Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What confused you about "lose set of rules"?
    That isn't a "loose" rule lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Orwell was wrong and this has nothing to do with his book.
    But I guess you've just heard the name somewhere?
    Seriously, we're far closer to Huxley's dystopia than Orwell's. But nobody gets made to read Brave New World in high school.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Seriously, we're far closer to Huxley's dystopia than Orwell's. But nobody gets made to read Brave New World in high school.
    Lol Only Canadians. At least it was that way when I lived there.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Huxley was in my school, brave new world specifically, Orwell was not.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Orwell was not
    That's just what they WANT you to think!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    That's just what they WANT you to think!
    I don't think they read it, otherwise they wouldn't profiliriat 'duckspeak'.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Literally never happened, not unless you're excluding some pretty serious context. For instance; I've said that bullying should be treated as the assault, battery, and criminal harassment it often amounts to. But that's not "calling someone a fag".
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-illegal/page9

There you go. If Bob calls Jim fag a few times , bam, you support his punishemnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbariangreataxe View Post

There you go. If Bob calls Jim fag a few times , bam, you support his punishemnt.
    When his behaviour is criminal harassment, yes.

Like I said; you're being wildly dishonest and misrepresenting what I said. Deliberately. You couldn't possibly be confused about this, given that the only post of mine on that page directly links to the legal definitions of "harassment".

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    That isn't a "loose" rule lol
    Considering that it's practically the whole of rules they have, that would make it a "loose set of rules", wouldn't you agree?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

When his behaviour is criminal harassment, yes.

Like I said; you're being wildly dishonest and misrepresenting what I said. Deliberately.
    You do this a lot. I'm going to say I must be communicating poorly. I'm not discussing laws, i'm discussing ideas.

Your idea that this is a valid way of doing things is what im disagreeing with.
    Last edited by Barbariangreataxe; 2016-06-01 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that it's practically the whole of rules they have, that would make it a "loose set of rules", wouldn't you agree?
    Um... they have a fairly long list or rules, both general and forum specific.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    You do this a lot. I'm going to say I must be communicated poorly. I'm not discussing laws, i'm discussing ideas.

You claimed my position was X. It was decidedly not-X. You're just lying, to try to paint me in a bad light. This had nothing to do with "discussing ideas", just your deliberate attempt at character assassination.

10+ Year Old Account
    You claimed my position was X. It was decidedly not-X. You're just lying, to try to paint me in a bad light. This had nothing to do with "discussing ideas", just your deliberate attempt at character assassination.
    Never attribute to malice, what can be explained by stupidity.

-Kujako-

You do this a lot. I'm going to say I must be communicated poorly. I'm not discussing laws, i'm discussing ideas.

And this is the point at which you divert from the common ground that this discussion has. Because this discussion is about legality and not ideas. As soon as someone goes "BUT FREE SPEECH!", they are alluding specifically to their free speech liberty granted to you lot in your constitution (or amendments, i never know where you hide what liberty).

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, thanks for proving my point from a few posts ago where I almost literally predicted a post like yours.

Do you honestly think the mods here are so stupid they don't see you going all innuendo here? :P I've just seen two posts that Endus replied to and I was convinced this would end up in a witch hunt if Endus had continued. I was just waiting for someone to say "Oh, so you're all biased, what a forum this is, I hate you all for infracting me 5 years ago! Blablabla" :P

Do you actually feel smart right now? Do you think you tricked the system? If you do, usually that means a) there is no trick and everyone is wondering why the hell you're grinning like an idiot or b) everyone knows what you're up to and they're just waiting to see if you're actually stupid enough to try it...
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Um... they have a fairly long list or rules, both general and forum specific.
    Well, that supports my argument even more then. They are among the most open platform the internet has to offer and are infamous for the cesspool shit they tolerate. And even they have moderation. "Free internet spech" is a myth. Always has been. What hasn't been a myth is that the internet is very, very difficult to moderate by Governments (Btw, thanks @Kalis for correcting me, it makes much more fun to type the correct word! I always wondered about that :P).

Again a distinction you lot aren't making, because you broadsweep with half-knowledge over subjects that you don't really know much about. And if people want to educate you, you ignore it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

What? I have my disagreements with you, but I don't think you are a bad guy.

You have shown support for punishing repeated insults if they are "annoying", as the link you mention states. I think that is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus
    Hello China.
    Hi, Norway! "The mountains are high, and the Emperor is far away." You'd be amazed how much gets lost in the signal noise from well over a billion people. So, what's your point?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account

You have shown support for punishing repeated insults if they are "annoying", as the link you mention states. I think that is insane.
    No, what you've just stated is a lie. That isn't what I said in that thread. I've already explained this, so you really have no excuse at this point.

Hey now, I was made to read that book. My high school english teacher thought it was edgy to make us read "banned books." >.>

I never understood what she meant by that. I assume they were banned by the church? But I never got to the bottom of this whole banning mystery...

On topic, manufactured outrage over a move designed to weaken the social media presence of fucking ISIS. Wooo! Keep fighting the good fight all you freedom lovers!

7+ Year Old Account

Regardless of the veracity of your claims what do they have to do with the subject of this thread? Appears to be a diverting of the thread to attack someone.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger382 View Post
    Well, Christianity is a vicious hate filled group of people that go around and blow children up. While the U.S sponsors terrorism and .....wait ..a ....minute.... did I get that wrong?
    No you got it pretty much correct lol more deaths have been caused by religion than anything I can think of.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.