 'needed' it for PvP when it finally did appear I made the decision I wasn't going to farm for RNG on RNG shit anymore.

And I haven't. It's not fun, it's not exciting, and I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I hear Farmville has steady rewards maybe a game that has lockouts isn't for you. Dem bosses weekly for a chance at purples thats just to much better go get those turnips daily for the farmer bling.
    I think you missed his point, he isnt talking about just drops, he is talking about drops that have RNG modifiers like warforge... The drops being RNG themselves arent his problem, it's the modifiers.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

just queue random heroics 16 hours a day eventually you'll have mythic raid ilvl without setting foot inside a raid.
    ....yeah that sounds feasible for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I don't see how any of this is a mistake. It gives raiders like my guild, who full clear 13/13 on tuesdays, incentive to keep doing so other than carry runs. The one mage in my guild is like 747 I lvl and an absolute beast, and this allows him to continue to look forward to the chance of an upgrade. I lvl really doesn't matter, if the fight is hard it will stay hard. Look at Gorefiend, that 10 I lvl boost we all got helped some guilds who were struggling, but there were still plenty of guilds that took weeks to kill him after the nerf.
    Yea except not every raider is like your guild. Tbh, I have heard more stories about how it actually takes away the motivation to raid and I understand it completely. I can give myself as an example - I raided SoO in 25 mode up until the very last week (started around March), and I still wasn't fully BIS in terms of WF; but there was a realistic chance of getting an upgrade. Rerunning shit like HFC just to have a tiniest glimpse of hope for a wf/socket killed the initiative to re-raid completely. Basically I'd rather be given 20 lottery tickets with a 5% chance to win 5 different items as opposed to the 0,01% chance to win from a pool of 50 items.

This made me laugh as I recall the yesteryears of Diablo 2 and seeing that rare Lance drop and praying to the RNG gods for enhanced damage over 150% and some form of leach. Yeah its a different style game but crying over a taste of randomness just makes you sound entitled.
    You're talking about a game from a completely different genre, with completely different gameplay, with completely different reward systems.
    You just made it obvious how much you don't understand what you're talking about.

As for the OP: I don't think it will apply to raid gear, but I'm going to slam my face into a sharp object if it does. They wouldn't be dumb enough to allow an upwards of 75 ilvls on raid gear.
    What Titanforged is is simply a renaming of the Warforged system that we're seeing in Mythic Dungeons, but it is also applied to other sources of loot as well to allow a large portion of the game to have a chance at being rewarding. I don't personally like it, but it's better than having raid gear inflate by almost half a tier (I hope).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I think you missed his point, he isnt talking about just drops, he is talking about drops that have RNG modifiers like warforge... The drops being RNG themselves arent his problem, it's the modifiers.
    So? A few modifiers can vary isn't the point of the raid to work as a team for a mutual goal? Any rng blessed item is an improvement to the whole guild/group and who cares if mage has more warforge or what not if the person is skilled and commited they will shine just as bright as the lucky people. Seems like its a shift from focusing on loot and more towards a community with excitement in store for every boss looting.

So? A few modifiers can vary isn't the point of the raid to work as a team for a mutual goal? Any rng blessed item is an improvement to the whole guild/group and who cares if mage has more warforge or what not if the person is skilled and commited they will shine just as bright as the lucky people. Seems like its a shift from focusing on loot and more towards a community with excitement in store for every boss looting.
    lol how is farming long after content is relevant or fun for a chance at higher value loot a 'shift from focusing on loot'?

Like whatever you're on, can I have it?

Oh stfu you condescending sod.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    Do you have any source for this Titanforged ?
    It is true there is Titanforged and the cloak that I had drop for me that came from Normal Black Rook Hold comes as a ilevel 805 item, but it procced Titanforged and I ended up with a ilevel 825 cloak..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    lol how is farming long after content is relevant or fun for a chance at higher value loot a 'shift from focusing on loot'?

Like whatever you're on, can I have it?
    1. Keeps old content someone relevant
    2. Why do you have to farm it? Some form of delusional obligation to be the very best like no one ever was? Gotta catch that warforged!
    3. The system isn't live yet many things can change yet, seems like raiders just like to complain about something different. SJW of games.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Ugh, this just adds a larger gap between players. A mage with heroic gear and a mage with heroic titanforged gear, both did the same amount of farming. Whose going to have better dps? Whose Ilvl is going to be way better? And why is the 2nd mages ilvl/dps going to be better? Because of insanely high ilvl RNG gear. There's absolutely no point to this addition, titanforged just fucks things up further. Warforged, okay, can deal with that. RNG gem sockets? Okay, can deal with that. Another form of warforged but better and it stacks with warforged? Um, no. Don't need this shit.

TLDR: Blizzard has a fetish for RNG, that's confirmed. Who thought of adding Titanforged to the game? Stupid idea, makes things worse.
    The better mage. Skill>gear any day. Everything else is secondary
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    ....yeah that sounds feasible for everyone.
    well it's not hard, you can spam heroics as much as you want, you won't need a group, just queue up and spam away.

and yeh not many will spam them like that, but it's crazy that you can get such high ilvl from dungeons that will become an aoe fest.

2. Why do you have to farm it? Some form of delusional obligation to be the very best like no one ever was? Gotta catch that warforged!
    But you were just telling me about how good it was going to be for my 'community' if I did it.

Which is it, 'a delusional obligation' or 'work[ing] as a team for a mutual goal'?

Are you having trouble deciding what your position is?