Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Been looking at the map on that, on the snow mountain island, in the town on the north coast, is a sort of zen garden looking thing with a tower like the Tin Tower.
    Also : Snow mountain island = Ice Gym (again...) confirmed. (God I hope not)

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, an enormous tree; bigger than any other tree on that map. Maybe another legendary's domain?

- - - Updated - - -

The left most island (with the canyons) definitely looks like it's the island with ancient civilization vibes. There is only one town on it by the looks of it, and even then that town is on a boardwalk - almost like they don't want to build on the island itself.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ah i forgot about multiscale

well both are stupid, like always. XY legs ability were also bad
    With them supposedly being "new" abilities, I wonder if there will be any secondary effect to them or if they're just that clueless. Clear Body + fire immunity and Multiscale + dark immunity would be fitting for them.

But not getting my hopes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think the white structure in the middle of the ocean is the Pokemon League.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Also, an enormous tree; bigger than any other tree on that map. Maybe another legendary's domain?
    I don't know, I already have a hard time finding a place where the two main Legendaries could be (especially Lunala)

Here is the best image of the map : https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...08069510_o.jpg
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-06-02 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    In Gengar's case "I'm gonna fucking haunt your arse..."
    each mon has it's own type of revenge

I'm most interested by the northern city on the big island that is surrounded by the giant stone wall.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/statu...62684245200896

For anyone craving more, they will be at E3.
    Last edited by Romeothecat; 2016-06-02 at 02:07 PM.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

I personally think the white structure in the middle of the ocean is the Pokemon League.
    If so what about Victory Road ?

On the website, they say that Alola is formed of 4 natural islands and 1 man-made island, what if the white structure is this island but it's bigger and underwater and we just see the access point.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    If it's not annoying in the game, it will be in the anime.
    don't care about the anime, just watching once in a while

10+ Year Old Account
    I probaly missed some detail. Map doesnt look that small if you add lots of caves. And forest areas are probaly instanced, so 2-3 times the size of map.

Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    That is so much stuff to theorize about....I can't even *white girls out*

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Legendary Psyhic/steel...immune to debuffs...kinda OP.
    It's banned in competitive so balancing isn't a problem when it comes to legendaries; they're supposed to be OP for PvE.

The first trailers show that the starting area is actually

http://shrani.si/f/2l/rF/j82FoGh/2/theo2.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Character Bio:

Proffesor getting hit by a pokemon.....doesnt this sound a bit familiar like Ash mega evolution?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's banned in competitive so balancing isn't a problem when it comes to legendaries; they're supposed to be OP for PvE.
    What kind of competitive are we talking about here ?
    Because in VGC : Xerneas, Yveltal, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza would like a word with you.
    And in Smogon format, well you can still play Uber, and some Legendaries are played in other formats (though the main ones are all Uber)

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    What kind of competitive are we talking about here ?
    Because in VGC : Xerneas, Yveltal, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza would like a word with you.
    And in Smogon format, well you can still play Uber, and some Legendaries are played in other formats (though the main ones are all Uber)
    I'm not talking about non-standard competitive modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm not talking about non-standard competitive modes.
    For Nintendo and Game Freak standard is VGC, since it's the only one with a real "official" competitive scene.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    For Nintendo and Game Freak standard is VGC, since it's the only one with a real "official" competitive scene.
    Um... the standard ranked mode built into the game? The one you don't need to sign up for a tourney to join...

- - - Updated - - -

If they were concerned with the VGC, then don't worry; they'll introduce Pokemon or abilities that can help counter it (Mold breaker, anyone?)

In the middle of the west section of this map, you can see what appears to be the resort/hotel that was first seen in the initial concept art.