Thread: So. Xavius.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So. Xavius.

I haven't read into any of the lore for Legion, but I'm curious. Wasn't he handled in Stormrage?

Deleted
    Since when do "people" stay dead in WoW's lore?

He's back. Again.

Legion will mark the third or fourth time he dies. I can't remember if Malfurion killed him twice in WotA.

Deleted
    Hey dude, come over here.

(whispers: Illidan was "handled" also in Black Temple.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Since when do "people" stay dead in WoW's lore?
    isn't anyone stay dead anymore
    _Arthas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    He's back. Again.

Legion will mark the third or fourth time he dies. I can't remember if Malfurion killed him twice in WotA.
    Malf didn't kill him, unless transform someone into tree is consider killing, so ya he killed him once
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any explanation as to why hes back at least? or did Stormrage never happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    Is there any explanation as to why hes back at least? or did Stormrage never happen?
    My understanding is that Stormrage happened, but the Nightmare grew back from the Rift of Aln and it doing so affected Malfurion pretty deeply. Not sure about Xavius specifically, but I imagine he regenerated in the process.

Xavius is a demon. When you kill a demon outside of the Twisting Nether, their body dies but their spirit is returned to the Nether where they regenerate. Its why Sargeras had to create a demon prison, killing them outright just meant they would eventually return. Illidan is also part demon, which could explain why he is not dead after Black Temple.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    I believe that the demons brought Xavius back t o life

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kasidhna View Post
    Xavius is a demon. When you kill a demon outside of the Twisting Nether, their body dies but their spirit is returned to the Nether where they regenerate. Its why Sargeras had to create a demon prison, killing them outright just meant they would eventually return. Illidan is also part demon, which could explain why he is not dead after Black Temple.
    but Xavius was not dead, he was a tree
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Perhaps in this instance he was not dead. But people were asking how certain characters kept coming back. In the case of demons, there is a lore reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasidhna View Post
    Illidan is more special than that.
    He can respawn everytime he wants wherever he dies. Except if somebody takes his body.
    When you play the Demon Hunter starting zone on Mardum, you have a quest where you can sacrifice a NPC or yourself. If you chose yourself, you die and you have to run to your body. Illidan talks to you while you're running. He says that you're like him and you can come back to life if you reach a body.

And when he died at Black Temple, Oultand/Draenor was in the Twisting Nether. So if he was bound to the TN his soul should have been wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    And when he died at Black Temple, Oultand/Draenor was in the Twisting Nether. So if he was bound to the TN his soul should have been wasted.
    Outland / Draenor was NOT in Twisting Nether, though. I thought we just cleared this in another thread recently. Otherwise, Socrethar or Varedis would have been gone for good, among other demons killed in TBC. Instead, when Varedis died, his soul came to the Nether like other demons, which he then got captured and revived by KJ. Outland is somewhere in between physical universe and the Nether (probably similar to Argus, but less sarturated by Fel). There were also quotes in Illidan that either implied or indicated that Outland is still in reality / physical universe instead of the Nether. I.e:
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidan
    Illidan summoned a parasitic shadowfiend to him. The creature slithered out of the Twisting Nether and into reality.
    or
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidan, Throne of KJ in Outland
    Here lay a great flaw in the fabric of the universe that was connected to the lair of the Deceiver himself. This night the flow of energies from the Twisting Nether would be at its strongest in years.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-06-02 at 02:46 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post

but Xavius was not dead, he was a tree

Clearly the Venture Trading Company chopped down that tree.

This...you are certain this came from the Defiler himself?
    I have encountered this power once before, within the depths of the Emerald Dream, near an abyss known as the Rift of Aln.
    That place radiated an ancient evil with such intensity that we dared not venture closer.
    It was all we could do to attempt to seal the taint away from the rest of the Dream. But it appears that we failed.
    And now, to find a fragment of that power in the hands of the Legion? A terrible portent...
    I must return to the place of my tutelage, the primal groves of Val'sharah, to seek guidance.
    By giving us warning of this danger, you may have saved us all. Please speak with Keeper Remulos before you depart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Malf didn't kill him, unless transform someone into tree is consider killing, so ya he killed him once
    WotA Trilogy: Malf killed NElf Xavius. His soul was sucked into the portal by Sargeras who made him a shiny new demon body. Malf killed demon Xavius by having a tree eat him. Xavius' soul survived inside the tree.

Stormrage: Malf killed Treevius.

I'm actually more interested in Renferal. Wasn't she the leader of the Nelf contingent that was murdered by Twlights masquerading as Horde during a meeting with Hamuul?
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Thing with Xavius is I'm not even sure if he's allied with the Legion or with the Old Gods anymore, or neither. Kinda confusing, a bit like Azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Thing with Xavius is I'm not even sure if he's allied with the Legion or with the Old Gods anymore, or neither. Kinda confusing, a bit like Azshara.
    In the War of the Ancients, Xavius was the first Night Elf servant of the Burning Legion. A few hundred pages later, Sargeras turned him into a Satyr.

The Sundering Happened, and Xavius allied with N'zoth (probably around the same time Azshara did).

The difference between Xavius and Azshara though is that Azshara is still loyal to the Old Gods, even though the Legion has returned. It makes sense because Azshara was personally humiliated by the whole ordeal and won't want anything to do with the Burning Legion ever again, but Xavius has different motivations.

So even though Xavius was loyal to the Old Gods for the past 10,000 years, now that the Legion is back, he's once again allied with the Burning Legion and this time his knowledge and control over the Emerald Nightmare is a great asset for the Burning Legion.

BUT in Legion he continues to boast about how powerful the Old Gods are, so we can only conclude that Xavius just doesn't give a fuck and will hang out with anyone who will make him stronger.

Award for most power hungry douchelord goes to Xavius.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    I'm actually more interested in Renferal. Wasn't she the leader of the Nelf contingent that was murdered by Twlights masquerading as Horde during a meeting with Hamuul?
    Yep and I'm pretty sure she's also the druid in AV who summons ivus the forest lord.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Yeah, she died but appearantly her spirit was in the Emerald Dream. Don't know why or how did that happen. So when the Dream gets corrupted, it twists her as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.