Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Yeah that's why when they migrate to Europe they sexually assault women at a far higher rate than the natives. Their Islamic culture has them treating women like dirt. Take your nonsense somewhere else.
    That's not happening in Canada. It has nothing to do with Islam. Please stop religion bashing. It is against the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Watch out. Shinra1/Tennisace will introduce their greatest debating tool: calling you a bigot/racist!
    I do find myself totally intolerant of misogynistic killers motivated by cultural and religious barbarism, so I might have to cop to the first one. I've never felt race makes any difference for that though, I loathe them regardless of skin tone, so I can't say the second one fits.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Historical reasons. They are much deeper than just "Islam causes people to abuse their wives". Women in Christian medieval Europe also weren't exactly well off, and yet no one seems to claim that Christianity is a religion of abuse against women. Why? Because religion is not the only factor. Plus, religion evolves too. Religion strongly depends on interpretation; interpretation that is, say, dominant in Pakistan strongly differs from interpretation that a Harvard Muslim professor might have.
    This is fair enough. I did immediately jump to the idea that islam is responsible because I do see it used to justify a lot of hatred and violence, but there are interpretations of religions that can become largely de-clawed and more palatable to civilization. Things like honor-killing may in some cases be motivated more by cultural practices than religious teachings. I still don't think religion does any good, but it'll likely never go away completely and reforming it to be harmless is more realistic than eliminating it entirely. It's more realistic to get muslims to accept a harmless version of their religion than to get them all to stop being muslim, same with christians.

10+ Year Old Account
    To hell with the bleeding hearts scenarios. Cases like this are good examples where the World needs to step in and collectively force these sorts of theocratic nations to stop raising their children this way, and end this sort of behavior. Oh sure it'll up the terrorist count for 30-40 years but you know what? That's alright. This is one of those generational battles worth having. If Laci Greene was actually interested in women's rights she'd be talking about this. But she's no feminist any more than African Americans are African in any sense but the name (and which Africans hate being compared to understandably).

The TLDR: This shit has gone on for 5000+ years and needs to stop. If these Countries cannot evolve or enforce a more peaceful religious outlook, that protects their citizens, then they need to be forced to do so for humanity's collective good. Radicals of any faith need to evolve or become extinct. Societies that practice barbaric things whether circumcision or this should be taken to task.

While I am circumcised, and I'm alright with it; it would of been nice to of had the choice. I feel it might of made the choice more meaningful and important to me personally, but it was one that was sadly denied to me.

Also don't construe this as hate speech. I said radical and not Muslims, because I know many true Muslims who practice their faith peacefully and in a means that this barbarism does not take root in. Some of them are the kindest people you will ever meet. Others are the filth of the earth. It's a good mix of humanity to be honest.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2016-06-01 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Putting silly little labels on horrible crimes against women, and sticking them on one culture or community above any other doesn't solve any problems. It divides, spreading hate and fear. And it doesn't help the women who you are trying to help who belong to the culture/community that you just called backwards. There is no honour in honour crimes. They are plain ol' crimes against women.

Finally, honour killings are cultural they have been observed frequently in Italy up until 2 decades ago and not to mention Spain up to the modern era. They are not an Asian thing.
    I went to the Guardian link that you've been using chunks of lines from (but not properly quoting them). Why did you omit the fact that Banaz Mahmod was born in Iraq, and killed in London by her family?

Edit: That article defeated its own argument via the example you didn't mention. Should have picked examples that didn't prove the opposing view.

Finally, honour killings are cultural they have been observed frequently in Italy up until 2 decades ago and not to mention Spain up to the modern era. They are not an Asian thing.
    This is completely false.

Stop trying to justify the 12th century barbarism of Salafist muslims by saying Europeans used to do it too!

Yeah that's why when they migrate to Europe they sexually assault women at a far higher rate than the natives. Their Islamic culture has them treating women like dirt. Take your nonsense somewhere else.
    Asians have been living peacefully in the UK and US for decades and they integrate well. Sexual assault is a big problem for the whole world and it has nothing to do with minorities. 80% plus of reported sexual assaults are carried out by non-strangers so migrants have very little to do with the rape culture that is endemic of so many Western cultures. It's funny that you want to chalk all the horrible crimes that have been happening in your country for decades to migrants but steady you're beginning to sound like a Trump supporter. Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's not happening in Canada. It has nothing to do with Islam. Please stop religion bashing. It is against the rules.
    That's because Canada only took in the top 1% of them, and let Europe have the leftovers.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post

Stop trying to justify the 12th century barbarism of Salafist muslims by saying Europeans used to do it too!
    Exactly. What matters are the horrible actions being committed *now*. Not trying to cherry pick incidents throughout history as though they're still relevant.

