View Poll Results: Release classic servers?

Voters
1829. This poll is closed
  • Yes

916 50.08%
  • No!

913 49.92%
Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post

You pay the sub for wow, you can play on both live and classic servers in the same monthly sub fee

That is the question, I really think that now is the time to give us vanilla servers, I really do, what has blizzard got to lose apart from accepting the fact that a 10 year old game is far superior to the one that is currently available to us
    There are a bunch of problems with your opening post with a poll. First of all if you are going to make a poll the initial post should be objective and not completely biased as you are already trying to sway the audience. Next your statement about a 10 year old game being better than current content is solely opinion and based off of facts(if anything looking at facts the game has more subs than it did in Vanilla so but that is a very poor measure), but I am not hear to argue what is better or not. What I am going to do is laugh at your idea of getting Vanilla servers for the combine current monthly subscription. That does not make blizzard anymore money but costs a bunch more. If, and this is a GIANT IF, Blizzard were to make Vanilla servers it would have to be treated as a separate game, they will charge for the original purchase of the game again(they are going to have to develop a game again to use new hardware, integrate it into battle.net systems and determine which features from current carry over) and charge a separate monthly fee for the game(keeping servers for a separate game costs money and then the decision of whether to keep servers in all regions or centralized location).

And now you complain about a 12 month content drought when a Vanilla server will have a FOREVER CONTENT DROUGHT. They would not develop further content as it would contradict the current storylines. But hey while your post is long it has holes all over it and is definitely not thought out.

In before you were not an original player, wrong Raided with Deus Vox on Laughing Skull through AQ40 and Naxx on my warlock Sundronez. And will whole heartily say that the Vanilla WoW was not a better game, it was full of horrible exploits(a hunter/rogue could farm chests in Mara for blademasters gloves for hours and make 10k a week no problem, item dup tricks), glitchy ground and mobs(mobs in instances would permalink and you would have to reset), decurse spamming, mods that would play the game for you worse than current, horrible quest design(kill 100 of this without any story behind it, the quests were not linked in a story), raids that had mechanics that would kill you even if you did things right(the old parry mechanic) and this is only the tip of the iceberg.

The only thing I am missing from Vanilla is the community but a Vanilla server will not bring that back as most of the old players have moved on with their lives and we now live in the instant gratification world of social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    No, I'd rather them focus on current WoW and not on some archaic crap.
    The archaic crap is what made current WoW even possible.

If a company can't stand by its roots and the events that made them popular in the first place, then said company needs to devolve, just like the social community they are facilitating via lousy expansions.

The current retail WoW is not worth a subscription, sorry.

Can we stop with this mutual exclusive comments? Legacy != current WoW will not exist anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    lol ok. It's not the games fault its changing its the people.
    The game isn't changing anyone. It's the other way around. The game is being adjusted to the people both by devs and the players who chose to play it in certain way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    But don't you? It's more popular for people to point the finger and blame anything else they possibly can than blame themselves! Why blame yourself when you can blame someone or something else!

Popular trend in multiplayer video games these days!
    It is easier to blame things outside of oneself. This doesn't happen only in games. You can see it everywhere when people are involved. It's enough to look at politics where so many people want someone else to solve their issues and will blame everyone for their own short comings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    The game isn't changing anyone. It's the other way around. The game is being adjusted to the people both by devs and the players who chose to play it in certain way.

It was a joke on your original comment. And you just answered the joke exactly with what I meant.

People have a reason to be upset when the game changes from something they like to not like. Or else they wouldn't be here.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

It is not going in a positive direction though, not over the past 6 years anyways. The more common trend is buy the expansion, play for a month, then unsub. The game is changing everyone actually, it's changing how much they consider WoW a part of their life, making them play less, and making them uncaring as to WoW's future.

It is easier to blame things outside of oneself. This doesn't happen only in games. You can see it everywhere when people are involved. It's enough to look at politics where so many people want someone else to solve their issues and will blame everyone for their own short comings.
    Politicians who somehow get into office and do lackluster jobs will get scrutiny. Often times they enter office not because of credentials, but for other reasons that voters support. Once in office it then becomes evident they are a dud. I don't blame the politicians, but rather the idiots that put them where they are.

That said, I don't see the bridge between politics and game companies, unless it can be reasoned that game devs are as shady as politicians. Politicians take the cake though, so perhaps not a good analogy for you. Game companies want $$ -- Politicians want POWER (perhaps for their agenda, maybe).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    It was a joke on your original comment. And you just answered the joke exactly with what I meant.

