Marksmanship - Mythic Archimonde weird damage calculation output

Hello guys.

My guild is progressing in Mythic Archimonde and since we started doing it, I noticed very strange things that annoy me a lot.

Let's start with the basics. I'm Galo from Draenor EU. MM Hunter, 740 ilvl. In the opening burst (Ring + prepot) with my current gear, I usually do around 400k Chimaera shots and 200k Aimed Shots.

And that's fine. But in Archimonde, this opening burst seems to change based on some stuff I don't know and I don't understand.

I'm talking about doing 325k Chimaeras and 150k Aimed Shots in the opening burst, with all procs up (is the opening after all, everything is up), while in the next try I'm doing my normal damage again. Then 2 tries after I'm doing less damage than usual again. Please note I'm not talking about DPS. I'm talking about raw damage.

Log showing 150k max damage in Aimed Shot while bursting:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Log showing 210k max damage in Aimed Shot while bursting:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

My armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte...or/Galo/simple

The question is simple. Is there any kind of bug in damage calculation for Archimonde or am I missing something?

Thank you very much

The log you linked with the ~210k AiS shows an augment rune dropping towards the end of the log, whilst the one with the ~150k AiS doesn't. That's the only thing I could spot but I don't know if 50 agi could mean ~50k less damage on a roll (though we are talking damage multiplied by the ring ofc). I am on a course of meds so unsure if I'm being dumb or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    The log you linked with the ~210k AiS shows an augment rune dropping towards the end of the log, whilst the one with the ~150k AiS doesn't. That's the only thing I could spot but I don't know if 50 agi could mean ~50k less damage on a roll (though we are talking damage multiplied by the ring ofc). I am on a course of meds so unsure if I'm being dumb or not.
    Yeah, 'cause I died most likely :P

Anyway, 50 agility doesn't explain 50k damage difference as you said, and we're talking about the beggining of the fight, so that situation doesn't apply.

You didn't die until the end of both of those logs, with the higher AiS one showing that you lost the rune and the lower AiS one not showing it at all. My point was that 50 agility alone won't (or rather shouldn't) make a huge difference to individual attacks but when coupled with a max ring it very well might.

You didn't die until the end of both of those logs, with the higher AiS one showing that you lost the rune and the lower AiS one not showing it at all. My point was that 50 agility alone won't (or rather shouldn't) make a huge difference to individual attacks but when coupled with a max ring it very well might.
    No, it won't.

Situation: Switching Malicious Censer with Mirror of the Blademaster.

Malicious Censer gives 1444 agility on its proc.
    Mirror gives 478 Agility

That's almost a 1k difference in Agility. The difference in burst between trinkets in raw damage is 10-15k (Aimed Shot), under the same circumstances. There's just no way 50 agility can make up for 50k damage when 1k doesnt do half of it.

Well, you also didn't have the food buff on the lower AiS log, so can you remember having a flask up?

Well, you also didn't have the food buff on the lower AiS log, so can you remember having a flask up?
    That's most likely a Log bug. I had food, flask and augments all the tries.

In the first log, your 1 of your Stampede pets got meleed by Archimonde on pull. Whenever a Stampede pet dies, you lose Lone Wolf buff(+30% to Aimed, Chimaera and Steady) until Stampede ends.

Make sure you aren't pulling before the pull timer ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    In the first log, your 1 of your Stampede pets got meleed by Archimonde on pull. Whenever a Stampede pet dies, you lose Lone Wolf buff(+30% to Aimed, Chimaera and Steady) until Stampede ends.

Good catch and a useful tip for many hunters that probably do not know that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

And this can be it.

Thank you man, I'll be sure to spread knowledge about this.

And curse you Vlozard, for not fixing such bugs.