10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    I could be dead wrong, but, 1 or 2 servers, with already made content, to be depoyed at the pace they so desire shouldn't take that much manpower don't worry.

Integration yes, should be a challenge, but after it's up and running bahh it's just deplyoing the content paches that they already have from years.

Cmon, i challenge someone here to say they wouldn't like to experience the Opening of Gates of Ahn'Qiraj
    My server crashed a few times. It was epic, but very frustrating.
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2016-06-01 at 11:49 AM.

wouldn't like to experience the Opening of Gates of Ahn'Qiraj
    I didn't like it a bit. There were silithids spawned throughout Calimdor, ruining the questing. Screw that.

Integration yes, should be a challenge, but after it's up and running bahh it's just deplyoing the content paches that they already have from years.
    If you built it, they will come. Sure. But you still have to build it first. And as you pointed out in point 2 of your initial post, there is no way in hell Blizzard will build it without it being fully compatable with their ccurrent infrastructure. And that is not going to be a trivial effort. And if you think that non trivial effort wont have an impact on non legacy WoW, you are dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    If you built it, they will come. Sure. But you still have to build it first. And as you pointed out in point 2 of your initial post, there is no way in hell Blizzard will build it without it being fully compatable with their ccurrent infrastructure. And that is not going to be a trivial effort. And if you think that non trivial effort wont have an impact on non legacy WoW, you are dreaming.
    Impact as a consequence, wich can be good or bad. I see it as having everything to be good.

Lets assume that indeed they open a couple server with classic content, or one for that matter so nobody starts ripping their clothes in panic. Lets assume also that to play in those servers you need at least a active standard subscription and ofc a copy of the game. Lets assume furthermore that this move only manages to capture 10% of Nostralus peek accounts, 250k wasnt it? Well 25k new players, with active subscriptions, and the possibility to upgrade their accounts to the lattest version of the game, aswell as playing in both kinds of servers (a scandal i know), would you consider that a good or bad consequence? Would it have a good or bad impact in the game?

I struggle to understand how diversifying your product to satisfy a broader audience would be bad in this case.

Impact as a consequence, wich can be good or bad. I see it as having everything to be good.

Lets assume that indeed they open a couple server with classic content, or one for that matter so nobody starts ripping their clothes in panic. Lets assume also that to play in those servers you need at least a active standard subscription and ofc a copy of the game. Lets assume furthermore that this move only manages to capture 10% of Nostralus peek accounts, 250k wasnt it? Well 25k new players, with active subscriptions, and the possibility to upgrade their accounts to the lattest version of the game, aswell as playing in both kinds of servers (a scandal i know), would you consider that a good or bad consequence? Would it have a good or bad impact in the game?

I struggle to understand how diversifying your product to satisfy a broader audience would be bad in this case.
    the problem arises when people playing active are bored, delve into classic with all of its time consuming aspects and possibly gets hooked. If wow classic becomes competitive with active wow and the player base is split they will have to admit their mistakes and people will bug for active to be more like classic causing another player shift to change current wow and a whole shit storm erupts.

Cmon, i challenge someone here to say they wouldn't like to experience the Opening of Gates of Ahn'Qiraj
    Not just that but to experience it on hardware that could handle it properly. Would be spectacular.

I imagine it would be kind of like Rift with constant invasions in every zone.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Did this thread just devolve into an argument about arguments?
    Of course it did. There are a small handful of posters who will argue any point endlessly - which is probably more about ego, than accomplishing anything.

This maybe old news but when did the Wow website pull all of the vanilla patch notes down? Also there are rumors nost was able to be covertly logged into last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    the problem arises when people playing active are bored, delve into classic with all of its time consuming aspects and possibly gets hooked. If wow classic becomes competitive with active wow and the player base is split they will have to admit their mistakes and people will bug for active to be more like classic causing another player shift to change current wow and a whole shit storm erupts.
    Not seeing a problem with this, that's how competition works. Kind of the core of our society, let the better ideas thrive and survive and the garbage eventually flow into file 13.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    Not seeing a problem with this, that's how competition works. Kind of the core of our society, let the better ideas thrive and survive and the garbage eventually flow into file 13.
    I don't have that illusion tbh, the biggest chunk of the playerbase, like it or not, enjoys log in->LFR/zombie mode dungeon-> logout.

The same way a significant portion of the same playerbase doesn't.

I don't have that illusion tbh, the biggest chunk of the playerbase, like it or not, enjoys log in->LFR/zombie mode dungeon-> logout.

The same way a significant portion of the same playerbase doesn't.
    Last time I checked, WoW lost around 50-55% of its active subs. I guess "the biggest chunk" doesn't really enjoy brain-dead gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Last time I checked, WoW lost around 50-55% of its active subs. I guess "the biggest chunk" doesn't really enjoy brain-dead gameplay.
    I don't have numbers of it, but if you say so i believe it, and i just hope that's the reason for the loss.

7+ Year Old Account

a video those who are wondering how these laws that affected nost worked
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

nostalrius just tweeted: https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/sta...92676436762625 looks like the meeting is soon.

Quote Originally Posted by goibonuden View Post
    nostalrius just tweeted: https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/sta...92676436762625 looks like the meeting is soon.
    Welp good luck to them and we can finally find out what is going to happen hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by goibonuden View Post
    nostalrius just tweeted: https://twitter.com/nostalbegins/sta...92676436762625 looks like the meeting is soon.
    the hype is real!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    the hype is real!
    I'm staying sort of neutral hyped personally in case it's another "We are ambassadors" bullshit. Still hyped though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm staying sort of neutral hyped personally in case it's another "We are ambassadors" bullshit. Still hyped though.
    Yeah I probably should also. I do believe if anything positive comes out of the meeting it won't announced till Blizzcon. Maybe something will be announced though to increase the hype at Blizzcon? Idk. just speculating at this point haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Mark kern emphasized that he thought it was very unlikely blizzard was gonna announce anything until at least blizzcon, so just sayin' it might very well be another "we are listening" type answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Yeah I probably should also. I do believe if anything positive comes out of the meeting it won't announced till Blizzcon. Maybe something will be announced though to increase the hype at Blizzcon? Idk. just speculating at this point haha.
    Personally here is my take on it just like I said. I probably won't play a TBC or Vanilla server. Wrath or Cata for me. These were when it was new to me and I loved it so if they did announce them I would sadly probably be in for a long wait.