Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Blizzard was starting to go a different direction in the interaction developers had with the community. They were going to stop the in your face presence that Ghostcrawler had. He talked about this publicly. It was one of the many reasons he left.
    Where do you people get this bullshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering what they've done to this game since he left, do you really think he would WANT to come back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    For someone who was the lead of class development and balance, he did a shit job at it. No offence to the guy, but classes were no where near what they should have been at talking about balance.
    There are more than a few lead designers who do class development.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol no... nonono

Quote Originally Posted by Shinv View Post
    What needs to happen is whoever in made him feel pressured to leave needs to be fired. I'm convinced there is a dev with too much control shot calling that created WoD who needs to go.
    Why wouldn't developers have control over the game they are developing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    GC has also talked about Riot being a better fit as a company for him compared to Blizzard. I dont see GC wanting to go back.

Largely because he was vocal and willing to be the face of the team both pros and cons. The design and tuning of dungeons and raids fell on Watcher's team. GC on the other hand was responsible for class tuning and systems. Got a complaint about healers then go ahead and point fingers at GC. Got a complaint about dungeon design then go talk to Watcher.

I find it funny the ones who befitted the most from features like LFG and LFR hate GC who leaded the project and was its most vocal defender. GC also pushed for a viable endgame for non-raiders. Watcher on the other hand was against that. In the end GC still got all the hate.
    Funny, most of the hate wasn't about raiding or dungeons it was about classes and such so um.........yeah he got blamed.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

If he would design the game he's describing to want now instead of the one he gave us back when he actually had the responsability ? Sure, why not.

But when he was at Blizzard, his team basically killed the game. If he weren't about to enforce his design vision then, then he won't do now, so no point in having him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Blizzard, with regard to WOW, desperately needs an infusion of new blood, not a sequel with old blood. Back in the early days of WOW, even during the hey day of WOTLK, Blizzard used to reach and recognize talent within the fan base and hired people. They no longer bother doing that and oddly enough You Tube and Twitch are significantly more popular than they were 5-6 years ago.
    What is the point? All of you whiners would simply demand they be fired.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    He still was acknowledged for working on WoD. 5 months after he left the Alpha came out.
    Dozens of other developers worked on Wod with GC. What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    What is the point? All of you whiners would simply demand they be fired.

- - - Updated - - -

Dozens of other developers worked on Wod with GC. What is your point?
    I meant because you said he left. Doesn't mean he didn't work on it. The game was probably in production during MoP.

Meh, I liked Ghostcrawler alright b/c he actually answered a question most of the time without being cryptic about something that had no need to be cryptic about it. But, I also remember his "Dungeons are hard" blog in Cata then watching dungeons get nerfed into oblivion less than 2 months later. And I remember him making a crazy cat lady comment to a hunter question regarding more stable slots (I think it was on twitter), and I got back from a vacation and was shocked my hunter stable had so many pages available.

So it's a rose colored glasses kind of situation. Dude was usually upfront and to the point, which I have mad respect for. But, he also backtracked on what he said just as much as the rest of em.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Wasn't Ghostcrawler blamed for all the bad in WoW? I remember him getting the blame for Cataclysm. Like.... all the blame. Everything bad was his fault, right?
    players always like to place the blame on devs it was ghostcrawler now holinka, only reason ghostcrawler got hate is cos he was in the spotlight alot more than the other devs so people naturally started giving him hate, i agree that wow is going in a bad direction blizzard need to turn the game around cos by the end of legion there will be like 3 million subs left not that we will ever know since blizz stopped releasing sub numbers awhile ago

I'd put Jeff Kaplan back on WOW before that now that Overwatch has been released.

Since he left the team for Titan, WOW has been going downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There are more than a few lead designers who do class development.
    There is only one "LEAD" designer, hence the word "LEAD"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Meh, I liked Ghostcrawler alright b/c he actually answered a question most of the time without being cryptic about something that had no need to be cryptic about it. But, I also remember his "Dungeons are hard" blog in Cata then watching dungeons get nerfed into oblivion less than 2 months later. And I remember him making a crazy cat lady comment to a hunter question regarding more stable slots (I think it was on twitter), and I got back from a vacation and was shocked my hunter stable had so many pages available.

So it's a rose colored glasses kind of situation. Dude was usually upfront and to the point, which I have mad respect for. But, he also backtracked on what he said just as much as the rest of em.
    he didn't necessarily backtrack. the opinions he shared where probably his real opinions, but then the management came in because they looked at the numbers and said "you need to change that, it's too hard for the casuals"

Deleted
    He said blizzard isn't on the same page as he is in terms of communication with the community.

Judging by the direction of the game, Blizzard needs more extroverted people to work on WoW. They've created so many introvert-friendly systems in the past several years that WoW currently feels like an MMO where you don't talk to anyone, don't see anyone, and just do some single-player stuff. Suramar is the latest example. An entire max-level zone dedicated to solo play with a massive amount of quests.

I don't know if Ghostcrawler is extroverted or not.

If you want to fix WoW, you have to bring back communities. That means the following must be removed:

LFR
    garrisons
    phasing
    bodyguards
    probably forgetting a couple of other things
    and now Suramar must be removed as well as its more solo content

plus bring back global chat

But they are STILL moving away from the goal, so I don't see how this will get fixed.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2016-06-03 at 11:10 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Up next: Build your own Blizzard dream team! Just choose any past, present or current game designer from any company and build the greatest team ever. Don't worry guys, if you like them enough they'll simply quit their current jobs at your beck and call!

He quit, you know.

And I don't think he's particularly unhappy with where he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Judging by the direction of the game, Blizzard needs more extroverted people to work on WoW. They've created so many introvert-friendly systems in the past several years that WoW currently feels like an MMO where you don't talk to anyone, don't see anyone, and just do some single-player stuff. Suramar is the latest example. An entire max-level zone dedicated to solo play with a massive amount of quests.
    I swear, when it comes to the most outrageous bullshit on the internet - I regularly find it on this forum. Unbelievable, what kind of stuff a lot of people here are able to come up with. The whacky ideas and opinions sometimes ... it blows my mind. Look at this armchair psychology stuff - holy crap. You truly are something else.