Asians have been living peacefully in the UK and US for decades and they integrate well. Sexual assault is a big problem for the whole world and it has nothing to do with minorities. 80% plus of reported sexual assaults are carried out by non-strangers so migrants have very little to do with the rape culture that is endemic of so many Western cultures. It's funny that you want to chalk all the horrible crimes that have been happening in your country for decades to migrants but steady you're beginning to sound like a Trump supporter. Oh wait.
    If they are so peaceful how about you go live in Afghanistan, Pakistan, or Saudi Arabia. See how long you last as a westerner in countries where religion dictates law.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

What a surprise, it's a certain 'group' that did it... and it's all too common amongst them... honor killings and what not. More like small dick syndrome.

All people of such crimes should be life sentenced, or preferably the death sentence as their countries have that option too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post

It's not false. You can google it if you think my source is not good enough (scroll up).

Violence against women in the name of honour is not a new thing and it's definitely not a Muslim or Asian ideology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I went to the Guardian link that you've been using chunks of lines from (but not properly quoting them). Why did you omit the fact that Banaz Mahmod was born in Iraq, and killed in London by her family?

Edit: That article defeated its own argument via the example you didn't mention. Should have picked examples that didn't prove the opposing view.
    The truth doesn't fit their narrative.

it doesn't only happen in Muslim countries. Women die from male violence all the time in the West.

Violence against women is "an extensive human rights abuse" across Europe with one in three women reporting some form of physical or sexual abuse since the age of 15 and 8% suffering abuse in the last 12 months, according to the largest survey of its kind on the issue.

But yeah you can continue to pretend that violence against women is something that only happens in 'Muslim' countries.
    I'm not entirely sure one can really compare the two situations. There is - no doubts - violence against women in the West too, but the survey you have linked has a very broad definition of "violence". It includes not only things like physical assault or psychological abuse but also things like "inappropriate steering or leering that makes you feel intimidated", "somebody sending or showing you sexually explicit pictures, photos or gifts that make you feel offended", "inappropriate invitations to go out on dates" or "intrusive comments about your physical appearance that make you feel offended" - just some examples. Basically, it accounts for mobbing, harassing and gender-based discrimination too. Being set ablaze for refusing a marriage proposal is a whole different universe...

If they are so peaceful how about you go live in Afghanistan, Pakistan, or Saudi Arabia. See how long you last as a westerner.
    Saudi Arabia does't have a rape problem. Are you aware of just how strict and overhanded their sex crime laws are?

Furthermore, are you saying that the three countries you've mentioned are filled with rapists?

It's not false. You can google it if you think my source is not good enough (scroll up).

Violence against women in the name of honour is not a new thing and it's definitely not a Muslim or Asian ideology.
    No, but treating women like shit is definitely a Muslim thing. Women have very little rights in Muslim countries.
    Last edited by volkanik; 2016-06-01 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting silly little labels on horrible crimes against women, and sticking them on one culture or community above any other doesn't solve any problems. It divides, spreading hate and fear. And it doesn't help the women who you are trying to help who belong to the culture/community that you just called backwards. There is no honour in honour crimes. They are plain ol' crimes against women.

Seems like we agree on pretty much everything else you posted, but just to comment on the bolded bit - if I'm ever in a position where I think pussy-footing around will actually help a bad situation, then I'll tread carefully, but I'm on a board that I usually visit to post video game fan-art, so I'm going to say what I think. If there's any women reading this who are actually in danger of being honor-killed, for the love of all that's good get out of your bullshit backwards hobo-culture/community/country and take everyone you can with you. If you can't leave, I'm sorry for that - please stay safe. If any honor-killers are reading this, kill yourselves - that's about the only honorable kill you could ever make.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not "Islamic culture", this is "Syrian culture", etc. Have you ever been to Qatar? Look at how women are treated there: same religion, also Islamic culture - but completely different attitude.
    These simplified generalizations you guys make here are not very intelligent. World is a bit more complex than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I still don't think religion does any good, but it'll likely never go away completely and reforming it to be harmless is more realistic than eliminating it entirely. It's more realistic to get muslims to accept a harmless version of their religion than to get them all to stop being muslim, same with christians.
    I am not a fan of religion either. It is just that religion, as anything else, is a complex entity, it can be both a negative and a positive thing, often at the same time. I agree that aiming at getting them to accept a harmless version of Islam is probably a better idea than to try to make them Atheists or change their religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Saudi Arabia does't have a rape problem. Are you aware of just how strict and overhanded their sex crime laws are?

Furthermore, are you saying that the three countries you've mentioned are filled with rapists?
    https://unitedhumanists.com/2016/04/...-saudi-arabia/

Come on. Are you even trying now?

I guess you weren't here for the thread about a woman that got raped in Saudi Arabia, and she was punished via lashing when she was the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    What a surprise, it's a certain 'group' that did it... and it's all too common amongst them... honor killings and what not. More like small dick syndrome.

All people of such crimes should be life sentenced, or preferably the death sentence as their countries have that option too.
    You're right there is a certain group that has it out for women and "it's all too common amongst them": men.