Page 49 of 138 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    Well if you are going by numbers look at the amount of money the twilight books and movies made I guess this makes them good?
    Twilight 5.2/10
    Warcraft 8.0/10

Compare Apples with Apples dude

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    There are lots of movies that get horrible ratings but do well at the box office. Such as Transformers and Ninja Turtles.
    Most movies with horrible ratings do horribly at the box office, though.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I found the movie fucking awesome. Some people really just hate on everything I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Most movies with horrible ratings do horribly at the box office, though.
    This post was posted today, after pretty much the rest of the world but America seems to love the film. Soooooo. Research?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    There's really nothing redeeming about BvS
    Is it really that bad? I didn't figure it would be much good when I saw the cast...Affleck as Batman...a skinny chick playing a Amazonian, Wonder Woman...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Is it really that bad? I didn't figure it would be much good when I saw the cast...Affleck as Batman...a skinny chick playing a Amazonian, Wonder Woman...
    I liked it, only flaw it has, really, is that superman is too dark, and the story was rushed.

If you're looking for something that has plenty of sweet action shots, and scenes taken right from a comic book panel, you will enjoy it. Batman and Wonderwoman fucking nail it.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    As a comic book nerd, I loved the hell out of it. I didn't even look at what critics thought of it, because I knew from the moment I saw the first teaser for it that critics would hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    As a comic book nerd, I loved the hell out of it. I didn't even look at what critics thought of it, because I knew from the moment I saw the first teaser for it that critics would hate it.
    They hate anything that isn't Marvel fun bright and colorful. Even if Marvel's plot is stupid-friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    The professional reviewers are just biased Blizzard hateboys!

Look how their reviews and ratings contrast those of invested WoW streamers, WoW player and WoW fanforum visitors!

Blizzard hate exposed! The Warcraft movie is just so good they are furious.
    I think it goes without saying that most WoW players and fans of the Warcraft universe will probably like the movie. The problem is that in order for Legendary to make enough money to cover the cost of production and for there to be ANY chance of a sequel it also needs to appeal to mainstream audiences. The critics are not judging the movie with the hardcore Wow & Blizzard audience in mind they are judging it as a stand alone movie & based on the writing, production, direction, acting & accessibility to general audiences. Their criticism of the film on that basis is therefore perfectly valid.

The problem for the WoW movie is, unlike Marvel & DC films which have some general appeal with normal audiences due to a carefully cultivated introduction of their universes over time. The warcraft universe is a complete unknown to most people, they will be judging whether to see the movie based on Critics opinions and word of mouth. On that basis the most likely scenario for the Wow Movie is a moderate to reasonable box office over the first weekend when all the hardcore fans go to see it and then dropping like a stone in the following weeks. The chance of a sequel are probably slim unless it's as a cheaper straight to video or Netflix type option.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    This post was posted today, after pretty much the rest of the world but America seems to love the film. Soooooo. Research?
    It's odd that you think that would change the validity of my statement.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

These are 2 recent movies with motion capture I think are comparable (Warc. is more fantasy) in box office numbers

Rise and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...eoftheapes.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...noftheapes.htm

Rise: 482 million total
    Dawn: 711 million total

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    The professional reviewers are just biased Blizzard hateboys!

Look how their reviews and ratings contrast those of invested WoW streamers, WoW player and WoW fanforum visitors!

Blizzard hate exposed! The Warcraft movie is just so good they are furious.
    People talk of biased and then you post that. As if wow streamers, wow players and wow fanboys would be totally unbiased.
    You know that street runs both ways right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I think the movie summary is: "Good for fans with some background knowledge, confusing for others"
    Actually, I think people with lore-knowledge like it less than "ignorant" people, due to the many lore differences..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I know this thread is a shitpost (or whatever you call threads that are meant to rile people up), but the latest frontpage post with uodated info about the movie tells quite a different story.

Must be kinda awkward for you.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-06-13 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I know this thread is a shitpost (or whatever you call threads that are meant to rile people up), but the latest post on the frontpage tells quite another story. Must be awkward for you.
    Critically, the movie was a dud.

Domestically, the movie's performance in box offices has been completely unimpressive.

But its overseas cume has been record-breaking so it cannot be viewed as a total failure. We still do not know how much the Chinese bottom line will affect the movie's total performance but I'm sure we'll get clarification from the studio in coming weeks. I doubt they're disappointed with the film's overall performance but it still seems unlikely it will garner a sequel at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    No worry. People can call it a flop because critics disliked it, people can call it a flop because "all my friends" disliked it. People can call it a flop because it doesn't do well in USA.

