Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Don't expect it any earlier than July 19th. If they break tradition and get it up earlier (giggity) then that'll just be a happy surprise.
    July 19 is the earliest possible date. August 2 is the latest possible date. August 2 would fit the pattern of every previous expansion. The only way it will be earlier than that is if 1) the pre-patch is ready in time, and 2) Blizzard decides they want this pre-expansion even to break the pattern and be longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But everything doesn't need to be done for the pre-patch, only the pre-101 content. There is usually a small fixit patch after the pre-patch, right before the actual release. I bet they were aiming for the week before the movie as release, but they're about 2 to 3 weeks behind. So Last week of June is a possibility, if they just skip the PTR, which they can do, and have done.
    Isn't about the pre 101 content only, is mostly about class changes and core things like the new transmog system and all the things in the engine of the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    July 19 is the earliest possible date. August 2 is the latest possible date. August 2 would fit the pattern of every previous expansion. The only way it will be earlier than that is if 1) the pre-patch is ready in time, and 2) Blizzard decides they want this pre-expansion even to break the pattern and be longer.
    August 2 would only fit the "pattern" if the pattern only included Wrath and WoD. BC and MoP both had 6-week pre-patches, while Cataclysm had two separate pre-patches that each lasted a month, for two months total.

Tomorrow's test is literally just one server set up with the pre-Legion demon invasions running, not the full 7.0 patch. They're basically going to be stress testing that system to ensure that when it does go live there will be minimal hiccups and problems. They've also said that players will be locked at lvl 100 in the test, so it's definitely not a full-blown prepatch shakedown.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenar View Post
    Tomorrow's test is literally just one server set up with the pre-Legion demon invasions running, not the full 7.0 patch. They're basically going to be stress testing that system to ensure that when it does go live there will be minimal hiccups and problems. They've also said that players will be locked at lvl 100 in the test, so it's definitely not a full-blown prepatch shakedown.
    Actually it is. It's a Beta realm capped at level 100, with all the pre-event stuff turned on. (Except that mysterious Karazhan scenario ????) The invasions have been active & playable since alpha, only everyone's been playing in the Broken Isles so no ones' tested the Invasions extensively. So here they're making it

So in a way, it's a "stress test". What does this mean? Who knows? They could release the pre-patch at any time, depending on what level of quality they're okay with:

If it releases next week, that means no Karazhan instance, and all of the classes are extremely bugged, but playable.
    If it releases June 14th, that means still no Karazhan, and all the classes are much less bugged.
    Etc...
    If it releases July 19th, that means everything is done, including all Legion content & the devs can sit on their asses for two months. We'll likely get it somewhat sooner than this date: the stuff above level 100 doesn't need to be done, and usually isnt by the release of the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucio View Post
    July 19th. Quote me boys.
    Quote me on this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucio View Post
    July 19th. Quote me boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Quote me on this as well.
    I saw the Reddit post, too. Y'all ain't special.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    I saw the Reddit post, too. Y'all ain't special.
    Not trying to be. Just trying to get it shown so we can all be massively disappointed on July 19th.

Highly doubt it. Most likely mid to late July. Testing just started and there will be problems with it.

Instead of prepatch you can do some HFC. This month is the birthday of 6.2 .....Yay...kill me

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Why does this keep going round, this is false, and july 19th isn't earliest possible it's just the speculated date based on a source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Why does this keep going round, this is false, and july 19th isn't earliest possible it's just the speculated date based on a source.
    It's 6 weeks before launch, which matches 2.0 and 5.0. And that's assuming they don't pull a Cata and release some of it(class/engine/animation changes?) before others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    No way. Mid July at best. Though I assume there's like 20% chances of it being mid july instead of end july.
    I am hoping mid July. I am off for two weeks from 11th July till 24th.... And my birthday is 16th July \o/ but my money is 20th July.

June makes all the sense in the world -- with droves of inactive, returning and completely new players arriving from the movie, a July/August top-down change to gameplay after they've just gotten the hang of things will be disruptive. But . . . there's not a lot of time left for QA.
    Last edited by Celarent; 2016-06-02 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    Stress testing it for a PTR within the next few weeks?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    It's 6 weeks before launch, which matches 2.0 and 5.0. And that's assuming they don't pull a Cata and release some of it(class/engine/animation changes?) before others.
    I have taken part in every WoW beta and I have never see one so behind schedule as this, it's the least polished looking I have ever seen one <3 months from launch. I anticipate the pre-patch will be delayed as long as possible and that the expansion will be a "launch it on time, then fix it" job.

I can't imagine pre-patch will come earlier than July 26. At that point it's almost 35 days of pre-patch, I don't think they've ever done that before. It just seems too long.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I have taken part in every WoW beta and I have never see one so behind schedule as this, it's the least polished looking I have ever seen one <3 months from launch. I anticipate the pre-patch will be delayed as long as possible and that the expansion will be a "launch it on time, then fix it" job.
    WoD beta was a buggy mess <1 mont from launch with instant death bugs and so so many hofixes, nonworking areas, etc.
    @Saracens 30 is the lowest end for prepatches, some have gone up to 2 months. 6 weeks is fairly normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Interesting with pre event on beta. Wonder if they skip PTR. Dosnt necessary mean it get released sooner. But it would be nice non the less. But.. I know it will be buggy, so they might need some time ..

Quote Originally Posted by Saracens View Post
    I can't imagine pre-patch will come earlier than July 26. At that point it's almost 35 days of pre-patch, I don't think they've ever done that before. It just seems too long.
    Cataclysm Pre-Patch was longer than 35 Days

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...