Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    He didn't, Legendary did. They have the final say on the theatrical cut. Jones' cut was 30-40 minutes longer.
    Oh really? Where is that proof that he didn't do it or didn't have a huge part in it? I see a fair amount of people hoping and wishing that so they can lay teh blame for an average movie on someone else but some articles interviewing jones tell a different story.

"Alas! When Jones whittled down his 2 hour and 40 minute cut to the final runtime of just over two hours, “we weren’t able to keep it in the cut. But somehow, maybe, I’ll just sneak it into the Twitterverse… he did a Warcraft-medievally version of his single, and it’s just brilliant. Unfortunately I was the only one who thought it was hilarious.”"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...and-happy.html
    Last edited by quras; 2016-06-01 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they want it to fail. They want it to fail so they can be "right"; they predicted it would suck, and if the Internet has taught us anything, it's that everyone has to always be right, all the time, no matter what.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I've seen enough from the clips released to see it's badly acted fantasy drivel.
    Hey, speak for yourself. I liked The Beastmaster and The Sword and the Sorcerer.

Deleted
    Its utter crap but I enjoyed it cos wow. If it was anything else I'd have walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Oh really? Where is that proof that he didn't do it or didn't have a huge part in it? I see a fair amount of people hoping and wishing that so they can lay teh blame for an average movie on someone else but some articles interviewing jones tell a different story.

"Alas! When Jones whittled down his 2 hour and 40 minute cut to the final runtime of just over two hours, “we weren’t able to keep it in the cut. But somehow, maybe, I’ll just sneak it into the Twitterverse… he did a Warcraft-medievally version of his single, and it’s just brilliant. Unfortunately I was the only one who thought it was hilarious.”"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...and-happy.html
    While he of course was involved with the cutting process, the studio has the final say on the duration of the movie. There are all sorts of metrics for "optimal" movie lengths for the perceived intended audience and other such bullcrap. It sucks but it's just how the world works sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And are you implying that critics WANT the movie to fail?
    That's a level of amateurism even radical for this website.
    Video games and gamers still have an ill reputation out in the world. While I'm certain it's not directly intended, their negative view of us as a demographic seeps through.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    While he of course was involved with the cutting process, the studio has the final say on the duration of the movie. There are all sorts of metrics for "optimal" movie lengths for the perceived intended audience and other such bullcrap. It sucks but it's just how the world works sadly.
    I think there is truth to that but anyone that says jones didn't have a part in the editing and cutting of this film as if some of the blame doesn't reside directly on his shoulders. Well, I'd have to call them all those words that mean blind to the reality of the situation as they hope and wish it was a different outcome for the movie.

However back to our who cut what. We know jones cut the movie down. That is not the sole blame of legendary. Jones must also take the heat for that screw up given it's one of hte main problems nearly everyone talks about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    There has been some really warped things written on the forums before but you sir take the cake.

Pay your money even if you don't like it. Thats laughable.
    How would you KNOW you didn't like it if you haven't even paid to see it yet? Knowing you don't like something before you try it is laughable, not requesting that Warcraft fans see the movie no matter what it was rated by critics. Critics aren't fans of the universe, people who don't know and like Warcraft usually hate it because the name in general has a stigma to it, all these things could lead to bad ratings. I love X-Men Apocalypse, and it got a pretty bad rating, but hey I'm a huge X-Man fan, and I don't care how many X-men movies have already come out in the past. Critics are fucking dumb, make up your own mind about the things you play, read, and watch.

And yes, PAY to see the movie. Support it because you're a Blizzard/Warcraft fan. I'm sure that's all he meant. More enjoyable to do that than to be one in a million snide pessimistic hipster faggots on these forums and complain to mama about everything not being just the way you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    stop being a troll and support the movie by watching it, even if u dont like it
    doesn't sound retarded at all. Is the warcraft movie some sort of charity ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Durgtok View Post
    And yes, PAY to see the movie. Support it because you're a Blizzard/Warcraft fan.
    And I thought blind support for religions was dumb.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-06-01 at 09:09 PM.

The movie isn't really based on a video game. It's based on stories just like every movie is. There are video games based on these stories as well.
    When I think of a movie based on a video game, I think of Mario Bros. There is no story in the game that could translate into a movie, so the movie sucked.
    I will see Warcraft because I like their stories.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    What surprised me is this:

A MINORITY finds the movie disgusting... (rating on imdb is over 20k and an "8" as average which is extremely good)

Whether they are "professional critics" or the people viewing ... ANYONE RATING THIS MOVIE UNDER 30% is simply a troll. READ those few very negative "professional" reviews and you simply see their comments are a laugh really, like a bad troll on a forum. "WoW lost 60% of their subscribers over the years"... What has this to do with a movie ????

Their arguments are pure trolling.

So ... a handful of idiots rate it 1/10 ... it simply shows these are WoW/Blizzard hate boys everywhere, but quite a minority.

Nothing more nothing less.

Movie: 37% by 20 people 80% by >20.000 viewers.

The movies just got invaded by some smart Trolls who commented AS SOON AS POSSIBLE just to get some viewers on their lousy websites.

- - - Updated - - -

You will not be dissapointed.
    That's good to know!

many people falling into the false trend. i watched the movie with people who never played wow and we all loved it.