Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    From my experience if I had mishandled the secret items I was working with according to the agreement outlined, I may be in prison now and for certain not getting my nice retirement.
    What would happen if you "mishandled" a document that was originally not classified and then retroactively classified?

That feels to me like the police changing the speed limit on a road, back dating it by a few months and then sending everyone tickets. I can't believe that is how things work.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    What would happen if you "mishandled" a document that was originally not classified and then retroactively classified?

That feels to me like the police changing the speed limit on a road, back dating it by a few months and then sending everyone tickets. I can't believe that is how things work.
    Great analogy - could not agree more. It's almost precisely what they did.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You attack him personally right after he clarifies that he is in fact NOT attacking the questioner. That's class with a capital K.
    Right..... "I'm not attacking you, I am just attacking you." that is complete B.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Exactly. She broke some rules. Big whoopie. Moving right along - oh, look! Trump lies with every breath he takes. But let's ignore that and worry about emails!
    Let's not forget that he has zero actual political experience of holding an office in anything. He's a shoddy businessman and a virtual reality TV star and people seem to think he can run the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Aren't these kinds of documents pretty standard for handling any sensitive information? I'd imagine this is like, par for the course when potentially handling any classified documents in the government.

Am I missing something here about why this is significant outside of the usual GOP bluster?

Also, aren't these documents classified as well? Why is the RNC publicly sharing the contents of these classified/private documents?
    "Classified" is not an actual document type or parameter for documents. If anything they released was actually classified in the manner you and I think of when we hear the words, they would not have ever published it. so when Hillary says things like "I did not mishandle classified information" she is saying she did not mishandle documents that came with a classified red stamp and the bold letters "CLASSIFIED" across the page, because they actually don't exist, and she is using that to her advantage in the way she defines her emails.

Plain and simple, her email has been readable by any skilled hacker (every gov. has one) for an unknown amount of years. Each individual document does not need a "classified" label, as was in her job description that literally ANY AND ALL documents she handles are not to be mishandled. Don't let her fool you by listening to "its not classified!" Yes it is, it all is. And the FBI is taking it seriously because they're aware basically anything hackable, our government has proven it. Yes, that includes the FBI, White House, etcetera, but the difference is under those circumstancecs, they would at least be *aware* of security breaches. They're freaking out because she's been funneling info for YEARS to anyone smart enough to tune in.
    Last edited by Xylense; 2016-06-03 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    Yes it is, it all is.
    This is factually incorrect, as we've seen the vast majority of her emails which were reviewed by intelligence agencies and released as unclassified. A number of others were retroactively classified (meaning that while she was working at the State department they were not classified), and IIRC a few were actually classified at the time they were sent or received.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    Each individual document does not need a "classified" label, as was in her job description that literally ANY AND ALL documents she handles are not to be mishandled. Don't let her fool you by listening to "its not classified!" Yes it is, it all is. And the FBI is taking it seriously because they're aware basically anything hackable, our government has proven it. Yes, that includes the FBI, White House, etcetera, but the difference is under those circumstancecs, they would at least be *aware* of security breaches. They're freaking out because she's been funneling info for YEARS to anyone smart enough to tune in.
    Ok, so you are saying that no one at the state department is allowed to send their spouse an email saying "I will be late tonight, Honey" or something like that? There is a reason for documents being classified. There is a protocol for those documents including sending them via secure channels. If everything was considered classified then it would have been classified.

In this day and age, major government hacks aside, just having a phone is a security hole for email, regardless of the server that email is hosted on. what about compromised devices? No one in government should have a mobile phone because they can be compromised. Was her server a dumb thing to do, sure, but to try imply anything more is absurd. If she sent something that was classified at the time, then sure, thats a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

This is factually incorrect, as we've seen the vast majority of her emails which were reviewed by intelligence agencies and released as unclassified. A number of others were retroactively classified (meaning that while she was working at the State department they were not classified),
    Wait, everything that she touches is classified according to Xylense. They better go out and arrest the people who released those emails.

and IIRC a few were actually classified at the time they were sent or received.
    I am not aware of any that were classified at the time.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2016-06-03 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    No. I don't know you. I don't know what you are.

But demographically, that's Trumps base, regardless of what you, personally are.
    Not really saying you are wrong about who is supporting trump, but that very voting block has been a corner stone of the republican party for a while. They been voting Republican for as long as i can remember and now that they do not like whom the GOP higher ups want them too like, they a problem? I hate to say this but the disregard for a large part of the ones voting base is rather really petty, almost like one was using them for votes.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post

If it's information relating to national defense, then you go to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    And demographically your likely a trust fund kid. So?
    I wish I was a trust fund kid. I woulda paid off my student loans years ago.