People can call it a flop because now apparently it needs 500 million to break even. (BTW we had a thread were people wondered if it can make it into the top 200 films - meaning making 400 million and it was considered a great thing if Warcraft could pull that off. It was also thought impossible by some). So, yeah...by your own standards you emerge from any discussion victorious.
    I love how people think it needs 500 million to break even. Seeing as they will continue to pick up money from DVD sales, Netflix sales, Cable TV, so on and so forth. Not to mention merchandising and any number of people who buy at least 1 month of wow time (Equal to another ticket sale). As well as intangible assets, such as name recognition, and just plain marketing value of having a movie.

I just find it odd people want it to fail... Like, why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Critically, the movie was a dud.

Domestically, the movie's performance in box offices has been completely unimpressive.

But its overseas cume has been record-breaking so it cannot be viewed as a total failure. We still do not know how much the Chinese bottom line will affect the movie's total performance but I'm sure we'll get clarification from the studio in coming weeks. I doubt they're disappointed with the film's overall performance but it still seems unlikely it will garner a sequel at this point.
    Yeah, Batman V. Superman likely won't get a sequel either. Seeing as it was a critical dud. No way they will make a Justice league movie after clickbait articles decided they didn't like it as much as the avengers.

It's honestly kind of sick, the amount of people that have been ready to dismiss this film since it was announced. Keep in mind, this is coming from a person who considers this movie a 6.5/10. The hate for Warcraft is unprecedented and incredibly one dimensional. Critics of this movie giving it a zero or a three or whatever are plebeians. It has a ton of glaring issues but by no stretch of the imagination is this as bad as Battlefield Earth.

At the end of the day, it is an entertaining film with some serious issues. It could have been better, but it could have been done a fuck of a lot worse. like I said earlier, I would give it a 6.5/10, and this is coming from a huge fan of the universe. People giving it a 10/10 are as blind as the folks giving it a fucking 1/10.

During the movie, I loved it. After the movie, when I started to go through stuff I wasn't so happy. BUT!! As I said, watching it, I just loved it. Goosebumps nonstop...

They really set the fundation for something more. But, if at least they would put out a 3h movie, then characters would have more time to develop and people would understand more whats happening.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I love how people think it needs 500 million to break even. Seeing as they will continue to pick up money from DVD sales, Netflix sales, Cable TV, so on and so forth. Not to mention merchandising and any number of people who buy at least 1 month of wow time (Equal to another ticket sale). As well as intangible assets, such as name recognition, and just plain marketing value of having a movie.

I just find it odd people want it to fail... Like, why?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Batman V. Superman likely won't get a sequel either. Seeing as it was a critical dud. No way they will make a Justice league movie after clickbait articles decided they didn't like it as much as the avengers.
    BvS cleared almost $900M worldwide and had a domestic weekend opening literally 5 times that of Warcraft's. You're comparing apples to oranges here. All I'm saying is that so far -- despite its tremendous success in foreign markets -- it's still in a position where the studios could look at it as a failure and not make a sequel. And even if it does get a sequel, it certainly won't be made for the domestic box office.

A common complaint from non-fan critics that I find highly hypocritical, is that there are "Too many names" to keep track of.

What? Lets count them up: Khadgar, Medivh, Llane, Lothar, Gul'dan, Orgrim, Durotan, Blackhand, Garona, Draka. That's 10 total major named characters.

Is that a lot now? Because Star Wars The Force Awakens had way more: Poe, Finn, Rey, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Snoke, Dux, Phasma, Kaz Manada, Han, Leia, Chewie. That's 12 named major characters, and that's not even counting the three dozen minor ones that show up for a scene or two.

Another critically acclaimed movie, The Matrix had just as many: Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, Smith, Dozer, Tank, Switch, Apoc, Mouse, Oracle. That's 10.

Another highly acclaimed movie, Lord of the Rings, for the sake of discussion lets just talk about the first one, Fellowship of the Ring. There's Frodo, Sam, Pippin, Merry, Gimli, Legolas, Gandalf, Aragorn, Boromir, Elrond, Galadriel, Sauron, Saruman, and Gollum. That's FOURTEEN named major characters to keep track of. And not one person bitching about there being too many names.

What's the common denominator here? In neither of these movies did I ever hear anyone saying "man, that's a lot of names to remember, I keep forgetting who's who".

But then 8 out of 10 reviews from the Warcraft movie whine about there being too many names.

Hypocrite much?
    Last edited by Derah; 2016-06-13 at 07:23 AM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)