Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Leaning towards Death Knights, in a very "Viper and the Mountain" way where the Illidan dances around like an arrogant shit until the DK lands a killing 1-shot the second the Illidan's faffing fails them.
    But Oberon murdered the Mountain without any issues. He only died because he was demanding an answer from him and he had to kneel down right next to 200 kgs of angry muscle to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naralix View Post
    I'm going to go ahead with my death knight bias and say:
    (game wise)
    Arthas beats Illidan in the cinematic
    Arthas beats Illidan in HotS
    Death knights beat Demonhunters on the Beta

Death knights are freaking ruthless beasts with a massive twohander and super thick plate armor. The DK will probably give the DH a confused stare as he tries to slice open that saronite plate before beheading him.
    Where do you have the info that DK's beat DH's in the Legion beta?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    So it's basically the fight between prince oberyn and the mountain, with oberyn being Illidan and the mountain Arthas.
    Well, Illidan didn't even scratch arthas (unlike Oberyn who actually took out the Mountain eventually) although I see where youre going.

Arthas beat Illidan fair as fair. So as the only example in the lore of DH vs DK......... Death Knight > Demon Hunter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Conclusion: Death Knights are stronger.

/thread
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

is this a cliff diving contest? Unless the dk is an engineer the DH would win because of that sick space bar slow fall.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Thing is that the developers / creators apparently retconned how things went down. Just like in comics with DC and Marvel.
    I guess it's due to the fact they rushed the fight between Arthas and Illidan but also because Illidan has become very popular as an anti-hero.
    So in the Warcraft 3 game, their fight ended after a short battle. In the arthas: rise to lich king I'm hearing that the battle was drawn out longer and that Illidan had the upperhand, like Oberyn and fucked up the last step which Arthas took advantage of to strike back. Again. I don't have the book so I can't tell if this is true or not.

And now I'm hearing that in the new book that came out that they are reinforcing the idea that Illidan simply fucked up at the last step which allowed Arthas to get in the fatal blow. On top of that Illidan didn't even transform.

But during the warcraft 3 game, when they first fought they were equal in strength.

Before the last time they fought Illidan had consumed the power in the skull of guldan and also gotten the ord of kiljaden. So 2 power ups while Ner'zhuls power was fading due to Illidans attempt to break the frozen throne.
    Illidan should have been much stronger, however apparently Ner'zhul gave Arthas the rest of his powers ( that he could spare, at least) and somehow that was enough to defeat Illidan?
    I mean it's honestly hard to tell unless Blizzard comes out and tells us exactly how things went down and why they went down.

As for Lich King vs Illidan, well here I'll have to admit that I think the Lich king is the stronger one. But I have no idea how powerful Illidan exactly is. But now that Legion is coming out soon and we're getting Demon Hunters as the new hero class I'm sure we'll learn more about them.
    in the Illidan novel it was never said anything about their fight,I think.in Rise of the Lich King,Illidan brought Arthas to his knees by one spell and was ready to finish him off but Frostmourne urged Arthas to raise his hand one last time.he didn't transform nor he had the Orb.

I also found it funny when people say Arthas was weakened because that was clearly not the case.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-06-02 at 02:02 PM.

Considering the ending of warcraft III: Frozen Throne, I would say Death Knights kick demon hunters asses. Arthas Managed to beat Illedan even though he was weakened.

Deleted
    Death Knights win