Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like this game more since i find "disable chat option". *shrug*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You misunderstand. I don't care either way. You are still a dork. You were probably a dork in school and now have become an adult dork who can't move beyond his childhood of being a dork.

Damaged goods. We get it. Thanks for sharing.
    If I witnessed this IRL I would have went on to buy you a beer. (after you beat him up a little of course).
    Thank you for saying what (I am guessing) quite a lot of people think.

Tend to ignore most of it considering it's usually the people fucking about that are raging. Like, that guy who plays Widowmaker the whole match when it has zero use.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    You do realize you're posting on a forum dedicated to World of Warcraft? You're hardly exempt from being a dork. Any way all Im getting from this is that you aint very good at this thinking business and just insult people when you get upset?
    What a terrible fallacy, dork != one who plays video games.

You have a terrible time of misunderstanding things, a running theme it appears.

Like I said, the sooner you move on from your generic dork rage the sooner people will forget about it. However to truly address the problem you need to let go of your past. You are telegraphing your inner issues terribly in this thread.

I usually ignore the shit out of it, or /report if it's very serious. However, the chat in LoL was SO toxic that I closed the game and never returned. It was as if all those years of building up a thick skin came crumbling down in minutes...XD

Just about everyone is toxic on some level. Hell, many strive to be the best simply so they can shit on others; not because they're genuinely enjoying themselves and that was the end result. It's the e-sport era. Where your dick size is dependent on your KtD ratio and the number of your Twitch followers. I find everything about competitive gaming to be toxic, personally, and the downfall of a glorious, bygone era when people played just to play. Not to prove themselves in some irrelevant manner.

Right now I am having the problem where I stream and use an outside voip group to get organized games when I can but it seems like a lot of young guys (between 20 and 30 I am guessing) swear every other word and call everyone and everything 'ni@@er', which is not only something I don't want in my stream but a word I personally won't use and don't want people in my stream hearing. OSX records everything I can hear and I havent figured out how to make ts3 unhearable on my stream if I think my team mates swear too much.

I mean I get it, for young people swearing is their way of expressing their personal freedom and saying 'fuck' every three words is an attempt to make what you personally are saying to have more wieght and importance, but to people beyond that stage it is a sign of the complete opposite of what you are attempting to portray about yourself. It gets kind of stupid when a 10 second sentence becomes 60 seconds long because of all the "God damn fuckin", "I was fuckin walking down the fuckin street and this god damn fuckin guy comes fuckin up to me and god damn fuckin says to get out of his fuckin way and I am fuckin like, I aint gettin off the god damn fuckin sidewalk so why don't you get the fuck off the god damn fuckin street?"

Git gud or get flamed. That's the law of online gaming.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Just about everyone is toxic on some level. Hell, many strive to be the best simply so they can shit on others; not because they're genuinely enjoying themselves and that was the end result. It's the e-sport era. Where your dick size is dependent on your KtD ratio and the number of your Twitch followers. I find everything about competitive gaming to be toxic, personally, and the downfall of a glorious, bygone era when people played just to play. Not to prove themselves in some irrelevant manner.
    I find a lot of people who want to be recognised as skilled go toxic to bring attention to themselves, the ideal is that being toxic draws attention easily and they can't tell if you are good unless they are paying attention in the first place, so being toxic is the hallmark of being elite. Thing is in this game actions speak louder than words and the only way you show you are amazing is by actually being amazing. No reason to be toxic because the game play says all about you.

It is also why I like watching Seagull on twitch, not only is he highly skilled but he doesn't bitch about his random team mates all day (he queues up with 1 person he knows) and he is very laid back and positive in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I find a lot of people who want to be recognised as skilled go toxic to bring attention to themselves, the ideal is that being toxic draws attention easily and they can't tell if you are good unless they are paying attention in the first place, so being toxic is the hallmark of being elite. Thing is in this game actions speak louder than words and the only way you show you are amazing is by actually being amazing. No reason to be toxic because the game play says all about you.

It is also why I like watching Seagull on twitch, not only is he highly skilled but he doesn't bitch about his random team mates all day (he queues up with 1 person he knows) and he is very laid back and positive in every game.
    I think you're just born like that myself. Everyone has an inherent disposition. It takes me a lot of work to remain cool and simply accept things as they are. ...So take note; when I'm being reasonable, giving caveats, admitting guilt, and trying to work through things - I'm actually putting a bit of effort into it. :P

Talking shit is just how games(irl and on the internet) are. They're competitive. If you can't handle someone shit talking you, I suggest you just stop playing games all together.

I wish this "toxic" meme would die, people need to learn how to take shit and dish it back instead of being a pussy about it.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Right click name -> block

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Talking shit is just how games(irl and on the internet) are. They're competitive. If you can't handle someone shit talking you, I suggest you just stop playing games all together.

I wish this "toxic" meme die, people need to learn how to take shit and dish it back instead of being a pussy about it.
    Sorry, the rest of the world isn't super-edgy like you are, feeling the need to get super-salty and spew swears at people, over a videogame.

Your post here is a very good example of the toxic "meme".

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Sorry, the rest of the world isn't super-edgy like you are, feeling the need to get super-salty and spew swears at people, over a videogame.

Your post here is a very good example of the toxic "meme".
    you just used two buzzwords and you think your opinion matters

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    you just used two buzzwords and you think your opinion matters
    Nice counterargument.

Welcome to the ignore list, toxic forum user.

Quote Originally Posted by nihila View Post
    Hey guys,

I always had troubles in dealing with free insults on every game I played. Generally, this is what makes me stop a game (happened for WoW, LoL, Smite, mostly competitive and "big" games where there is a toxic community). It often prevented me from playing competitive modes (like arenas) and I am worried the same will happen for Overwatch.

Even if I mute the player, it is too late. I will remember what he said, even if I know it is not true, at some point in the future. Hopefully, this does not last for weeks and does not happen too often. Am I the only one remembering this kind of things for days?

How do you usually deal with it?

Thanks.
    You need to get thicker skin and stop getting butt hurt when the mean internet tough guys hurt your feelings. There is no way to avoid it. Even pro players get slammed from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Nice counterargument.

Welcome to the ignore list, toxic forum user.
    prime example of someone who shouldn't be on the internet right here.

What a terrible fallacy, caring about bullying != one who was bullied.

If anyone is projecting here it's you getting so defensive because someone doesn't agree with you. I mean keep spouting trash and making assumptions about me if that's what gets you through you day i guess. But it sounds like you have some issues around bullying you need to work through.
    Ah the classic, "No u" argument. Well played. You win I guess.

Well I mean you weren't really arguing just trying to undermine what i said by implying i was victim of bullying.

Seeya trash.
    Well, bye.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I don't play games that mostly children play is how I avoid most of it.
    Keep tellin yourself that buddy. The truth of the matter is that most older people don't game as a hobby. Its a relatively new thing. You are gaming with kids and people up to the age of around 35 TOPS. There is always an exception here or there but for the most part the gaming community is a young community. You are out of your mind if you think you're playing any game on this planet without kids alongside of you. Most of the people posting here are weak as cats piss. A little toxicity is absolutely fine, the world is far too soft now. Its a rite of passage in the gaming world. Everyone cops it at some stage on some game. Man up.

When i play i am too focused to game so i wont care what shit is in chat. Normally if i see someone try to teach me how to play i say 'F..k you'.