Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone tell me how BM (and maybe even MM) solo capability is? In WoD I'm used to having a tenacity pet with a glyphed mend pet and spirit bond, making it a god amongst mere mortals (world NPC's, no matter how many). I understand the glyph and spirit bond are gone and mend pet is a 10sec duration 25%(right?) heal. If specced tenacity, is hunter solo-ing still strong in Legion or did we take a significant hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Can anyone tell me how BM (and maybe even MM) solo capability is? In WoD I'm used to having a tenacity pet with a glyphed mend pet and spirit bond, making it a god amongst mere mortals (world NPC's, no matter how many). I understand the glyph and spirit bond are gone and mend pet is a 10sec duration 25%(right?) heal. If specced tenacity, is hunter solo-ing still strong in Legion or did we take a significant hit?
    You'll feel the loss of Adaption and mend pet's nerf, especially your lack of good CC, but I haven't found a mob I haven't been able to tackle yet with some thought and preparation. It's not as easy as it is in WoD where we can trap one mob, and spam MD on our pet, but generally death is only if you really, REALLY screw up.

Deleted
    soloing as bm is very easy but you have to take care of hati, if he dies you have a 2 min respawn debuff. mm needs some talents and still with the right talents its behind bm

nothing comes close to a tank tho, as always

I hope BM will be a low dps spec. Otherwise raiders will be forced to choose this spec as it by far the most mobile one (besides being the most simple one as well).

Do we have any glyph for mend pet on Beta?

Also I'm really upset that we lost Spirit Bond and got Exhilaration baseline instead. Would love to see talent that changes Exhilaration to Spirit Bond in 45 tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Hunter soloing is definitely a shadow of its former self in Legion thus far. If you're leveling and questing you won't have too much trouble, but if you're planning on tackling more challenging content like T17 raids and up you'll definitely notice the changes. Our self healing potency due to how spirit bond has changed is weaker, we also have lost infinite misdirection which hurts a lot. Pet CDs like shell shield and spirit mend are still in; but across the board our past soloing capabilities were much stronger. I've had an opportunity to go in and test out our capabilities in most of T17 (T18 was bugged when I tried to start Hellfire Assault last time RIP) but I haven't written any updated information about hunter soloing in case additional significant changes are made before Legion goes live. As the clock is winding down towards Legion I don't predict any significant changes towards BM so I may potentially write a changes guide to soloing for Legion beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteNightKnight View Post
    Do we have any glyph for mend pet on Beta?

Also I'm really upset that we lost Spirit Bond and got Exhilaration baseline instead. Would love to see talent that changes Exhilaration to Spirit Bond in 45 tier.
    Glyphs have been removed in legion entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot- View Post
    Glyphs have been removed in legion entirely.
    wait what? I thought there would be glyphs applied directly to skills, no?

P.S. ok I did some research on wowhead, seems like these glyphs are cosmetic only
    Last edited by EliteNightKnight; 2016-06-02 at 02:55 PM.

wait what? I thought there would be glyphs applied directly to skills, no?
    Major glyphs have been removed (not baked into abilities/skills), minor glyphs have been overhauled into purely cosmetic use. Here is a full list of minor glyphs. http://legion.wowhead.com/items=16.3

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot- View Post
    Major glyphs have been removed (not baked into abilities/skills), minor glyphs have been overhauled into purely cosmetic use. Here is a full list of minor glyphs. http://legion.wowhead.com/items=16.3
    At least we have glyph to make pet smaller...

Did you try to solo group world quest in Legion? Is it possible with BM hunter?

I did some world quests in Alpha and tbh it depends on the particular mob. BM has more trouble with unavoidable AoE dmg, and super fast pet deaths than MM since MM has a better Exhilaration and Black Arrow is excellent when you just need a disposable pet. All in all currently I find MM better for soloing Legion content that actually threatens your pet ( which is a lot of the elite quest mobs) because Black Arrow's utility allowing mend pet to come off cd, or buy time to cast revive pet is really high in this situation. And as BM so much of your DPS is tied to your pet and Hati and there's a good chance if your pet dies Hati is right after, and you can't just revive pet Hati.

I expect with so pet survivability related BM artifact traits this might change a couple months into legion, but as a fresh 110 I found MM better for soloing elites.

