Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Because all people see is the shooting reports on the news and lose their minds. Those of us who live in the city know that with a population as large as Chicago you're going to have issues. We know there's some bad neighborhood and that a majority of our shootings are gang related. But you have to explain that to people who are not educated about our city...You know the ones who still think we have guns banned within the city limits.
    I think most people are aware that Chicago has many nice parts and that most of the violence is contained in the ghetto areas lol. That being said, I think people still find this shocking, I mean when more Americans are dying in Chicago, as opposed to Iraq, a country we were at war with, it seems pretty clear that it's a big cause for concern.

The pressing issue of course is - how come nobody gives a shit about this? Was Obama not a "community organizer" here? This is his home turf practically.... why is he not trying to find a solution? It's common knowledge that every city has it's rough parts, but Chicago's "rough parts" are extremely dangerous. It just so happens that the city is largely populated with nicer areas, so that it makes the violence not appear to be so bad.

Animals > Humans any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Gorilla outrage to me is just kinda funny, I personally find it pathetic that people are so outraged about that Gorilla incident, just like with the Lion incident last year, I could not care less about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Animals > Humans any day.
    Humans are animals.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    About 150,000 people die each day and there are about 125,000 western lowland gorillas left in the wild which one should we worry about more?
    People of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Violence in big cities isn't that common and certain not as common as in Chicago.
    Chicago doesn't even crack the top 100 based on FBI data. http://www.insurancejournal.com/news.../28/396750.htm

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I thought guns were banned in Chicago ? How are all these people shooting each other with no guns ?
    The gun laws only prevent law-abiding people from having them.

the gun laws need to change in america regardless, im from australia so as far as i can see it the whole i have a right to have a gun shenanigan is just plain dumb, you might be allowed to use a gun but it shouldn't be given to you without some hurdles to go through first

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I thought guns were banned in Chicago ? How are all these people shooting each other with no guns ?
    Uh no. You can even CC in Chicago just like in other parts of the state.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Because a 15-year-old girl, is really a gang member.
    This is really one of the most ignorant things in this thread. I live in Chicago and went to public schools. Gang recruitment starts as early as 7th grade, and only gets more intense the older teenagers get.

Yes, chances are very strong that girl was a gang member.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    People of course.
    Why? There is over 7 billion people on the planet its not like we are going to run out soon. An animal species on the planet being wiped out has devastating effects on the ecosystem. 69 humans on the planet dying has no effect on the planet whatsoever. Not saying it isn't sad tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Moridius View Post
    This is really one of the most ignorant things in this thread. I live in Chicago and went to public schools. Gang recruitment starts as early as 7th grade, and only gets more intense the older teenagers get.

Or, if not, lived in a gang-controlled neighborhood and got caught in the crossfire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I think most people are aware that Chicago has many nice parts and that most of the violence is contained in the ghetto areas lol. That being said, I think people still find this shocking, I mean when more Americans are dying in Chicago, as opposed to Iraq, a country we were at war with, it seems pretty clear that it's a big cause for concern.

The pressing issue of course is - how come nobody gives a shit about this? Was Obama not a "community organizer" here? This is his home turf practically.... why is he not trying to find a solution? It's common knowledge that every city has it's rough parts, but Chicago's "rough parts" are extremely dangerous. It just so happens that the city is largely populated with nicer areas, so that it makes the violence not appear to be so bad.
    There are being efforts made to curb the violence they're just not talked about as publicly as people would like. Your attempt at blaming Obama for this is unsurprising as well. This is not a political issue, and has been an issue in the city for a very long time. You're also going to have to provide some statistics showing where people are dying in Chicago more than they are in Iraq. People get shot yes...But they usually don't end up dead.

Last year we lost 489 people to shootings -- http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/homicides

Yet 2988 we're shot -- http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings/

Our gang members tend to have very poor aim over all.

16,115 people in Iraq were killed in the same time period: https://www.iraqbodycount.org/analysis/numbers/2015/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    There are being efforts made to curb the violence they're just not talked about as publicly as people would like. Your attempt at blaming Obama for this is unsurprising as well. This is not a political issue, and has been an issue in the city for a very long time. You're also going to have to provide some statistics showing where people are dying in Chicago more than they are in Iraq. People get shot yes...But they usually don't end up dead.

Last year we lost 489 people to shootings -- http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/homicides

Yet 2988 we're shot -- http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings/

Our gang members tend to have very poor aim over all.

16,115 people in Iraq were killed in the same time period: https://www.iraqbodycount.org/analysis/numbers/2015/
    But fewer Americans died in Iraq. Never mind that there are far fewer Americans in Iraq, that they're largely not involved in direct combat since the withdrawal. that they're trained specifically for combat, or any of the billion other factors involved.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Why? There is over 7 billion people on the planet its not like we are going to run out soon. An animal species on the planet being wiped out has devastating effects on the ecosystem. 69 humans on the planet dying has no effect on the planet whatsoever. Not saying it isn't sad tho.
    The question was which mattered the most. I will pick people over any animal every time. However, we need to respect other life and not needlessly harvest or abuse them. Endangered species have to be protected for sure. But if the choice is ever a person or a animal , it is a easy answer for me.

Chicago happens to have a lot of crime violence in certain parts of it and often with firearms involved, but overall it trails other major cities in crime rate. New Orleans for example has a large lead over Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Moridius View Post

Lol, that doesn't mean she was in a gang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Lol, that doesn't mean she was in a gang.
    He didn't say it does, but you dismissed the idea that she was a gang member out of hand. There's really no basis for doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    But fewer Americans died in Iraq. Never mind that there are far fewer Americans in Iraq, that they're largely not involved in direct combat since the withdrawal. that they're trained specifically for combat, or any of the billion other factors involved.
    I was afraid someone was going to say that but even if that's the case let's look at the numbers of American Soldiers lost during the war years over in Iraq against that 489 number:

1. 2003 - 486 dead

2. 2004 - 849 dead

3. 2005 - 846 dead

4. 2006 - 823 dead

5. 2007 - 904 dead

The analogy of comparing Chicago to Iraq during War Time is dishonest unless you're using the numbers after 2008. http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...illed-in-iraq/

Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D9pyyZl314
    69 People Shot in Chicago Over Memorial Day Weekend But America Outraged Over Dead Gorilla

Official Numbers

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/20...l-numbers.html
    The media seem to agree.

First up, the Sun Times:
    •Six people were killed, including a 15-year-old girl, and at least 63 others were wounded in shootings across Chicago over Memorial Day weekend.

The total number of people shot during the weekend this year surpassed the 2015 holiday, when 55 people were shot, 12 fatally, over Memorial Day weekend.

Next, the Tribune:
    •Just after midnight, in one of the last shootings of the Memorial Day weekend, two people pulled out guns and started firing in East Garfield Park.

The first call to police early Tuesday was for one person shot on Homan Avenue. Then a second victim. Then a third. Then someone walked into a hospital a few minutes later.

In all, 27 of the 69 people hit by gunfire over the weekend were shot in or near the Harrison District, one of the city's most violent and one of the most heavily patrolled by police.

So many people were shot there that Deputy Superintendent John Escalante promised Sunday to beef up patrols. Nine more people were shot there by early Tuesday.

We guess the Deputy Chief must have been vacationing or something. How else do you account for 39.1% of the shootings being concentrated in one District? He certainly wasn't efficiently using the "beef[ed] up patrols" that Escalante sent over. After all, every single cop couldn't have been on Facebook, could they?

The HeyJackass.com official numbers?
    •Good morning SCC,

Our unofficial-official tally is 7 killed, 68 wounded from 12p Friday through early this AM. We haven't yet counted the LSD hit job, but will likely do so soon, which would make for 8 killed.

Therefore the Official SCC Memorial Day Weekend Tally (powered by HJ) is 7 killed and 63 wounded.

-WHT

We started the clock at 1700 hours Friday and ran it until midnight Monday night, which totals 62 shot and 6 of those dying, along with the lady run over on Lake Shore Drive (7 dead). That means a few missed the cutoffs we arbitrarily set.

In any event, quite a display.
    Gang warfare/related is the usual...not sure what you think would stop it? More laws....don't work, enforcing laws or cracking down on gang members meets with,"Violating their rights/Racist cops"...what would you like to see happen?

Here...I am waving my magic wand and reciting the magic words...did it help?
    Get back to me if it did .

Because a 15-year-old girl, is really a gang member.
    Not saying she was or that her being killed was ok, but being 15 and/or a female definitely doesnt exclude you as a possible gang member/affiliated. Especially when these shit heads more or less raise their kids into the gang life/culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    He didn't say it does, but you dismissed the idea that she was a gang member out of hand. There's really no basis for doing so.
    No proof, just an assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.