People have a reason to be upset when the game changes from something they like to not like. Or else they wouldn't be here.
    WoW has millions of fans. Fans who have quite often totally opposite expectations to how the game should change. Therefor, Blizzard cannot make everyone happy. And if you happen to be in the group that is unhappy, the adult thing to do is to move on with your life. I would if WoW would change in the direction I disliked. There are plenty other games on the market to take up my free time. Yet, people prefer to act like kids and cry that someone has taken their toys away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    It is not going in a positive direction though, not over the past 6 years anyways. The more common trend is buy the expansion, play for a month, then unsub. The game is changing everyone actually, it's changing how much they consider WoW a part of their life, making them play less, and making them uncaring as to WoW's future.
    No, it's not WoW changing people. It's people growing up, having jobs, families, real life and less time to play video game. It's WoW that is growing up with their audience - not the other way around. When I started playing WoW I was a student with tons of free time. Now I don't. If WoW stayed the way it was 10 years ago I would not play it anymore cause I would not have the time to do those things I enjoy the most. Many others like me would leave as well.

And well, I think Blizzard is starting to realize that there are tons of people who are perfectly fine with playing the game for a month. That's prolly why they wanted to push faster content (tho it's not really an easy task when it comes to an mmo).

Adding to that, younger generation of gamer doesn't seem to be interested in mmos at all. They prefer faster games. The world is changing. We could go along with it or be like angry old people shouting at kids at their lawn and saying how it was better in their old days. Actually, this whole nostalgia about old WoW is quite natural. But it also is quite pointless.

Politicians who somehow get into office and do lackluster jobs will get scrutiny. Often times they enter office not because of credentials, but for other reasons that voters support. Once in office it then becomes evident they are a dud. I don't blame the politicians, but rather the idiots that put them where they are.

That said, I don't see the bridge between politics and game companies, unless it can be reasoned that game devs are as shady as politicians. Politicians take the cake though, so perhaps not a good analogy for you. Game companies want $$ -- Politicians want POWER (perhaps for their agenda, maybe).
    I didn't compare politicians to game companies. I just pointed out a pattern when it comes to people's behaviour. Some people are aware that everything comes from within them. But other always look to blame everything and everyone around them.

The reason why people like or dislike a game comes from within them. Realizing this really makes a lot of things easier. I'm inclined to believe that many people don't fully understand why they prefered the old times.

No, it's not WoW changing people. It's people growing up as well.
    Oh, is that why subs are falling, and realms are ghost-towns.

And well, I think Blizzard is starting to realize that there are tons of people who are perfectly fine with playing the game for a month. That's prolly why they wanted to push faster content (tho it's not really an easy task when it comes to an mmo).
    Tons of people? Blizzard is fine with people only playing a month? They push faster content? You are quite the comedian tonight.

But always look to blame everything and everyone around them.
    Correct if wrong, but this is what you are doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, is that why subs are falling, and realms are ghost-towns.
    There are millions of reasons people are leaving the game. One of them is called real life and that's just one that isn't related to the game. There are also reasons why less people are starting to play WoW (yes, this also counts into the sub loss). Have you seen how interest in mmos looks in general compared to when WoW was starting?

Tons of people? Blizzard is fine with people only playing a month? They push faster content? You are quite the comedian tonight.
    And you should learn to read. Nothing more to add until you do so.

Correct if wrong, but this is what you are doing.
    And who exactly am I blaming for my issues? :P

The only way I would stand behind releasing vanilla servers was if they were true vanilla servers with all the problems people had to deal with back then. I want every single bug that has since been fixed to be brought back. I want them to use the same servers they were on back then, so people would have to deal with the ridiculous server instability and down times that existed. I want it to be a true vanilla experience. Also they sure as shit better remove every single QoL improvement. Bring mounts back up to level 40 not this 20 nonsense. Flying mounts? See ya when I see ya. Absolutely remove every single guild perk. Also they better bring back the class restrictions. I better never see a single alliance shaman or horde paladin. DKs and monks, see ya later. Also I want the talents to be the same as they initially were, so you never would see a single DPS paladin, shaman, druid, or priest in your raid or group. If you werent healing, you had no use. Bring back the increasing cost of talent changes and remove the ability to change talents on the fly. Glyphs? Out. The original form of loot too, where there was plenty of times you would kill a boss and no one would get loot from it since it was for classes not represented in the raid. Bring back all the grinding, the insane amount of buffs you needed to farm to be able to beat content. Tubers for days. Bags of E'ko. And warlocks please have to fill their entire bags with nothing but shards and have to spend 30 minutes before a raid to do so. Remove the achievement system and battle pets, those never existed. Absolutely still require 40 people for raids, none of this variable nonsense based on how many people are there. Please lower the graphics back down too and give us the old models. Bring back weapon skills, so if you wanted to use something, you had to sit and swing at something for an hour before being able to. Unlink the auction houses.Remove the ability to have both horde and alliance toons on the same server. Remove the majority of the API hooks and addon improvements that have since been added. Also if you have a quest and you want to figure out where to fight you had to look it up or ask people, none of this overlay nonsense. Please bring back having to use ammo/arrows for your gun/bow to work. Rogues better have to create poisons themselves too. Bring back the GM grind too. Having to stay awake for a few days at a time every single week for months is a must. Raid and dungeon attunements please. And I have gotten tired of remembering all the fun parts of Vanilla, so im going to stop here, but I think you get where I was going with this.