Quote Originally Posted by kemistra View Post
    crit mastery better than crit haste imo. and i cant believe how people blatantly are crying around. the go to hunter specc in wod for the last tier was boring af and now we got bm as the obvious specc it seems and everybody is complaining about how boring and shite it is?

bm played right does a truckload of dmg on mythic+
    if you dont wanna get bored by your rotation go and play another game...
    It's beta. Numbers are meaningless at this point. What's concerning is the gameplay, or lack thereof. What do I care if I'm doing a truckload of dmg on mythic+ on the beta if I'm falling asleep while playing it and I can't hit anything because of lack of focus? Taking BM from a fast, GCD capped playstyle to slow energy without combo points is like removing dots from aff. It's such a total change that of course people are unhappy, because that doesn't fit how the spec has played for year and years and years.

ETA: Many of us complaining didn't play MM as the "go-to" spec in HFC. I always play BM regardless of what the flavor of the month is. So yes, it suddenly becoming a snoozefest is a major issue and my complaining isn't hypocritical at all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like BM whatever happens with it. I like mobility, I like to play solo in openworld and killing elites without wasting time on making group or tryharding/kiting.

Yes, I still think BM needs some adjustments (2 stacks on beast/frenzy and probably lower cost/dmg on cobra shot to fill some gaps in rotation)
    I am finding on alpha soloing elites is easier as MM with Black Arrow. Even without the reset of killing a mob, there is only a small window with no black arrow pet up. BM pets can die which require a res, where as MM black arrow pet dies you bring it back firing black arrow again.

Edit: Nope, still there.
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2016-06-03 at 03:04 AM.

So is the consensus that BM might be the top raiding spec for Hunters because of the 20% increased damage from BW?

How I predict people will play BM.

1. Buy a mechanical keyboard with macro capabilities.
    2. Create a macro that will spam cast Dire Beast/BW
    3. Watch Game of Thrones on a second monitor while you mindlessly mash KC and CS
    Last edited by ThrowAwayForAReason; 2016-06-03 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowAwayForAReason View Post
    So is the consensus that BM might be the top raiding spec for Hunters because of the 20% increased damage from BW?

How I predict people will play BM.

1. Buy a mechanical keyboard with macro capabilities.
    2. Create a macro that will spam cast Dire Beast/BW
    3. Watch Game of Thrones on a second monitor while you mindlessly mash KC and CS
    Why not include KC and CS in the macro? Then you'd only need one monitor and still top the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Why not include KC and CS in the macro? Then you'd only need one monitor and still top the charts.
    You know what. You make a great point.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Don't forget Chimaera Shot!

I'm already doing this with a Logitech mouse. Only a few skills remain un-macro'd, such as Aspect of the Wild and Exhilaration. Multi-Shot also has its own button.

You guys are so pro here, you must be killed Mythic Archi on second week of progress did you? And never fucked up lasers on Archi and never fucked up seeds of corruption on Zakuun and never died on Tyrant and never been dropped from platform on Mannoroth. You are probably so pro hunters that on Mythic Animus in TotT you tanked 2 golems and never fucked up too. I would like to know the spot on which your guilds ended up it the progress ''race''.

Doing quests and doing Mythic progress is a different things. If you snoozing during this fights then do your raids a favour - comment a fight, call for raid saves, announce all the timers and other stuff. Or maybe you are raiding in Heroic mode? Then what the fuck are you talking about here? You can do Heroic without any talents and it's not the end game. The end game is not about super challenging ''rotation'', it's about challenging mechanics on the encounter and raid coordination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    You guys are so pro here, you must be killed Mythic Archi on second week of progress did you? And never fucked up lasers on Archi and never fucked up seeds of corruption on Zakuun and never died on Tyrant and never been dropped from platform on Mannoroth. You are probably so pro hunters that on Mythic Animus in TotT you tanked 2 golems and never fucked up too. I would like to know the spot on which your guilds ended up it the progress ''race''.

Doing quests and doing Mythic progress is a different things. If you snoozing during this fights then do your raids a favour - comment a fight, call for raid saves, announce all the timers and other stuff. Or maybe you are raiding in Heroic mode? Then what the fuck are you talking about here? You can do Heroic without any talents and it's not the end game. The end game is not about super challenging ''rotation'', it's about challenging mechanics on the encounter and raid coordination.
    What the hell are you even talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    What the hell are you even talking about.
    I am talking that 95% of people complaining on game being too easy are not even doing ''hard stuff'' in this game. I know you are a high end raider, Kisstehbaby, i could understand your salt, but not others. Like, there is a guy on mage forums, he have ~10k posts, always throwing shit on Blizzard about mage mechanics and now bad the class is. I checked his armory and there is 0 mythic bosses killed. This is not right. It's silly to discuss mechanics outside of raids encounters.
    Last edited by Ifritlol; 2016-06-04 at 07:10 AM.