Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    It would be silly to not have titanforged raid loot. Besides, there's anything official about titanforged - all this information is first hand experience from alpha/beta.
    Actually from what I've heard, raids will not drop titanforged.

It's just world loot and dungeons, along with mythic dungeons.

Right now it goes up to +50 item levels, not 75.

So you're exaggerating saying raid loot can be it for sure and that it's 75..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Fable View Post
    True but in terms of set bonuses and trinkets I will be in lfr praying and hoping.

I have raided mythic in the past but I don't have time to currently my old guild takes me during farm through things and I hope in the coming year my work will go back to set hours so I can raid.

I just never liked lfr as content and was hoping I could bypass it completely. Unless they add tier to mythic I can't see that being the case now.
    Set bonuses are mostly interesting because of the improvements they provide. The same can be achieved through better gear. Do you really want to waste countless hours in LFR to get gear that will probably end up being worse than what you have?

Don't overvalue the set bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    That's not really true. And time != effort. Doing a trivial thing 1000 times is not as difficult as doing a hard thing even once.
    Not as difficult, but more effort. Effort isn't doing something difficult. Effort is doing something. Time alone is not effort. But taking the time and doing something, however trivial, to achieve a goal, is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post
    Did Blizzard get bought out by a Korean company? Cause this is starting to feel like a Korean MMO.

I mean I was so bored with loot this expansion. Gem slots. Warforged. Tertiary Stats. Yawn... boring.

Wait... more random item levels?! Holy shit Batman, I'm hooked now.

Maybe in Legion the last tier will last even longer so we can all thoroughly enjoy the additional fun of more random loot for longer!
    lol nice try, if this were a korean mmo, there'd be a way to spend over 2-3k a month to advance your character further and still have a shit more to buy.

There'd be endgame systems that are added every patch that just pile on and on that costs thousands and thousands of dollars to max, with little room for non-payors to survive.

This is not quite a korean mmo lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Actually from what I've heard, raids will not drop titanforged.
    could you point us to the source, would be appreciated, thanks.

Gearing should have a start and a finish. And new content should come out to replace old gear with new gear...that is the whole point of MMO progression and gear resets every expansion. Do we all agree on this point at least?

Now, the RNG gearing that Blizz is pushing involves no finality or feeling of accomplishment. Furthermore, as the expansion goes on they give you more opportunities to pull the lever. Again no finality or feeling of progression and it points to the fact Legion might be sparse in content just like WoD.

Also, this wrecks the opportunity of playing alts and this is definitely a stupid shift toward Korean MMO design of having to focus on a "main". But even Korean MMO design awards gear based on known loot tables even if they really low or the craft rate success is very low. You still can work towards something slowly over a period of a time or as a guild/clan as Korean MMO are designed to do to pool resources in a teamwork like fashion to build and craft weapons and armor.

What Blizz is pushing is a slot machine that never ends. I am with Asmongold with this...slot machines don't belong in a MMORPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakrath View Post
    could you point us to the source, would be appreciated, thanks.
    The fact that M tf'd raid items would be 950-960?

And they aren't going to do that, I mean sorry, it's just been a lot of the heavy theorycrafters that have pretty much gone to that conclusion, ontop of the reasoning that it is meant to be a reason to keep doing dungeons and world quests after you have full M raid gear.

Sure could it happen, yeah.

Is it likely? No. It's just common sense, to theorycrafters at least. Maybe people genuinely think they'd do that, but most of us consider TF'd a way for them to keep world quests/dungeons relevant after raids.

Adding it to raids would just be completely stupid, because it's literally meant to keep old content relevant, not make a M nighthold trinket bis until you get the M 2nd hold TF'd trinket...

Also it's baleful/mythic dungeon vs 2.0, baleful could be wf'd up for like 40-50 ilvls right? And mythic dungeons in wod could go up like 40-50 ilvls as well...right?

It's the same as live, why would they add that to raids now.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2016-06-03 at 01:27 AM.

The fact that M tf'd raid items would be 950-960?

And they aren't going to do that, I mean sorry, it's just been a lot of the heavy theorycrafters that have pretty much gone to that conclusion, ontop of the reasoning that it is meant to be a reason to keep doing dungeons and world quests after you have full M raid gear.

Sure could it happen, yeah.

Is it likely? No. It's just common sense, to theorycrafters at least. Maybe people genuinely think they'd do that, but most of us consider TF'd a way for them to keep world quests/dungeons relevant after raids.

Adding it to raids would just be completely stupid, because it's literally meant to keep old content relevant, not make a M nighthold trinket bis until you get the M 2nd hold TF'd trinket...
    The fact that titanforged will be higher than a player can obtain (gear )that is 2k rated in arena for example shows yes it is entirely possible. Remember they said they are okay with legendaries being used in raiding down the line, so it is clear they have little regard for crazy scaling of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The fact that titanforged will be higher than a player can obtain (gear )that is 2k rated in arena for example shows yes it is entirely possible. Remember they said they are okay with legendaries being used in raiding down the line, so it is clear they have little regard for crazy scaling of gear.
    See the edit on my post, it's the SAME system that is part of baleful and mythic dungeons...

