Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    It's funny how your kind of people always yells for sources but are never able to give any sources on the positive factors.
    Read what I said. You need to provide posts for quantitative information (i.e. if it involves numbers, post your source). If you'd like sources for my information, ask me for them for specific claims that I make.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Bible is a complete mess too, to be fair. Have you read the old testament, and compared to the new testament?
    Exactly. !New! "Testament".
    You live off the old book. And you take everything literal.

And I dislike Christianity just as much as any other religion that wants to interfere with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulharum View Post
    Read what I said. You need to provide posts for quantitative information (i.e. if it involves numbers, post your source). If you'd like sources for my information, ask me for them for specific claims that I make.
    Turn on the news, theres your source.
    It's obvious that many middle-west places are shitholes considering the amount of refugees - no matter what they want/are running from.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Rarely. I had a friend studying there. (He is from Iraq).
    Rarely was not what he told me. And his place was on of the least bombed places. He told me there were places bombed multiple times DAILY. If that's rarely, then we live in two different worlds.
    Iraq doesnt represent the entire middle east. You know that right?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's like a demonic tome.
    Exactly this.

I dont see this as hate towards Muslims in general. I just hate the fact that they're involved in everything bad whichs happening on our world currently.. from wars in their own countries, to wars against other countries, pleas to other nations to fix their problems, refugees all of Europe (big problem in Germany, espeically - hate towards refugees grows every day). And lets not forget all the teroristic attacks all over the world in the past 15 years.

You just dont see Christians doing all of this. Just muslims and jews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulharum View Post
    That doesn't mean their people as a whole are violent. If they are fleeing their countries because of the extremism there, would that not mean that they are not okay with it?
    About the "fuck all nonbelievers" thing, the bible says that. Read Deuteronomy 17.
    You do realize that I am talking about muslim extremists, not muslims, right?
    It is VERY important to separate between the two.

Yeah, if you were to enforce the old testament in a literal sense, while neglecting that Jesus rescinded most of the OTs rules (which made Jeweish religious leaders rather upset), then yes: Christianity would be VERY violent indeed. That too would be called "extremism".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure you can be racist to a religion...
    Technically not, but you can absolutely be discriminatory and it's sickening that people think they can use semantics like this to justify it and believe it's okay to do so.

Crisis of culture. I suspect a lot of Europeans in the past couple of years have had to face a rather un-assimilated population increasing in their home nation(s).

I think most Americans seen Muslims as 'weird' at best, 'terrorists' at worst. A lot of hostility I think comes from like movies and TV for us. Because people rarely bother Muslims in the street. It's just an under-your-breath sentiment that some hold toward Muslims negatively. The same sort of thing that used to be reserved for 'uppity' AAs in this country.

That's just my observations though.

I mean what about the uni bomber, certain parts of Africa where Christians are killing Muslims? Man there are a lot of them but I forgot them from the top of my head

What is most distressing at least to me is how quickly everybody has bought into the idea that terrorism is the "natural state" of Islam and that it has been this way since inception. Radical Islam in the form recognizable to us really only dates back to the 1970s, before that the dominant ideological strain in most of the Muslim world was secular, an authoritarian and nationalistic form of secularism to be sure, but secular nonetheless. Muslims were by no means docile and peaceful of course, but they largely engaged in the same kind of violence as everyone else, not the characteristic brand of terrorism that we associate with them today.

Deleted
    We are "antireligicists!"
    Hate towards a religion or someones belief is discribed as discrimination, afaik. Same as with women.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    In comparison to the middle east as a whole? Iraq is a very unstable country.
    Yeah, it's been unstable ever since the invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Technically not, but you can absolutely be discriminatory and it's sickening that people think they can use semantics like this to justify it and believe it's okay to do so.
    I feel there's alot of assumptions out of thin air in that comment :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Muslim is a religion, not a race.

Just sayin'.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It is WAR. In war there are casualties.

Yes it's sad, and my heart goes out to them who are truly innocent, but that is the ugly truth.

Whether US' reaction was justified and effective in neutralizing "terrorism" is not on me to judge. (I would go as far and say "you can't just bomb terrorism out of existence" though)
    In war there are casualties... that's pretty convenient for the winner of the aforementioned war to say. I agree with you though that you cannot bomb out terrorism, although we are just trying to take out their organizations that commit large-scale atrocities. I don't think the U.S. would logically think they could kill all who might become terrorists at some point. Our bombing of their countries is likely making the extremism worse though.
    Last edited by Gulharum; 2016-06-02 at 12:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnantinos View Post
    I mean what about the uni bomber, certain parts of Africa where Christians are killing Muslims? Man there are a lot of them but I forgot them from the top of my head
    Africa is so fucked up. But its not christians at fault if they desperately try to defend themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Mall?
    Manifesto about "Muslims"?

As far as I'm aware of there's one incident here in Norway, and that's far from the mall. And his manifesto wasn't about Muslims only.
    Sorry a bit rusty on my events

10+ Year Old Account
    Bible is a complete mess too, to be fair. Have you read the old testament, and compared to the new testament?
    That's because you don't read it properly.
    The OT (for !CHRISTIANS! not Jews) is merely a depiction of origins and history.
    For us, the new testament supersedes these old rules. They virtually are no longer relevant to us.

Best example would be the issue of "unclean" animals. While the OT has strict rules, in the NT it basically says "Don't call unclean what God has made clean" which translates to "eat what you want w/o worrying".

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    I'll take the bait lol

Islam is not a race, it's an ideology

It's religious as well as political

The political and spiritual views that Islam has those within the faith follow directly clash with much of western culture and government

There is a disproportionate number of this group that either commit or endorse violent behavior towards those who do not follow the ideology

And in more extreme cases (Isis) a group that will not hesitate to kill even those within the ideology of they do not conform exactly how they want them to

Regardless of how trendy and open minded you want to be, at some point people need to use facts to make decisions and not feelings
    ^^^
    This.

All of this.

You cannot be racist against a religion unless the rules have somehow changed. It is criticism which the world today seems to try and dismiss with whatever labels it can throw at critics in an attempt to silence them.

Turn on the news, theres your source.
    It's obvious that many middle-west places are shitholes considering the amount of refugees - no matter what they want/are running from.
    Still, if you say "a large portion of Muslims do 'x' heinous thing", you need a source. If you're just saying "I see it on my T.V. all the time", you are not making a real argument.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure you can be racist to a religion...
    Some groups of people are associated with religion. Just as you cannot be a Jew and not practice Judaism. That is how it is racist.

It is wrong to place all people of a religion into the same pool based on the actions of a few. Even historical events should not be considered, when judging a group , esp. when none of those associated are even alive.