Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It is a dead end because it is trying to hide the lack of content. Korean grinder do it all the time but most people don't play Korean grinders for quest content anyways.
    Things is, I rather have end game grinding than questing. love tyrs hand stuff(if you played vanilla) but most recent example is Timeless Island in MoP. There was elite mobs and tons of rare that all had chance to drop epics upgrades for me and my alts. Mobs that doesn't get one shot but requires at least a little effort or can be used for bench-marking how strong your character has becomes. Mobs that feel satisfying and rewarding to kill. I have nothing against that really and I thought Tanan Jungle would bring something like that to WoD but sadly it seems I was mistaken there. :<

Deleted
    People insisted Tera doesn't need flying and it would not be added to that game. Oops.
    Perhaps they decided to start attracting children to their game. Sadly these things are rarely predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Fairly accurate considering they were added to Tera over half a year after that thread was closed.
    Meaning it was a feature WELL under development while Blizzard was trying to take it away? Yep I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Perhaps they decided to start attracting children to their game. Sadly these things are rarely predictable.
    They have a flying mount cash shop too if you followed the link. Guess who is making money while the other tries to remove flying?

Deleted
    They have a flying mount cash shop too if you followed the link. Guess who is making money while the other tries to remove flying?
    Which kinda destroys the "only reason they are doing it is make money by cutting their costs" argument. Think of all those lost sales.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Which kinda destroys the "only reason they are doing it is make money by cutting their costs" argument. Think of all those lost sales.
    They think they can probably make more money by selling ground mounts. Silly Blizz.

Preach agrees that this will be talked about a lot early and often when the news spreads. quests.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    In fact, it's already being voiced, by Preach for example. The ratio of time for travel to time for action is wrong, especially if some of this travel time is spent without any control of your character. The only thing you can do is look up the content of your bags or check some menues. This is a very engaging gameplay...

Preach Preach Preach Preach Preach.
    you do realise he gets payed for making controversial video content. It keeps his viewers entertained.
    This has always been a problem with high profile streamers - their voice gets taken as the one true source of information and opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    ...And we go full circle to idiotic terrain, annoying mobs, and not being able to fly fast and straight *if you want to fly fast and straight*.
    Idiotic terrain as in... hills and mountains and lakes and rivers.....?

Games (outside of open-worlds) are not about doing what you want when you want how you want, i dont get how this is a concept that should suddenly be appearing in WoW

Legion mobs scaling and dazing constantly is going to cause player resentment.

You only get dazed if you get hit in the back. stop getting hit in the back

- - - Updated - - -

With the way professions are designed in Legion...there is going to be an uproar because simply having to go out and fight your way through 110 mobs to rank up a craft for your profession isn't going to sit well with players with gathering professions.
    Its not farmville.it is intended that you have to fight monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Meaning it was a feature WELL under development while Blizzard was trying to take it away? Yep I agree.
    Not surprising that competitors are swooping in to fill the void vacated by Blizz. Honestly, what they are doing with Legion is making their competitor glee in joy as they are dragging the game back by ten years while new MMOs are offering innovation and fun with their travel systems.

I will call it patch finder because it is not pathfinder of WoD. It is clear the next part of patchfinder comes with the next patch or maybe the following?
    Yeah, this is an apt name for it. Not wanting to discuss the issue because of wording seems a bit odd, why not discuss why it was worded that way? Each to their own I suppose.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Anti-fliers can´t ever let go of their psychological projection, heh?
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    (MoanaLisa isn't an anti-flier - or I misunderstood the point.)
    No, I'm not anti-flying. I'm fine with it being a reward but I love flying and always have. Unless Connll, you are now defining anyone who is OK with Pathfinder as anti-flying.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Yeah, this is an apt name for it. Not wanting to discuss the issue because of wording seems a bit odd, why not discuss why it was worded that way? Each to their own I suppose.
    I didn't even come up with it and for the longest time didn't see a point to calling it patch finder. But if they are going to cut it up and make it more grindy than WoD pathfinder than it is patch finder as you wait for the next few patches to fully complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Idiotic terrain as in... hills and mountains and lakes and rivers.....?

Games (outside of open-worlds) are not about doing what you want when you want how you want, i dont get how this is a concept that should suddenly be appearing in WoW
    And here you are continuing to think that WoW was never about players playing how they want. For 8 years players did "what you want when you want how you want" in regards to how they used flight to access content they wanted to do. People were fine with it until Blizz made it an issue, and it seems to me you predominantly play the game in instances, PvP, raids, dungeons and the like, which is fine, it is how you want to play.

There are others though that prefer just pottering around the world, doing archaeology, finding treasures, doing whatever, and flight helps them enjoy the game more. To them WoW IS and open world game, because of the massive fucking open world.

You only get dazed if you get hit in the back. stop getting hit in the back
    Hahaha oh dear. You are right, how shit is everyone compared to you. Fuck you're awesome.

Its not farmville.it is intended that you have to fight monsters
    As someone pointed out earlier, you could easily replace the word farmville with phrase Warlords of Draenor. Besides that, are you saying for 8 years we didn't fight monsters in the open world? Cuz I seem to remember heaps of times when I had to fight mobs, and even the odd player, off a node.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2016-06-01 at 09:51 PM.

They dangled the carrort in WoD hoping players would stay subbed and then pulled the rug. They are dangling a carrot again with simply a paint job for Legion.

The most important thing that most people must accept with an EULA with a game like WoW is they have the authority to change the game experience anytime they want. They can completely renege on the patchfinder idea and say flying is gone for good again.