No difference.

baleful is 650...can go 45 ilvls higher

Mythic dungeons are 680, can go 45 ilvls higher....

M archimonde is 740, can go 6 ilvls higher, not 45.

Why would it suddenly change for legion....?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think you missed the part where higher difficulty content will provide better chances at the higher level gear. So while it is theoretically possible to get it from LFR, it's pretty unlikely to actually happen. Mythic + is still going to be your best bet if you can't commit to a raiding schedule.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not complaining that you don't have to put in the effort. He's complaining about them being able to get it at all. The way the system works, they still have to earn the gear by putting in a lot more time than the more skilled people playing higher level content.
    Thank you, it's refreshing to see people do understand the divide with gear/effort/availability. It's been "raid or die" for so damn long that the purpose of doing ANY content for the sake of content has been forgotten. At least now with parallel progression we ALL can do content without dealing with doing the content for the gear for the sake of the gear?
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

See the edit on my post, it's the SAME system that is part of baleful and mythic dungeons...

No difference.

baleful is 650...can go 45 ilvls higher

Mythic dungeons are 680, can go 45 ilvls higher....

M archimonde is 740, can go 6 ilvls higher, not 45.

Why would it suddenly change for legion....?
    You can't compare WoD to Legion and yes they are changing it with titanforged gear.

Personally, I like the idea of Titanforged. I am gonna play so much in Legion I'm gonna fuckin' die at my chair. Send help!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't compare WoD to Legion and yes they are changing it with titanforged gear.
    Okay well when it's not in raids, ill just make sure I come back and say "told ya so"

Okay well when it's not in raids, ill just make sure I come back and say "told ya so"
    I will happy to be wrong if that is true but with the B team in charge of legion anything is possible.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    This is concerning. If these Titanforged items will drop in raids on any difficulty, it will alienate "skilled casuals" who have no time to nolife farm them. Guilds with 2-3 raid days will hate scheduling raids to farm long-overgeared difficulties for a chance of +50 drop, that's insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait to need a math degree to figure out which gear is better.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, we need a fifth modifier to gear, Lootforged.

Depending on your situation, besides being better, Lootforged gear would allow you to keep a Mythic + keystone for longer than normal and at the same level after failures, hire a gnome or goblin to pilot your character through LFR or LFD, allow another kill of the boss on Normal or Heroic to drop another item without a coin, or allow you to get that one item off the Mythic boss you just downed without spending any DKP or ignoring other player's /rolls.

Sorry, PVP players - nothing for you. Other than a chance for your new horse/wolf mount to be Lootforged and provide 50% extra gold from carrying others in Arena/RBG's.

If an item is Warforged Titanforged Socketed Tertiary-Stat-ed Lootforged BiS, the player is automatically mailed a winning lottery ticket, lightning strike insurance, shark repellent and 15 minutes of fame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I really wish that instead of this RNG garbage, they'd let us break down duplicate drops for upgrades or mats to turn in for item slots we don't have, in the same way hearthstone lets you burn duplicate cards for dust.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-06-03 at 07:17 AM.

They can make non raiding gear progression relevant again through the badge system which they apparently abandoned for some unknown reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Blame blizzard for making that more and more the case. Best in slot is becoming less about being the "best" gear and more the only gear with something approaching the right stats. Then you compound the problem by making the real bis a triple lightning strike of drop-warforged-socket. Making the lucky player's drops outright and just plain better is never a good thing, and now we're looking at another layer?

I also miss when gear was exactly that. When the closest thing to rng was seeing who in your guild was running the blacksmith bonus sockets
    Like class design, they've just obviously got the wrong people in the job of sorting out the gearing systems.

It takes a special kind of stupidity to remove reforging, tell everyone its because secondaries are going to be more even, and then give every spec an "attunement" stat that's better by default! What's worse is that they took out several enchantments, gems became rare and that left a bigger hole when something that didn't have your attuned stat dropped. Personal loot then, naturally, exasperated the problem because you could no longer trade stuff you didn't want or need.

If gear is going to be your sole reward mechanism, as it almost is these days, you'd better be sure you get it right.

Sadly, once again, they're off in the wrong direction. They're doing this because, cynically, they're trying to do nothing other than stretch out content that they're no longer interested in providing more of.

They can make non raiding gear progression relevant again through the badge system which they apparently abandoned for some unknown reason.
    Filthy casuals were getting nice gear by means other than rock-hard raids. Sounds dismissive, but that's roughly the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Filthy casuals were getting nice gear by means other than rock-hard raids. Sounds dismissive, but that's roughly the reason.
    I always appreciated the fact that badge/valor gear existed. As a raider it pissed me off when I had to cap on top of raiding at the beginning of each tier but still I think it was a good system. Something non raiders could work towards, they'd get the second best iLvl gear in the game although a lot slower than raiders.

Putting in the time required will always make the rewards feel more rewarding than just pulling a lever and hoping the RNG gods smile down upon you in my opinion. For example running mythic dungeons in WOD, all those 685 pieces don't even register in your mind. I think it would be better to have them not drop at all and once in a while you'd get a 720 piece of loot and you'd actually get excited when you did.