Poll: Rate the Warcraft movie

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i can't help but laugh at the 10/10s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The average is that 70%+ of the people give it between 7-10 scores.

That means it is a good picture overall for those interested.

As was to be expected. Anyone giving it a 1-3 rating is really talking out of his ass, and this certainly applies to the few "professional critics" too.

I find it very unprofessional when you would give 1/10 on a professionally made product as a professional critic. It shows an agenda and really puts your review into a garbage can, even more than any product you hate. I woudn't even be surprised if such a "prof" critic is the usual hate WoW suspect, as he even mentioned the subscription losses of the MMO in ... a movie review. WTF.
    So, people giving it 10 is fine and dandy, but 1-3s are talking out of their asses? What sense does that make.

10/10 is a perfect movie, and there are only a couple out there... but hey, that's fine since it suits your narrative 'eh?

Deleted
    *spoilers*

5/10.

I enjoyed myself but I saw nothing to truly mark this film out from other generic fantasy films. I thought there was far too little time devoted to the characters, and the film seemed to be all about them. As a result, they all felt a little thin. The story itself isn't good enough to stand up away from the characters, so they had to make us love the characters. I didn't really "feel" any of them. I think the director tried to do too much, tell a big story, with a lot of characters and big themes, and we end up with little that truly hits home.

When the big characters start getting killed off, we should care. I should care about the King, the son of Lothar, and about Durotan. But I didn't. I was watching fairly impassively. That's the big miss, and the symptom that they didn't get the balance right early on in the film when we are supposed to be emotionally invested in the characters.

The only emotion I felt was the last scene with Thrall. And that had nothing to do with the film, but rather something I brought in with me.Others might disagree but I felt nothing in the parts where the film was supposed to have achieved a connection in my brain. It wasn't there.

I don't want to be too critical as Duncan Jones had a massive challenge here, and did some things brilliantly well. The CGI is fab, the magic effects particularly. The scale of the cinematogrophy is right too, it feels big, unlike current WOW which feels small. I really hope they learn from this and do another film but make it a bit more personal. Make us really care. Luckily they have lots to choose from going forward.

I just worry that because this film isn't great, it won't do well and we wont get more. Or the money needed to make it will be too big a risk after this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    So, people giving it 10 is fine and dandy, but 1-3s are talking out of their asses? What sense does that make.
    WowIsDead64 - 1/10.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    No mater, how many threads you'll create and no matter, how amazing you'll call it - I won't start to care about this movie even a little bit. Will watch it on TV during usual new year program on 1st channel
    I'm sure he's legit.

While I'm sure there's BS in the 10 rating too, the 1s and 2s are much more obvious.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-06-01 at 08:06 PM.

6.5/10

Just saw it. This is my opinion, remember that. Others may not agree.

Felt like a lot had been cut. The development of many characters felt way too quick. Like Lothar and Garona suddenly being smitten after a few scenes together.
    The actor playing Lothar was just not good.
    Many dialogues in the movie in general felt stilted.

Khadgar was really great though. The actor did great and was the highlight of the movie imo. Also, he is hot. Love his moustache! <3

The CGI was great with a few exceptions. All orcs except Gul'dan looked real imo. Like really real. Gul'dan felt a bit too 'animated'.

The story felt 'rushed' and the movie should've been made in 2 parts instead. The last half hour of the movie was better than the first part.

Giving it 6.5 + 1 phantom point for fanboyism.
    Last edited by Voidism; 2016-06-01 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    Khadgar was really great though. The actor did great and was the highlight of the movie imo. Also, he is hot. Love his moustache! <3
    The character was awful. He was whimsy and too skilled to be an outcast of Kirin Tor. I don't know why they couldn't have went for the real story and just said that Khadgar had been an apprentice of Medivh. Add some confidence to that. Would've made much better sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Fans will think it's great movie, non-fan won't get it, and people dragged to the movie; like parents or spouses will feint interest. Critics will shit on it

Why critics will shit on it? The CGI is terrible. Everyone complains about how cliche the writing is with WoW, and the movie is basically a cliche, it has no profound depth, like it ACTS like it does. And all the fans know how the story plays out.

So why WOULDN'T critics shit on the film?

I might go see it, or have someone I know and trust go see it and then report back. But as of right now, I suspect the movie will be hackneyed, the CGI does look horrible. Same reason I haven't seen Avatar, I just don't like those over the top CGI shit.
    So wait you havent seen it? wow you must have a fun life lol

Quote Originally Posted by adrii021 View Post
    So wait you havent seen it? wow you must have a fun life lol
    People saying the CGI is shit are mostly the ones who have only watched the trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    You? You LOVE to interject your opinion all over me whenever you get the chance. Calm down, kid.
    It's because they can stand you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzvwald View Post
    It's because they can stand you.
    Seems like they cannot. I understand it though, I am very intimidating.

Deleted
    4/10. Basically how bad the Hobbit trilogy is...
    When this movie is as the hobbit trilogy then i am going to LOVE it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    When this movie is as the hobbit trilogy then i am going to LOVE it.
    Make sure you are completely smashed or high then.

Seems like they cannot. I understand it though, I am very intimidating.
    Intimidating? No. Incredibly irritating to discuss anything with due to your self-assigned God complex? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Intimidating? No. Incredibly irritating to discuss anything with due to your self-assigned God complex? Yes.
    There you go again, shoving words down my throat. It was amusing at first but now I am bored of you. Come up with some new material, or at least try.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I'm waiting for the bluray to come out to watch the uncut edition. Too much other shit to see in the theatre and unfortunately Star Trek/Turtles ranks above this for me.
    if they dont make enough money they wont produce an uncut edition

Deleted
    If you think the Hobbit trilogy is "great," then you are one of those people who will like anything because nostalgia.
    And I bet you are one of those who think Lotr trilogy is good?