5 more days Theo. Ready for our date?

Clinton abused an email system and had her aides lie for her so that she could pursue her "ambitions"... Well, that's probably a bit better than Trump and "Trump University". The two acts aren't substantially different ethically.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...was-a-con.html

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulharum View Post
    Clinton abused an email system and had her aides lie for her so that she could pursue her "ambitions"... Well, that's probably a bit better than Trump and "Trump University". The two acts aren't substantially different ethically.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...was-a-con.html
    Really? You actually believe that? Clinton broke a few email storage rules. Trump lied to tens of thousands of people to rob them of their money. Those are the same in your book?

Aren't these kinds of documents pretty standard for handling any sensitive information? I'd imagine this is like, par for the course when potentially handling any classified documents in the government.

Am I missing something here about why this is significant outside of the usual GOP bluster?

Also, aren't these documents classified as well? Why is the RNC publicly sharing the contents of these classified/private documents?
    Any document, classified or not, can be released to the public if it is within the public's interest.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zolfare View Post
    Any document, classified or not, can be released to the public if it is within the public's interest.
    Um, no - that is the opposite of the truth - entirely incorrect. If a document is classified it must go through a declassification process before it can be released to the public.

Exactly. She broke some rules. Big whoopie. Moving right along - oh, look! Trump lies with every breath he takes. But let's ignore that and worry about emails!

- - - Updated - - -

The RNC released classified documents? Isn't that illegal?
    I'm not as worried about emails as I am the fact that she single-handedly formed terrorist cells to open up in Libia, and slaughtered thousands of innocent people there. I'm not worried about emails as much as I am the fact that she has never done anything she told the public she was going to (this is a slight exaggeration, but is pretty much true). I'm worried about electing a president that is involved in racketeering with her husband, and will soon be indicted on it. I can go on for days about true fears with Hillary Clinton that go way beyond a guy that fibs and makes politically incorrect comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Um, no - that is the opposite of the truth - entirely incorrect. If a document is classified it must go through a declassification process before it can be released to the public.
    THE NRC CAN. They have done it in the past, and they will do it in the future. You don't like them doing it then stop them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not as worried about emails as I am the fact that she single-handedly formed terrorist cells to open up in Libia, and slaughtered thousands of innocent people there. I'm not worried about emails as much as I am the fact that she has never done anything she told the public she was going to (this is a slight exaggeration, but is pretty much true). I'm worried about electing a president that is involved in racketeering with her husband, and will soon be indicted on it. I can go on for days about true fears with Hillary Clinton that go way beyond a guy that fibs and makes politically incorrect comments.
    Can you "go on for days" with any evidence or citations or anything to back up your ridiculous claims? I love people like you that just feed of Faux News and don't bother to fact check anything that comes out of headline media.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not as worried about emails as I am the fact that she single-handedly formed terrorist cells to open up in Libia, and slaughtered thousands of innocent people there.
    Do these fantasies have a ceiling? Or do they keep growing with no limit?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Really? You actually believe that? Clinton broke a few email storage rules. Trump lied to tens of thousands of people to rob them of their money. Those are the same in your book?
    I did say Clinton's actions were a bit better than Trump's. But they are not far from each other to me, considering that some of the information Clinton mishandled was classified information, and I've read some articles saying that hackers had been in her email account and they could see where other hackers had been there as well. That's quite the risk to take.

Can you "go on for days" with any evidence or citations or anything to back up your ridiculous claims? I love people like you that just feed of Faux News and don't bother to fact check anything that comes out of headline media.
    Im not going to sit here and hold your hand. Do your research on when the U.S. started bombing libya. Hillary Clinton was at the head of it, and she has no regrets. It was supposedly to keep air control over libya, but because of those actions thousands of innocent people were killed and terrorist cells were formed. All to keep air control over an area that we had no business mettling with. Its disgusting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im not going to sit here and hold your hand. Do your research on when the U.S. started bombing libya. Hillary Clinton was at the head of it, and she has no regrets. It was supposedly to keep air control over libya, but because of those actions thousands of innocent people were killed and terrorist cells were formed. All to keep air control over an area that we had no business mettling with. Its disgusting.
    "Do your research" is always code for "I don't have any evidence"