Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So can someone explain how this happen to me in Timewalking Dungeons.

I was doing a TW about 1hr ago and we was doing UP. Well we get to the first boss pulled said boss then the monk tank 1shot it.

Here is the dps from that fight

Somehow our tanks spirit eruption hit for 619k. The fight lasted about 3-5sec's.

If I need to mark out the names say so and ill re-upload the pic.

Edit: He left after the boss kill.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-02 at 06:01 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

He probably hit a critter with the buff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lixion View Post
    This. The damage bonus to old world stuff still works on critters (for whatever reason), I always like to pad in Black Morass and shoot snakes and shit on my hunter. In this case that huge damage got baked into Soul Capacitor.

I'd say be happy about him making your run faster/easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lixion View Post
    The legendary ring proc is 1% in timewalking so this is pretty unlikely.

My math might be wrong on this, but I think he would have had to hit that critter for 6.2 billion damage for the timewalking ring explosion to do 620k damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    I'd say be happy about him making your run faster/easier.
    He did and didn't. Once he killed the boss he left.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post

My math might be wrong on this, but I think he would have had to hit that critter for 6.2 billion damage for the timewalking ring explosion to do 620k damage.
    That's not the ring explosion, it's Soul Capacitor.

The thing is it couldn't be the ring. I searched up the effect and it seems this item provides it.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=124225/s...acitor&bonus=0

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    That's not the ring explosion, it's Soul Capacitor.
    Oh, my bad. But I'm assuming that the trinket also scales to some stupidly low % in timewalking, so he would probably still have had to hit the critter for a few billion damage to get that kind of proc.

10+ Year Old Account

Spirit Eruption is from the Soul Capacitor trinket, not legendary ring.

Last I remember the Spirit Eruption proc is approximately 101% of damage dealt (so also just a 1% increase), so if he did 620k to a critter it would explode for 620k.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, my bad. But I'm assuming that the trinket also scales to some stupidly low % in timewalking, so he would probably still have had to hit the critter for a few billion damage to get that kind of proc.
    It absorbs and explodes for 101% of damage, so it really is worthless, doing only 1% extra damage at the risk of popping at the wrong time. It is completely pathetic in time walking, aside from this freak occasion.

ill have a video uploaded in a moment for you guys to see it.

Here is the video, This was recorded on my stream.

I knew you were dumb before but this just clarifies it lol.

Did you see when the monk torpedoes away? he went to kill a critter for the soul capacitor.

You cannot use the dps ring as a tank

Get good.

Your behavior throughout this thread is over the line. Rein it in- please don't be as hostile and insulting towards other users, and keep discussion constructive. -Daetur
    Last edited by Daetur; 2016-06-02 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    ill have a video uploaded in a moment for you guys to see it.

Here is the video, This was recorded on my stream.

I guess the critter thing was correct then, it looks like he kills a couple of critters in the corner before the boss dies.

He went and murdered a critter with the trinket up, the explosion then hit the boss and oneshot it.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I knew you were dumb before but this just clarifies it lol.

Did you see when the monk torpedoes away? he went to kill a critter for the soul capacitor.

You cannot use the dps ring as a tank

Get good.
    Clearly you are the idiot because I never said he used the dps ring...

I guess the critter thing was correct then, it looks like he kills a couple of critters in the corner before the boss dies.
    Must be cause I couldn't even tell he killed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    He went and murdered a critter with the trinket up, the explosion then hit the boss and oneshot it.
    So it seems even watching the video I can't tell there was a critter there. That still seems a bit OP IMO.

Don't flame back
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-06-02 at 08:25 PM.

Clearly you are the idiot because I never said he used the dps ring...

- - - Updated - - -

Must be cause I couldn't even tell he killed something.

- - - Updated - - -

So it seems even watching the video I can't tell there was a critter there. That still seems a bit OP IMO.
    Regardless of whether or not you said he used the tank ring, spirit eruption is on your recount.
    For you to not understand why it did what it did means well, you need to get good.

Regardless of whether or not you said he used the tank ring, spirit eruption is on your recount.
    For you to not understand why it did what it did means well, you need to get good.
    Yes I seen that spirit eruption was on there and didn't know how it triggered so hard.

All you seem to want to do is just be a douche. Believe it or not but not everybody knows everything about WoW and its items. Even more so when its related to classes someone doesn't play.

But that's enough of this banter with you.

Yes I seen that spirit eruption was on there and didn't know how it triggered so hard.

All you seem to want to do is just be a douche. Believe it or not but not everybody knows everything about WoW and its items. Even more so when its related to classes someone doesn't play.

But that's enough of this banter with you.
    So you admit that you need to get good? cool.

he's only done normal mode, people doing that probably can't even understand how the trinket works.

Sounds like you need to get good ... Manners and attitude towards others. You are the toxicity that is killing the subscriber numbers epitomized. If you don't know how to play nice in a forum when someone is asking honestly for others input, maybe you need a nap and a cookie so you aren't an ass to others. You need to 'get good'.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory