Thread: Man Cave Ideas

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I lived in my house for years with nothing hanging on the wall other than a clock lol, I let her decorate it however she wanted as long as it didn't look like my grandmother lived there. I did finally hanging something of my own on the wall, when she bought me a frostmourn...
    Brilliant! Now that's a keeper.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Ah man those are excellent ideas! I definitely love the sword idea. That would look so great if I could do it properly.
    Buy real bear furs as carpets if you do swords
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah man those are excellent ideas! I definitely love the sword idea. That would look so great if I could do it properly.

- - - Updated - - -

I have 3 swords and 2 daggers on the walls in my room. Adds a nice medieval touch to the room. Also a large ancient Greek wall carving of a warrior in a chariot being pulled by 2 horses. I love history too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Set up a forge, make your own swords in your man cave.

Guests walk past the closed scorched door and hear the hammer chipping away.

Deleted
    I would definitely be getting a bar globe! However, while it's a cool item, you'd sort of have to design the room around it. Since you're putting a sword on the wall and have a decent amount of books, you could go for a sort of victorian study atmosphere... The newer tech, if thought out properly, would fit in quite nicely.

I don’t have any photos, but I’ll describe my man cave…

I built what looks like a really big shed from the outside and a log cabin on the inside. I have 2 tiered theater seating and a 4k big screen, 2 smaller TVs, a wood burning stove, cigar ashtrays, a kegerator, and various nautical themed paintings / wall art.

It started with an argument I had with my wife that she was tired of the basement smelling like cigars after football season. She didn’t want my fantasy football league to watch football in the basement anymore, and said something to the tune of “I don’t care where you guys go, but it’s not going to be in the basement”.

A word of wisdom… when a woman says “I don’t care…” about something, she’s lying. She hates my man cave…
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Buy real bear furs as carpets if you do swords
    Mother of God.

That's an awesome idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I have 3 swords and 2 daggers on the walls in my room. Adds a nice medieval touch to the room. Also a large ancient Greek wall carving of a warrior in a chariot being pulled by 2 horses. I love history too.
    Oh that's pretty damn cool. Where'd you get the carving?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Set up a forge, make your own swords in your man cave.

Guests walk past the closed scorched door and hear the hammer chipping away.
    I could see myself being a blacksmith. Get them big ol forearms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
    I would definitely be getting a bar globe! However, while it's a cool item, you'd sort of have to design the room around it. Since you're putting a sword on the wall and have a decent amount of books, you could go for a sort of victorian study atmosphere... The newer tech, if thought out properly, would fit in quite nicely.
    Hmm never heard of a bar globe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    I don’t have any photos, but I’ll describe my man cave…

I built what looks like a really big shed from the outside and a log cabin on the inside. I have 2 tiered theater seating and a 4k big screen, 2 smaller TVs, a wood burning stove, cigar ashtrays, a kegerator, and various nautical themed paintings / wall art.

It started with an argument I had with my wife that she was tired of the basement smelling like cigars after football season. She didn’t want my fantasy football league to watch football in the basement anymore, and said something to the tune of “I don’t care where you guys go, but it’s not going to be in the basement”.

A word of wisdom… when a woman says “I don’t care…” about something, she’s lying. She hates my man cave…
    Hahah that's brilliant.

How big of a shed is it to accommodate all of that?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the Blizzard keynote posters in chronological order hanged in the wall, it gives my cave a nice touch. Also got (as other people have mentioned) a couple swords including Anduril from LOTR and room reserved for King Llane's sword that should be arriving soon

Weapons in a wall are a sure win I think.

My brother built himself a forge a couple years back, he's been learning swordsmithing and has made a couple axes and polearms too, his mancave is like a furnance, everything is handmade by him, even the freaking door.
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2016-06-02 at 02:26 PM.

Kegrator is a must, thats one thing me and my mate are building now (were moving into a new place as a two and essentially making the lounge a man cave)
    Pool table if room provides,
    One old arcade / slot machine,

Then what ever your decorations are, we're doing sci fi / fantasy so got star trek / wars / galatica / twd etc. merchandise

We'e also both ordered a fair few loot crate clearence boxs and hoping to get some lewt from that to put up

You can buy this moose head off ebay for $1500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moose-Head-s...-/191885225320

Nothing says "man" like trophies of your kills.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    My husband and I talked about the notion before. His reply was essentially that having a mancave would be redundant to the majority of how the house is already...

He noted things like:
    - All the TVs are connected to a plethora of gaming consoles already.
    - We have erotic fantasy/anime art (of varying types and kinds), essentially, throughout the entire house.
    - The walls of most of the house are already adorned with things like medieval/fantasy weapons.
    - We keep a large stock of alcohols and mixers at the bar in the kitchen, already.

So, meh... Apparently we don't really need one as the majority of the house is already guy-approved.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    My husband and I talked about the notion before. His reply was essentially that having a mancave would be redundant to the majority of how the house is already...

He noted things like:
    - We have erotic fantasy/anime art (of varying types and kinds), essentially, throughout the entire house.
    - The walls of most of the house are already adorned with things like medieval/fantasy weapons.
    - We keep a large stock of alcohols and mixers at the bar in the kitchen, already.

So, meh... Apparently we don't really need one as the majority of the house is already guy-approved.
    Or he's afraid of asking you for a room full of My Little Pony and Barbie toys. Men like to play with dolls too you know.

I know I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the wife and I are big hockey fans our basement has a display of the pucks from each of the arenas we have been too as well as framed jerseys of the Captain from each of those teams.

When I was doing plumbing years back I worked on a house that had an actual movie theater in the basement complete with its very own popcorn cart. It was pretty awesome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    Or he's afraid of asking you for a room full of My Little Pony and Barbie toys. Men like to play with dolls too you know.

I know I do.
    Actually, we have a stand-up curio cabinet for all of our figures and collectibles. That and we also load up some of the bookshelves with such things as well.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, we have a stand-up curio cabinet for all of our figures and collectibles. That and we also load up some of the bookshelves with such things as well.
    In that case, your house has my seal of approval. It must be heaven

Think about your buddies, those are who you want to impress (even if you do not admit it or did not consciously think about it).
    The only two reasons to have a "man cave" is for your hobbies and to spend time with other men in there...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    In that case, your house has my seal of approval. It must be heaven
    We're still aiming on getting things for the house.

For example, we are hoping to soon get crouching dragon coffee table as well as a second curio cabinet since we're a bit overstocked on figurines.
    ~~ ~~

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Oh that's pretty damn cool. Where'd you get the carving?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was Hobby Lobby. I also have several Celtic crosses I display. All reproductions of course. Some I have bought at local festivals and some at Hobby Lobby. The main problem with Hobby Lobby is, they can have some stuff for only a short time and they never replace it with another exact item when the one is sold out. Like the carving I got there years ago. Have not seen any thing like it there since.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-06-02 at 04:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

You can buy this moose head off ebay for $1500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moose-Head-s...-/191885225320

Nothing says "man" like trophies of your kills.
    Yea... the flip side to that though is - nothing says, "poser" like buying your kills off eBay
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    He noted things like:

I like you more and more.