I just really feel like people are looking at Vanilla through rose colored glasses and dont realize how much this game has improved. I loved vanilla, but I enjoy even more what the game has become and wouldn't look back once. Just like when reconsidering dating an exgf, you remember all the good things, but seem to forget all the miserable parts.

edit ugh what a wall of text too long, dont read lol
    Last edited by rchimus; 2016-06-03 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rchimus View Post
    The only way I would stand behind releasing vanilla servers was if they were true vanilla servers with all the problems people had to deal with back then.
    < SNIP >

agree.

You repeat too much of what others say.

I had no such experiences. I did have 1 error.. turned out to be a graphics issue, and the online support cleared it up within 10 minutes. They even got back to me when I logged back in. This was very early 2005. I enjoyed the game with many friends and found ZERO issues .. I did find 100% fun, sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by rchimus View Post
    < SNIP >

You're probably trying to be funny, but that's exactly how 80-90% of classic players *demand* the servers to be. They would refuse to play if Blizzard added QoL improvements or accessibility helpers in classic realms. If they wanted these "improvements", they would be happily playing WoD and Legion beta as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    You're probably trying to be funny, but that's exactly how 80-90% of classic players *demand* the servers to be. They would refuse to play if Blizzard added QoL improvements or accessibility helpers in classic realms. If they wanted these "improvements", they would be happily playing WoD and Legion beta as we speak.
    Many of said QoL improvements ruined the game: too many. Addons are high on the list.

LFG / LFR are dreadful "QoL" improvements. No thank you. Straight shot dungeons, boring quest finders. no Heroic world quests. I suppose these are "QoL". Again, no thanks. No talent tree's, standardized item stats, class homogenization .. Again no thanks. Anti social group activity ... Not for me.

But hey, thanks for explaining where the 80-90% percentages came from. Readers love solid facts.

No. No question about it.

Many of said QoL improvements ruined the game: too many. Addons are high on the list.

LFG / LFR are dreadful "QoL" improvements. No thank you. Straight shot dungeons, boring quest finders. no Heroic world quests. I suppose these are "QoL". Again, no thanks. No talent tree's, standardized item stats, class homogenization .. Again no thanks. Anti social group activity ... Not for me.

But hey, thanks for explaining where the 80-90% percentages came from. Readers love solid facts.
    So you 100% agree with me but then mock me for pulling some percentages out of my ass? Well, lets just say there are some who would want QoL "improvements" to classic WoW but they are certainly not many.

Again just playing devils advocate, what happens when there is a certain class that is overpowered? No changes will ever be made? If you want to win in PVP you have to be a mace stun rogue or fury warrior, no options. Remember when naked rogues with GM weps could kill any and everyone? Or warriors with unstoppable force? If youre stuck in vanilla without any updates or changes youre going to be pigeonholed into using these classes if you want to actually survive.

Better Blizz add + and good sides from vanilla in legion. Or add different mode

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    So you 100% agree with me but then mock me for pulling some percentages out of my ass? Well, lets just say there are some who would want QoL "improvements" to classic WoW but they are certainly not many.
    I suppose if you were really 100%? The percentages came from your ass, not mine.

I'll say again, since you seen to agree yet disagree with what was said (and I have no idea your stance, honestly):

Don't mistake it a second time if you agree with me
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-06-07 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty1 View Post
    Better Blizz add + and good sides from vanilla in legion. Or add different mode
    Outdoor mobs buffed a few hundred percent.
    Dungeon mobs buffed slightly too.
    Tank AoE threat, gutted. And I mean gutted.
    Removal of LFG. (since it forces easy dungeons)
    Raids reduced to one difficulty each, progressive difficulty in multiple raids.
    No flying mounts.

I don't think it is reasonable to expect such drastic changes, but this is a start if you wish to make the game more like vanilla. If we thought it was likely that Blizzard would even consider this we would likely ask for that instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Being forced to group up with people doesn't mean you make friends. It doesn't mean you like those people. I've never really enjoyed those quests, even when I first started playing. I'm a loner most of the time and prefer to go my own way.

Did I have to group up? Yes, there were a few quests where I did and a few times I let people join groups to clear stuff more efficiently. You had to since respawns were horribly slow. Did I care much about those people? Not really. I don't know them. I would probably never meet them again, even on Nost.
    So? im sure it was much funner to socialize and work together with someone rather than do it alone
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."