Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    What if you level a character after legion comes out so you wont have the pre event to gear you and also the only thing before the artifact quest is the broken shore which only gets you a ring and a weapon, which then gets replaced by your artifact. After that you go straight to one of the zones.
    ahahahahaha one of my not-so-fondest memories is Cataclysm's starting zones on alts in gear from LK questing, and dying a lot until around 82 when you finally have a good mix of quest greens with an 100+ ilvl jump.

GG blizz, GG

As far as I know, the only gear from the pre-event is a ilvl 700 neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    And 700 weapons I believe too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    The Broken Shore boss, Khaos drops ilevel 700 weapons.
    The Invasion hubs let you earn currency that you can spend on ilevel 700 jewelery, as well as limited edition, cosmetic, fel-infected versions of the WoD Crafted gear.
    This is a guess, but that ilevel 685 gear that casts arcane blast on demons is probably a reward from whatever that Karazhan event is.

This gear isn't better than HFC gear but it will be the easiest way to gear a character to play HFC. Though the ironic thing is that the stuff to get this gear is more fun than HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Each new built up till now has fixed whatever bug kept me from advancing in Suramar. Ofc whatever new quest starts is usually bugged as well until the next built in some way
    I'm stuck in Suramar, too.

Apparently you can bug the chains out if you miss an NPC and continue on with everything. Now I'm missing Arcanist Valtrois, and I need her to get the better/easier mana farming buff she has. She's nowhere to be found and nobody is asking me to go get her.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    What if you level a character after legion comes out so you wont have the pre event to gear you and also the only thing before the artifact quest is the broken shore which only gets you a ring and a weapon, which then gets replaced by your artifact. After that you go straight to one of the zones.
    The Broken Shore is not temporary. It's the opening questchain for the broken Isles. The Dreadlord event is the thing that's going away on Aug 30th. As for the Old World invasions, or whatever the Karazhan thing is, we don't know yet: They could stay or go on Aug 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Expect that they have retextured and refurnished the whole city, while adding that huge Tower of the Guardian in the middle and have done other tweaks all around.

Yeah, clearly no work has gone into it.

And Broken Isles look amazing. I don't get how someone could say there's no artistic effort put into this expansion or that "many other areas have barely adjusted textures."
    They haven't retextured the majority of the city. Stop. They did do changes, I never said they didn't, but they didn't retexture anything except the banners and the tower. I also didn't say I thought the art was bad, I said they lacked artist, which they do. They themselves have said it.

I am not too sure why you took what I said as negative either. I was just being honest. For once I wasn't trying to be an asshole.

Dalaran itself is mostly the same as it was in Wotlk, with the exception of the new tower in the middle. The biggest change are the Worgen guards around the Alliance area instead of Stormwind Knights.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The Broken Shore is not temporary. It's the opening questchain for the broken Isles. The Dreadlord event is the thing that's going away on Aug 30th. As for the Old World invasions, or whatever the Karazhan thing is, we don't know yet: They could stay or go on Aug 30th.
    Broken Shore gives a single trinket and a weapon. (that is then immediately replaced by your artifact) It does next to nothing to help a character in 610 ilvl.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I know they mentioned the Broken Shore being part of Pre-patch before, but has that changed? They said the same shit about the Tanaan Opening in WoD, which is why im curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I know they mentioned the Broken Shore being part of Pre-patch before, but has that changed? They said the same shit about the Tanaan Opening in WoD, which is why im curious.
    No, it's still planned to launch during the pre-event/prelaunch stuff. But a better question is coming into mind, is the azerothian invasion going to expand itself past launch, or not? And is the invasion going to expand into more zones than just...well...4?

10+ Year Old Account
    They haven't said anything that it won't be in the Pre Patch. Seems like, it will still be there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbenchpress View Post
    Dalaran itself is mostly the same as it was in Wotlk, with the exception of the new tower in the middle. The biggest change are the Worgen guards around the Alliance area instead of Stormwind Knights.
    There were never any Stormwind Knights in Dalaran. It was Silver Enclave.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what happen when DH can't kill the tentacule in Ulduar.

http://i.imgur.com/LOBJSGa.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by paula deen View Post
    they haven't retextured the majority of the city. Stop. They did do changes, i never said they didn't, but they didn't retexture anything except the banners and the tower. I also didn't say i thought the art was bad, i said they lacked artist, which they do. They themselves have said it.

I am not too sure why you took what i said as negative either. I was just being honest. For once i wasn't trying to be an asshole.
    OKAY THEN.

Live:

Legion:

Live:

Legion:

Live:

Legion:

Live:

Legion:

Live:

Legion:

Just a few examples. Every texture, every mundane detail in Dalaran has been upgraded for Legion. I noticed the different from damn YouTube videos when the Alpha started.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    OKAY THEN.

Just a few examples. Every texture, every mundane detail in Dalaran has been upgraded for Legion. I noticed the different from damn YouTube videos when the Alpha started.
    No they really didn't. The little tiny things no one will notice (that an intern could texture) were redone. The actual textures that make up the buildings? The floor? All the same. Just because you changed time of day and turned on Sunshafts (assuming those are yours) doesn't mean they got new textures. I stand by what I said. They barely redid anything and just flat out copied the old Dalaran, added a few buildings, with new textures, and called it a day.

Edit: Make no mistake either, I don't have an issue with this. If reusing assets is what it takes to get more content, all for it. I will still point out that is what they are doing though, because it is. If they retexture the saddle on the old Gryphon Models is the Gryphon new? No it isn't. Its the same fucking Gryphon with a higher poly saddle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two months away for the expansion...
    Geez the wait...

And nice pictures there showing off Dalaran. :L
    Might have my characters AFK in Legion Dalaran so that I can have easy access to the other places.

Just because you changed time of day and turned on Sunshafts (assuming those are yours) doesn't mean they got new textures.
    Well I'm sorry that time on US based beta servers and EU based live servers isn't the same.

Made amage and went to Northrend Dalaran on Beta serevrs to take some pictures.

Northrend Dalaran, Legion Beta:

And as a bonus, here's a damn wall for you:

Northrend:

Broken Isles:

They. Have. Upressed. Dalaran.

No they really didn't. The little tiny things no one will notice (that an intern could texture) were redone. The actual textures that make up the buildings? The floor? All the same. Just because you changed time of day and turned on Sunshafts (assuming those are yours) doesn't mean they got new textures. I stand by what I said. They barely redid anything and just flat out copied the old Dalaran, added a few buildings, with new textures, and called it a day.

Edit: Make no mistake either, I don't have an issue with this. If reusing assets is what it takes to get more content, all for it. I will still point out that is what they are doing though, because it is. If they retexture the saddle on the old Gryphon Models is the Gryphon new? No it isn't. Its the same fucking Gryphon with a higher poly saddle.
    The ground textures are different. You can tell that the Legion version has more tiles.

E: And since the engine doesn't support bump mapping(Blizz pls), that's about all you can do to improve the ground texture.