They are not legally bound by anything, so that is why results is what matters. If they truly believed in WoW having flight again they would have the entire achievement in at launch and the reward being flight.

As someone pointed out earlier, you could easily replace the word farmville with phrase Warlords of Draenor.
    Garrisons for professions was too rewarding, yes. Not a good balance of some sustain vs never have to do anything outside.
    The idea that you have SOME sustain was a good one, it just didnt work out like that

Besides that, are you saying for 8 years we didn't fight monsters in the open world? Cuz I seem to remember heaps of times when I had to fight mobs, and even the odd player, off a node.
    I quoted this post which comes across as fighting for nodes is a bad thing

With the way professions are designed in Legion...there is going to be an uproar because simply having to go out and fight your way through 110 mobs to rank up a craft for your profession isn't going to sit well with players with gathering professions.
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-06-01 at 10:00 PM.

I quoted this. where it appears to be the point that fighting for nodes is a bad thing
    Fighting NPC's on the way to nodes is not the same thing as PVP for the node But since you are not a PVP player it seems I will let you off for now.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, I'm not anti-flying. I'm fine with it being a reward but I love flying and always have. Unless Connll, you are now defining anyone who is OK with Pathfinder as anti-flying.
    The post looks like an anti-flier... smells like an anti-flier... Uses same PRATTs as anti-fliers have been using... complete with psychological projection made exactly like MANY anti-fliers routinely do... So yeah, the post will be treated as such.

In a more direct answer, the identity of who is posting is of minor importance (at best). The posting itself, however, is another story entirely.

They dangled the carrort in WoD hoping players would stay subbed and then pulled the rug. They are dangling a carrot again with simply a paint job for Legion.

The most important thing that most people must accept with an EULA with a game like WoW is they have the authority to change the game experience anytime they want. They can completely renege on the patchfinder idea and say flying is gone for good again.

They are not legally bound by anything, so that is why results is what matters. If they truly believed in WoW having flight again they would have the entire achievement in at launch and the reward being flight.
    You seriously expect a game developer to be bound by a legal ToS that anything they say will go into the game and remain there forever?

- - - Updated - - -

Fighting NPC's on the way to nodes is not the same thing as PVP for the node But since you are not a PVP player it seems I will let you off for now.
    I never mentioned fighting only players.

I am also arena master and hero of the alliance. Guess i dont pvp.
    /shrug
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-06-01 at 10:11 PM.

Garrisons for professions was too rewarding, yes. Not a good balance of some sustain vs never have to do anything outside.
    The idea that you have SOME sustain was a good one, it just didnt work out like that
    Garrisons were farmville. The whole idea and implementation of garrisons was farmville, it was the MoP FARM VILLage on steroids. At least we had to travel through the world to use the farm, not just run around a small pen for everything.

I quoted this post which comes across as fighting for nodes is a bad thing
    With the line of fun to acceptance to tedium being fairly narrow, the scaling of all world mobs in Legion means that we won't be fighting off trivial npcs we have long since obliterated for 4 polystyrene ore and 1 kevlar ore, we will be grinding through mobs at <insert level here>, increasing the likely hood of crossing that tedium line.
    Players will very likely grow tired of fighting through a town of 110 level mobs for a node or 2, because it will become tedious for little reward. Not every player has the advantage of being in a progressive raiding guild that rewards the biggest power gains, in fact 90% of players don't have that luxury or drive, and this aspect is going to annoy the shit out of them after a very short time.

Garrisons were farmville. The whole idea and implementation of garrisons was farmville, it was the MoP FARM VILLage on steroids. At least we had to travel through the world to use the farm, not just run around a small pen for everything.
    Its not a problem to have somehting small like that. As i said, it just rewarded too many herbs/ore/prof mats.

With the line of fun to acceptance to tedium being fairly narrow, the scaling of all world mobs in Legion means that we won't be fighting off trivial npcs we have long since obliterated for 4 polystyrene ore and 1 kevlar ore, we will be grinding through mobs at <insert level here>, increasing the likely hood of crossing that tedium line.
    So increase yield from nodes. Nodes are also multi tap now (iirc), so it is likely that you can work with other players to obtain your gathering mats.
    As you say, its a balance. but the answer is not removing mobs/danger, at least IMO

Its not a problem to have somehting small like that. As i said, it just rewarded too many herbs/ore/prof mats.
    I agree, but it rewarded the effort put in. You had to unlock, till, sow, grow and harvest (with caveats) the specific reward you wanted. Plus you had to travel through the world to do it. The garrison just rewarded you for logging in and showing up.

So increase yield from nodes. Nodes are also multi tap now (iirc), so it is likely that you can work with other players to obtain your gathering mats.
    As you say, its a balance. but the answer is not removing mobs/danger, at least IMO
    Nodes increasing yield would be ok, but it would have to be substantial enough to warrant doing it continually. I can see the possibilty of farming groups happening, but that shafts the player that likes playing alone, for better or worse.

The point I made previously was that the danger/mobs were always a factor before WITH flying, it was never a problem for 8 years, people still had to fight off things occasionally to get what they were aiming for. WoD removed all mobs and danger, Legion threatens to increase it 100 fold. There is no farm or garrison place for prof mats in Legion afaik, so the mighty Blizz pendulum again swings to the extreme other side in an attempt to fix a problem that wasn't a problem in the first place.
    I read something that reminds me of this situation nicely a couple of days ago, that being "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is".