Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

I wonder where they'll play this at other than Stormwind?
    Oooo I actually like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

I wonder where they'll play this at other than Stormwind?
    I don't know but it is beautiful!

Eerily sad, which I guess is fitting.

Maybe it'll be played at the unveiling of the Varian's memorial on a quest, or something like that (that's still in SW, but wtv).
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2016-06-02 at 10:52 PM.

Basically, this is Draenor. When we go back to what we believe is our timeline its not actually our timeline. We went to an alternate home! And next expansion we'll have to return to Draenor, except this time it'll be alternate Alternate Draenor and we'll have to deal with Garrosh making better friends with even stronger Ogres and maybe this time Garrisons will be done right. We'll even venture to Goria and shit. The End.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    So if its Mardum does my theory that the planet on the right is Azeroth hold up? Or is that a moon?
    Mardum is in the Twisting Nether IIRC, so no it couldn't be Azeroth.

Edit: so I am wrong about that, so I don't know what that body is.
    Last edited by Enthralled; 2016-06-02 at 10:56 PM.

Deleted
    So if its Mardum does my theory that the planet on the right is Azeroth hold up? Or is that a moon?
    We don't know tremendously much about Mardum lorewise, apart from that it's a planet created by Sargeras as some sort of prison and that it is in the Great Dark Beyond (afaik it moved there from the Twisting Nether because of demonic fel energy or something).
    Funny thing is you can see The Great Dark Beyond also currently ingame from Caverns of Time, and there you see some planets/moons also:

If Mardum is indeed in TGDB, the planets you see could be either Argus, Azeroth, K'aresh, Xerrath, Xoroth or Draenor.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2016-06-02 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    We don't know tremendously much about Mardum lorewise, apart from that it's a planet created by Sargeras as some sort of prison and that it is in the Great Dark Beyond (afaik it moved there from the Twisting Nether because of demonic fel energy or something).
    Funny thing is you can see The Great Dark Beyond also currently ingame from Caverns of Time, and there you see some planets/moons also:

If Mardum is indeed in TGDB, the planets you see could be either Argus, Azeroth, K'aresh, Xerrath, Xoroth or Draenor.
    Or one of the infinite nameless planets
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    You mean the skull that looks nothing like the rylak skull?
    For sure, thought you meant the first skull
    By the way, the other skull is also from a Draenor creature. You can find a lot in Gorgrond and Frostfire Ridge:

(Gorgrond @44.2, 51.9)
    World\Expansion05\Doodads\FrostWindDesert\6fw_bone_skull01.m2

2 Draenor creature skulls, interesting.. or maybe blizz is just being lazy again :P

Deleted
    You guys are blind, the pictures shown from AU draenor are 100% saying that the portal is on draenor. dont you think the legion can build two portal that looks like the same? or is it easier for them to make a moon that looks like draenor's and put two skulls from draenorian creatures to the foreground?... just asking...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inico View Post
    By the way, the other skull is also from a Draenor creature. You can find a lot in Gorgrond and Frostfire Ridge:

(Gorgrond @44.2, 51.9)
    World\Expansion05\Doodads\FrostWindDesert\6fw_bone_skull01.m2
    But I think its pretty clear that they're just skulls used as art resources. They probably chose ones from WoD because they're the most up-to-date and best looking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hombi View Post
    You guys are blind, the pictures shown from AU draenor are 100% saying that the portal is on draenor. dont you think the legion can build two portal that looks like the same? or is it easier for them to make a moon that looks like draenor's and put two skulls from draenorian creatures to the foreground?... just asking...
    There's no portal from Draenor that's a major part of the story, it just doesn't make sense.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted

There's no portal from Draenor that's a major part of the story, it just doesn't make sense.
    none that you know of yet, but then again, they could have reused that moon because it looks nice, just like with the skulls, according to your reasoning

edit: right now everything points towards, that the portal is on draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    Destro Warlock quest Gul'Dan says it is a portal to Argus

Slight spoiler there for ya
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Destro Warlock quest Gul'Dan says it is a portal to Argus

Slight spoiler there for ya
    Gul'dan is talking about the portal at the tomb of sargeras. Not this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    none that you know of yet, but then again, they could have reused that moon because it looks nice, just like with the skulls, according to your reasoning

edit: right now everything points towards, that the portal is on draenor
    They could have and they probably did. Nothing points to the portal being on Draenor because it doesn't fit with the story. Known story trumps the use of random art assets.

Deleted
    Question from a lore noob here, if there are portals between different worlds all over the place, what would stop some random creature from Draenor (e.g. Rylak) from walking/flying through one of these portals? Why would they be exclusively found on one planet if people/demons jump around all the time?
    Also, what would stop some demon / demon hunter / Sargeras from bringing a few skulls from Draenor for their personal skull collection on Mardum?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    What if this portal is located on Argus? What if we're going to travel there?
    With the comments about the Army of the Light fighting a climactic final battle there, I'd be surprised if Argus/Mac'Aree wasn't the final raid/patch zone, but I don't know if this is supposed to be related to that.

Its just a random legion portal. You also see them in the Broken Shore/Mardum.

Deleted
    They could have and they probably did. Nothing points to the portal being on Draenor because it doesn't fit with the story. Known story trumps the use of random art assets.
    http://i.imgur.com/0p8u6XA.jpg

They have never used, something that big for artistic purposes on thier backgrounds, except for maybe vanilla, where the dark portal made no sense to the story

wild guess is its farahlon , (just kidding)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/0p8u6XA.jpg

They have never used, something that big for artistic purposes on thier backgrounds, except for maybe vanilla, where the dark portal made no sense to the story

wild guess is its farahlon , (just kidding)
    None of the other ones barring Vanilla really show the foreground at ground level though, which would explain the lack of any small scale art assets being so visible.

Deleted
    None of the other ones barring Vanilla really show the foreground at ground level though, which would explain the lack of any small scale art assets being so visible.
    that moon is just way to huge to be just an art asset imo, they could have done it like the bc or wod background if it wasnt important, and they could have stick to the old moon, and just recolor it, but no they changed it completly

btw that carving on the left is makes me curious, it looks familiar

and my imaginary is without limits