Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the Internet. Put your big boy panties on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think if you report them they will get banned. maybe not perma butt still, better than nothing.

Deleted
    In game, open the group tab (P), and click mute on both team chat and game chat. Those mutes will stay on until you close the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    It clearly didn't affect you that bad. He had already told you to kill yourself before you responded with "HAHA SALTY EX DEEEEEEEEEE," but somehow something he said after that was bad enough to make you shake uncontrollably and stop playing? Next time you make a thread like this to bait sympathy, don't include you in the screenshot actively participating in the toxicity.
    That's the dumbest thing I read all day. "Participating in the toxicity", LOL. Because you're being such an example of restraint and good character right now, huh. You're such an edgster!

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    I don't get all this 'welcome to the internet' patter. From what I understand Blizzard is taking a zero tolerance policy for flaming and toxic behaviour, which they have every right to do since it's their game, and which I hope they do because it'll be interesting to see if they can breed some respect and co-operation into their players. Report him and sooner or later he'll be forking out another whack of cash for the game because he'll be banned.

and if anyone doesn't like Blizzard making Overwatch a 'safe space' then take some of your own libertarian medicine and go play literally any other game, where the developers have given into fear of subscriber loss and let cancerous little mutants like the guy flaming the OP take over their communities.
    My issue is how clearly overblown this whole debacle is... welcome to the internet is a silly thing to say, but grow a thicker skin, is not.

The solution is to just not kill yourself, continue playing the game, and have fun shooting people in the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Report the guy and move on. Telling him "Lol you so salty." That just fed into it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing this is the first FPS you've ever played, because it isn't that uncommon for people to behave in such a disgusting manner in FPS. However since it is a Blizzard game, reporting them is a lot more likely to result in some sort of suspension or ban than it would in other FPS. Stuff like that and hate speech is punished pretty quickly in Blizzard games, I expect a silence system like the one in HotS to be implemented in OW if one isn't present already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Lol what the hell even. What is going on with people. I guess I'm sheltered because I only ever play MMORPG's and single player games. And even in MMORPG's, I tend to stick to RP servers nowadays, because the crowd there is more friendly.

I'm considering getting Overwatch, but lol wow. Where do these people even come from? How do they hide in normal everyday life? And if they're 13 year olds ... wtf is wrong with 13 year olds nowadays?

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming

My friends would tell me to go kill myself all the time when I played Mario Party.

right out of CS/CoD.

Dont let them ruin the game for you. Grow stronger from their saltiness, let it feed you. Take it as a sign of a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    So they were salty because you used the hero efficiently? LOLOL....the community of Blizzard games will NEVER cease to amaze me when someone is just plain better than them.
    Most game communities are this way. It's not just Blizzard games. I've been called a faggot and booted from CS:GO servers for not knowing every corner of a certain map. Most competitive online games have shit communities. In fact, I've gotten fewer insults playing OW than literally any other online shooter.
    Beta Club Brosquad

i had an enemy team go nuts at me for wrecking them as symmetra at every avenue of attack they attempted even with hero switches.. saying they were "reporting me", asking me to die, making inaccurate racial attacks on symmetra and calling me a insertracismremarkerhere-lover. declaring i was cheating because i was obviously using more than 6 turrets (i was just actively recasting).

people in FPS, especially ones as tense and stressful as Overwatch must seemingly get for some people, brings out the worst in them when their frustrations yield no fruit.

after so many years i just take it as a mark of skill. my enemies lay broken at my feet and their futile attempts to bite at my heels encrouage me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just troll those people. When they've said enough obscenities and I just "Thanks for that. Enjoy your perma when you get it." and then I report them.
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

I had this exact same response when i played Mei this morning... Go get cancer and Die make it fast ASAP pls. just coz i kept killing this torbjorns turrets. I really hope the report function works well and properly, but then again they probably reported me for just playin the game coz i pissed them off

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happens on every character, or pretty much every online game. And it's always the same "grow a thicker skin" answer, too. So I did - of course, my definition of "thicker skin" is putting said person on ignore, reporting them and moving on. Good for Overwatch to have "avoid this player" option, too. I don't really get "salty" over that, but I certainly didn't pay money to listen to insults - I could get that for free if I wanted to. Maybe they'll get banned eventually and have to "grow a thicker wallet" to get back, who knows.

Still, this does remind me of numerous "I got banned for saying one swear word" threads. Those who first scream about having "thicker skin" and "lol, it's the internet" and yet run to forums to cry about their accounts. And it often turns out they were raging assholes dozens of times, but that punishment was totally unjust, (Blizzard/Riot/whoever) is restricting their "freedom of speech" and other bullshit.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-06-02 at 01:51 AM.

Do you need a safe space OP?

Meaner words have been thrown since the beginning of the internet. Just ignore them or report and move on.

Or are you already deeply and psychologically affected by those mean words and need forum counseling?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Do you need a safe space OP?

Meaner words have been thrown since the beginning of the internet. Just ignore them or report and move on.

Or are you already deeply and psychologically affected by those mean words and need forum counseling?
    I'm guessing you're never annoyed by anything in your life. Someone comes punching you in the face repeatedly and you'll keep on smiling, right? See there's a difference between being "affected by those mean words", and swatting an annoying insect.

Just like we have fly swatters and insect repellent and insect traps and all that nice stuff, so should we have the same for the insects online.

Hey if you make people that mad playing Mcree then you should keep doing it, make a blog of all the qq'ing players

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm guessing you're never annoyed by anything in your life. Someone comes punching you in the face repeatedly and you'll keep on smiling, right? See there's a difference between being "affected by those mean words", and swatting an annoying insect.
    I don't get annoyed by internet tough talk and empty threats. If you can't handle internet tough guys, you are going to be ill-prepared for the real world.
    If someone comes punching me IRL, that's a different matter entirely. I would defend myself and call the cops.
    But cowards hiding behind anonymous IDs and throwing mean words don't affect me at all.

That's what growing a thicker skin means.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Just like we have fly swatters and insect repellent and insect traps and all that nice stuff, so should we have the same for the insects online.
    We already have that, it's called the report button which many of us have already said.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals