Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Most of the time I only PvP for the fun of PvP. I don't chase titles or mounts or anything other than just time killing and winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not very good, I'll probably never get rating very high, but I enjoy it nonetheless, and I try to improve myself every time.

My goals are usually to annoy the other team as much as I can, slow them down, or keep them busy until the really hard hitting team mates arrive, which I seem to be doing just fine.

I consider myself okay at strategies and objective plays, so my contribution usually isn't high dps or healing, but DPS and healing when it matters.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    A lot of people care about titles, mounts, achievements, ranking ect but I've never cared. I feel like there's something mentally wrong with me when most other people have goals in this game and I never have. I have played this game solely just to kill things, whether its pve monsters or real people.
    Throughout my time on WoW my favorite pastime was doing random BGs. Gearing up and just going at them with friends or solo was just an exciting way to practice and enjoy entertaining moments, but they have been making it harder and harder for me to enjoy this.

I quit early on in WoD thanks to the colossal fuck up from Holinka balancing radials everyone migrated Alliance (I played characters on both factions) resulting in monster queue times for alliance going above 25 mins + and graveyard BGs full of bots for Horde. As it became apparent Ashran was a flop he further sealed the deal by making Ashran compulsory to cap conquest to manipulate the numbers to make ashran look more popular resulting in more players leaving BGs for Ashran. Sheer incompetence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I always play PvP just to do PvP with them and sometimes we play some rated arenas or rbgs for the raiting so a little bit of both.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I'll never understand people who need a reward to do something. I have earned a few duelist and gladiator titles, but that was never the reason for participating. I participate because I enjoy the gameplay and the challenge.
    This. Its fun, if its not I move on. That includes ingame activities...if im not having fun move on to another game and unsub.

One thing i can say is gearing up for PVP on fresh 100...is not fun. At all.

Deleted
    I have all battlegrounds achievements, but my goal was always to play pvp just for pvp. I like the feeling when playing with random players. It's just relaxing for me even if we're being farmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Then there's Ashran, but when you're still trying to gear up, you want to do the Ashran Dominance quest for those sweet 750 conquest points. What's the problem? First, you need to be blessed by RNG and get a good group. Then you have to suffer through 3 events before boss is killed, since you already had 4 events done. Events are boring and take too long to spawn as well. If the fucking quest was "either kill Tremblade or win 5 events" or something, it would have been so much better. I hate AA, I hate balance druids. I hate balance druids that won't shut up unless they get the AA. Also they look like shit.
    Ashran sucks, it wasn't that bad before the changes. Full honor gear in about 3 hours was nice. I love playing a balance druid, but I agree having them against you and especially in large teamfights is annoying.

EDIT:

Your post suggest that you are a woman and I can understand why you might dislike voice communication if that is true. We have 2-4 woman in the guild ( activity is kind of like a rollercoaster for most of the guild atm.) And they are in the rbg team, sometimes we have to invite randoms to get a certain class and some of the conversations that followed were pretty sad. Doesn't happen often but there are some jerks and sad people out there.
    Last edited by mmocc29434e79e; 2016-05-25 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Ashran sucks, it wasn't that bad before the changes. Full honor gear in about 3 hours was nice. I love playing a balance druid, but I agree having them against you and especially in large teamfights is annoying.

EDIT:

Your post suggest that you are a woman and I can understand why you might dislike voice communication if that is true. We have 2-4 woman in the guild ( activity is kind of like a rollercoaster for most of the guild atm.) And they are in the rbg team, sometimes we have to invite randoms to get a certain class and some of the conversations that followed were pretty sad. Doesn't happen often but there are some jerks and sad people out there.
    Ashran could have been so much better And rather than improve things, like being stuck in combat, they add more restrictions, like the recreant debuff. It's still better to gear up there than Tanaan however (I tried both ways with 2 different characters)

As for your other paragraph, you're right
    The problem I have is that I'm very shy so it takes a lot from me to be on TS3 or whatever with 9 other people I don't know. Of course, if I know the people, I become more relaxed. I did a lot of RBGs in MoP, but not so much in WoD, because I'm simply too tired of dealing with these random people. And as I noticed, the higher the rating, the worse it gets. I would like to do RBGs, but to technically pay to not enjoy myself.. yeh, not worth it At the end of the day, it simply feels like many of the random RBG players aren't mentally old enough to even play WoW.

They also won't have to deal with any consequences for their actions, because the shit they say is on voice communication, not the game, and thus the old "the only winning move is to not play" comes true And even if they said something in the game, they likely wouldn't be punished for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    We were in a couple Ashran's over the weekend, one we were defending Volrath for 30 straight minutes, someone /rw raging talking about how "let them kill him so we get buffed" dogshit, while there were a vocal 14-16 people that were wanting that guy to leave, basically we were stating that we were there to PVP, not catch some stupid fucking ghosts or kill birds, so we sat there and we fought. We PVPed. We played the game. It was fucking awesome. I love those times when we aren't really pushing the road, but merely engaging the alliance at CR and 2-3 events go by and neither team is peeling off to go to the event, we just fucking throw down cuz fuck yeah!
    I love when that happens...im ally an i love when events pop but the fight at XR is so engaging nobody wants to leave

Deleted
    My friend used to pvp but then his mom told him that real men do pve. Well, I'm glad she didn't listen to her mom because the next day he lost his virginity because the bragged how he ganked some horde scum yesterday.

Ashran could have been so much better And rather than improve things, like being stuck in combat, they add more restrictions, like the recreant debuff. It's still better to gear up there than Tanaan however (I tried both ways with 2 different characters)

As for your other paragraph, you're right
    The problem I have is that I'm very shy so it takes a lot from me to be on TS3 or whatever with 9 other people I don't know. Of course, if I know the people, I become more relaxed. I did a lot of RBGs in MoP, but not so much in WoD, because I'm simply too tired of dealing with these random people. And as I noticed, the higher the rating, the worse it gets. I would like to do RBGs, but to technically pay to not enjoy myself.. yeh, not worth it At the end of the day, it simply feels like many of the random RBG players aren't mentally old enough to even play WoW.

They also won't have to deal with any consequences for their actions, because the shit they say is on voice communication, not the game, and thus the old "the only winning move is to not play" comes true And even if they said something in the game, they likely wouldn't be punished for it
    I have same issue with RBGs, i am just tired of dealing with 9 trolls who have very little idea about pvp even at decent RBG rating, since its RBG.... I would suggest you try Arena, 2s or 3s, it is much more skill dependent and once you find couple people to form a stable team, u can simply relax and enjoy the game while smashing other teams or losing urself (which also can be fun when you are facing multi R1 team and after a close game you lose, but it was a damn good game)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    My friend used to pvp but then his mom told him that real men do pve. Well, I'm glad she didn't listen to her mom because the next day he lost his virginity because the bragged how he ganked some horde scum yesterday.
    lol a cookie for u sir.

I used to do random bgs all the time in Cataclysm and previous expansions, and later MoP; but Early MoP and on I just really haven't enjoyed playing in PvP on just about any class at any specific level. It doesn't feel the same anymore, and I just can't seem to enjoy myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Footpaws View Post
    I used to do random bgs all the time in Cataclysm and previous expansions, and later MoP; but Early MoP and on I just really haven't enjoyed playing in PvP on just about any class at any specific level. It doesn't feel the same anymore, and I just can't seem to enjoy myself.
    Ya it happens sometimes u just get burned out and u need take a break from pvp. Maybe try Overwatch ? Pretty relaxing yet fun pvp style

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I have same issue with RBGs, i am just tired of dealing with 9 trolls who have very little idea about pvp even at decent RBG rating, since its RBG.... I would suggest you try Arena, 2s or 3s, it is much more skill dependent and once you find couple people to form a stable team, u can simply relax and enjoy the game while smashing other teams or losing urself (which also can be fun when you are facing multi R1 team and after a close game you lose, but it was a damn good game)

- - - Updated - - -

lol a cookie for u sir.
    I just.. don't enjoy arenas Not quite sure why, but I thrive much more in the open fields of battlegrounds. I do find the tournament games to be very fun to watch however, especially with a dedicated commentator. I acknowledge the skill and time required to become that good, but ultimately, I'd rather be in Arathi Basin.

Also - in my opinion - arenas suffer from the same problem as RBGs, which is spec favouritism. I've mentioned before I love destruction warlock, and ideally, I'd always play it, but it would be a struggle to find teammates that would accept my choice, since it's all "go affli or go home", and it's probably harder to play destro in arenas compared to affli, due to those happy fun pillars
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I just.. don't enjoy arenas Not quite sure why, but I thrive much more in the open fields of battlegrounds. I do find the tournament games to be very fun to watch however, especially with a dedicated commentator. I acknowledge the skill and time required to become that good, but ultimately, I'd rather be in Arathi Basin.

Also - in my opinion - arenas suffer from the same problem as RBGs, which is spec favouritism. I've mentioned before I love destruction warlock, and ideally, I'd always play it, but it would be a struggle to find teammates that would accept my choice, since it's all "go affli or go home", and it's probably harder to play destro in arenas compared to affli, due to those happy fun pillars
    I know your pain, my main is Ret

For arena comps for Destro, i would watch some high rated Destro 3s streams, i am sure there are some viable comps out there )

Quote Originally Posted by Transmigration View Post
    I haven't pushed for rating or anything in years. I just get gear as I go and do a few BGs each day. I don't really care about the rewards. I just enjoy running in, smashing people, and taking objectives.
    Pretty much the same. I don't mind rated arena but with my random work/play time schedule its hard to find someone to do regular games with

Well... I have almost every classes with 740 gear and I never broke the 1k7. I never tried. I play in bg for fun and only for fun.

If it doesnt reward gear. Not doing it.

Deleted
    99,9% of all pvp I've done in the last 12 months was skirmish as a prot warrior while not needing anything from it (probably 3k games or so)

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    I do. Even though I've finished all the nemesis and don't really need gear on my toons, I still enjoy spending hours in ashran on occasion. I just like killing shit. It does suck though when its a complete stomp and you only run into a few enemies scattered around the zone.

In bgs I don't really go for the objectives anymore. Fighting people around the map is just a lot more fun for me. Also, not going for objectives has really helped make bgs a lot less frustrating.

What I don't like are pubstomps. I usually enjoy mass pvp, but premade groups totally ruin it for both sides. It's not fun not having even a slight chance and getting gy farmed and steamrolling a bunch of randoms gets old fast. This applies to both ashran and bgs. I think separating group and solo queue pvp would make queueing up a lot more fun, especially in ashran. Blizz needs to follow through on their efforts to stop premades and address the methods people use to go around their group limits.

I have a hard time getting into arena though. It takes too much effort to find people I actually want to play with. People are either really terrible, like clicking and not using macros bad, they're toxic and just straight not fun to play with, or they're way more experienced than me. Maybe if I had friends that were interested in trying arena I'd get into it.
    Last edited by Honkeymagoo; 2016-06-09 at 10:02 PM.