While its one of the most atrociously bad, horrifyingly terrible butchering of books in movie history.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Fans will think it's great movie, non-fan won't get it, and people dragged to the movie; like parents or spouses will feint interest. Critics will shit on it

Why critics will shit on it? The CGI is terrible. Everyone complains about how cliche the writing is with WoW, and the movie is basically a cliche, it has no profound depth, like it ACTS like it does. And all the fans know how the story plays out.

So why WOULDN'T critics shit on the film?

I might go see it, or have someone I know and trust go see it and then report back. But as of right now, I suspect the movie will be hackneyed, the CGI does look horrible. Same reason I haven't seen Avatar, I just don't like those over the top CGI shit.
    So you complain about the CGI being terrible when you haven't even seen it. Fucking kek

There you go again, shoving words down my throat. It was amusing at first but now I am bored of you. Come up with some new material, or at least try.
    You have repeatedly brandished your opinion in this thread as some kind of unholy rite which cannot be questioned by anybody. I'm not "shoving" anything down your throat, I'm making an observation of your incredibly contrived viewpoint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Reminder to you guys, that 10/10 votes are most likely made by fanbois therefore it is invalid.

Haven't seen it, not yet out.
    and 1, 2 ,3 voters are most likely haters..

Seriously though, you can make any bogus claim you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    First post since ... I don't know ... 2 years?

Saw the movie yesterday. Was kind of nice to see the animations, but the story was super meh. I expected way better acting, also Garona seemed to be too human in comparison to the other Orcs. Also, the story of Medivh does not seem to be as in the books or in the game, as he dies before Garona has an affair with him. This goes a little bit against my lore mind. I struggled with it.

Khadgar was way too young. The night elves were badly animated/rendered, disliked them. The final transformation of Medivh was a little bit unnecessary imo. It would have been better to just display him as insane and possessed, rather than letting him transform.

The weapons and armor of the humans looked way too plastic and light. The gems and jewels looked cheap.

Logical flaws:
    - You have never seen any of the wolves step inside the great portal. How did the orcs get them into Azeroth?
    - Garona learned to speak the human language perfectly in one or two days. Really?
    - Why is Garona "greenish" (fel influenced) and still doesn't suffer from any of the spells that Medivh is casting to kill the fel influenced orcs?
    - There are not many orcs coming through the dark portal in the scene where Draka is giving birth to Thrall, but in the final fight at the dark portal, there are hundreds. Where did they come from, as the dark portal has not been finished by this time?

Overall, I give this movie a rating of 6, but just because of personal fanboyism.
    -
    She was stuttering and not speaking as clearly when she was with the humans.

8/10 on imdb with ~20k people voting, which is similar to the results here. I think it's safe to say statistically that it's a success in the court of popular opinion, but who knows maybe it won't be as popular for the USA audience. Guess we'll have to wait another week to find out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/

Deleted
    Voted 8, because i rather liked it.

There were things that bothered me - i always saw humans as not humans like we are, but more buff humans, and i would have preferred the whole movie to be cgi... as well as some lore that was changed, but that's alright. In fact, I loved what they made of Garona.

And the full-orc-women looked so cool!

HEAVY SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

I always hated Garona in lore, but movie-garona i like. Also I think they hinted at her being Medivh's daughter (since in the movie her mother was an orc (otherwise she couldn't have had her tusk) and medivh mentioned travelling to a far off place (draenor) where he met proud and strong ppl (orcs) and one woman accepting and loving him (garona's mother)), which i thought was pretty cool. it eliminates the whole dranaei-mass-rape which always made me really uncomfortable. the movie also painted the orcs in a fairer light... they are not good but they aren't just monsters either... and when the king wanted garona to kill him because that way she could achieve a position high enough to advocate for peace between their people... that was really smart and i liked it too.

I also believe if we see a second movie, guldan will push the orcs too far and they will have his head sooner or later. he may control them now through fear, but there will be the point when they go "fuck it" on him, like they almost did when he cheated at the mokra.

Here's my views, should anyone care, spoilers obviously;

I thought the film as a whole was a mess. The tone was all over the place, characters were outright weird at times. The weird buddy cop relationship between Lothar and Khadgar was just bizarre and came out of no where. Lothar is mister witty one moment and then literally saying 'I have nothing left to live for' seconds later. His interaction with Gorana was awful and has the worst line I've seen in recent years. Llane is the worst thing in the movie, he is played by an awful actor, and is just all wrong. I didn't care at all when he died, especially in such a weird nonsensical manner.

I though the effect were all over the place, the Orc only scenes looked great, but any scene with humans in it looked horribly fake. Everything is clearly shot in a studio, everything is way too clean and cheap looking, the throne room set was a joke. The film should have been fully CG, the weird mix of art styles along with real actor was just jarring the majority of the time.

My major frustration though is that the Warcraft elements they did use were really great, seeing polymorph: sheep was awesome, seeing fireballs and ice spells being cast was really cool, and make me pine for what could have been if they had gone all out. It really bugged me that Mediev cast lightning spells, and why was there no Mage battle between him and Khadgar. Why did they need to change thing like Karazan, and make the Kirin Tor have a weird floaty floor room.

So yeah, I thought it was terrible.