Quote Originally Posted by Lunavale View Post
    Not to mention Prot got blessing of spellwarding, which was taken from a suggestion by the Ret community, name and everything. And Prot STILL has retribution aura, like what the actual fuck?
    Yep, exactly! I saw it and I already could see how OP it would be in Rated arena or even RBGs (if u can use it on an FC), that’s why I said that Prot has a superior support over Ret in rated PvP.
    While Rets got nerfs to our dmg...which is Ironic since DMG is only thing we had that was going for us in PvP.

I am def going to try Prot right away.

P.S. I just took a look at new re-arrange talent tree for prot, it looks very nice. The only thing u have to decide is between lvl 100 taletns (R. Shield use reducing cds or Serph)

Quote Originally Posted by Lunavale View Post
    Not to mention Prot got blessing of spellwarding, which was taken from a suggestion by the Ret community, name and everything. And Prot STILL has retribution aura, like what the actual fuck?
    Yeah I don't understand why Blizzard would give Prot Paladins "Retribution Aura" and not the spec that is actually called "Retribution"..

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz is on Mushrooms. That's the only way this all makes sense.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    ulthane if you are showing the 110 numbers based on the PVP characters, let it be noted that the PVP preset chars have a 750 baseline weapon, and their gear is more than 60+ilevels higher than the weapon. TV still does more damage per HP (and possibly still by cast) with some of your artifact traits and equal gear to weapon ratio.
    The 110 realm though has the artifact traits all unlocked as well. That is what im basing it off of, though i hope im mistaken.

Deleted
    Hmm, seems like fires of justice is bugged now after update! Reduces recharge of CS from 4s to 3.99s for me lol. Untalented is 4s, zeal is 4s and with fires of justice its 3.99s!
    No wonder it felt so damn slow, even worse than before update

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    Hmm, seems like fires of justice is bugged now after update! Reduces recharge of CS from 4s to 3.99s for me lol. Untalented is 4s, zeal is 4s and with fires of justice its 3.99s!
    No wonder it felt so damn slow, even worse than before update
    Yeah it looks like it might be reducing the recharge by 0.15s instead of 1.5s.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, yeah, the nerfs to our AoE were accompanied by significant nerfs to AoE from other classes. I suspect Blizzard is trying to tone down burst AoE across the board - which might not be such a bad idea. I don't know how justified the changes to our mastery or Templar's Verdict were, but I doubt we'll hit release and be massively subpar from a pure throughput perspective.

I really don't understand why Divine Purpose was nerfed and Equality needs to be a PvP talent and switch places with Hammer of Reckoning or become a completely new talent.

Ahaha...do they honestly think they can disguise Equality by renaming it Holy Wrath? They can polish that turd until the end of time, but it'll never be a good idea as it's presented.

Also...it seems like Prot still continues to get the cooler stuff overall. For Ret, not sure how I feel about the change to Blade of Wrath. At this point, why not make Divine Hammer 12 second CD and have it generate 2 Holy Power as well?

Not sure why the Fires of Justice change happened, it's not as though that talent needed to be more desirable. It's such a shame too, because I originally wanted to do Zeal, but now it's increasingly likely it'll have to be Fires of Justice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I really don't understand why Divine Purpose was nerfed and Equality needs to be a PvP talent and switch places with Hammer of Reckoning or become a completely new talent.
    They can't buff Equality any more because it's already about as powerful as it can get, so instead they'll just nerf the alternatives (Divine Purpose and Crusade both got big nerfs in the last two patches).

10+ Year Old Account
    Fires of Justice is definitely the way to go. When it's not bugged Crusader Strike CD is at a pretty good cooldown length. Hopefully it stays that way, though I don't approve of the proc chance reduction. Ideally though Fires of Justice would be baseline and something else would go in place of it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I never used it much until recently but was Justicar's Vengeance ever affected by DP before the most recent patch? And would it be worth spending the DP proc on JV instead of TV?

@ruiizu Yeah I saw that and laughed pretty hard. I have no idea what Blizzard is doing anymore, I'm just going to look at builds and hope for the best come pre patch/live. I also tweet at Celestalon every now and then just in case my feedback is missed in the thread. Today I tweeted him about our only mobility option being on the same tier as a really good healing ability, other day was about ret, etc. Hopefully the more they see this shit everywhere they get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    @ruiizu Yeah I saw that and laughed pretty hard. I have no idea what Blizzard is doing anymore, I'm just going to look at builds and hope for the best come pre patch/live. I also tweet at Celestalon every now and then just in case my feedback is missed in the thread. Today I tweeted him about our only mobility option being on the same tier as a really good healing ability, other day was about ret, etc. Hopefully the more they see this shit everywhere they get the idea.
    Celestalon is not going to give a shit.

This dev doesn't seem to like ret, and at one point treated someone with valid feedback in a very condescending way. He or she would rather be cuddling those stupid ghost dragon thingys.

And I've said it before, as long as Kalgan is there, ret is not going to be competitive. This recent patch is another blatantly obvious sign he has it in for the spec. It's not just the devs being incompetent, there is really some agenda and bias against the spec and it's been there for years.
    Last edited by Fargus; 2016-06-03 at 04:15 AM.

My fellow pvp Rets, let me introduce you ur next pvp spec ull play in legion; Prot.
    Swifty (he is TERRIBLE in pvp) in a video below just randomly made a Port Pally, after recent nerf patch on beta to prots, and just dominating kids in a duels/BGs, check this out pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6O-LWwcP-M

Quote Originally Posted by ruiizu View Post
    They can't buff Equality any more because it's already about as powerful as it can get, so instead they'll just nerf the alternatives (Divine Purpose and Crusade both got big nerfs in the last two patches).
    Equality or I guess now "Holy Wrath" (because changing the name makes it a better talent?) is probably the weirdest / clunky damage cd I have seen. I mean, it makes sense for PvP because you are actually getting attacked but the 3min cd makes it just odd in PvE.

I would much rather Hammer of Reckoning or something.

This may be asking for too much but I would personally like to see Divine Purpose have "Empowered Divine Storm" added into its effect. Now that Divine Storm heals people like it did in Wotlk, having a reason to use it single target would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Found View Post
    Yeah it looks like it might be reducing the recharge by 0.15s instead of 1.5s.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, yeah, the nerfs to our AoE were accompanied by significant nerfs to AoE from other classes. I suspect Blizzard is trying to tone down burst AoE across the board - which might not be such a bad idea. I don't know how justified the changes to our mastery or Templar's Verdict were, but I doubt we'll hit release and be massively subpar from a pure throughput perspective.
    Windwalker was released subpar and stayed subpar until 5.1 or 5.2. I'm fully expecting the expansion to launch with ret in the same state it is now.

Clearly this is all revenge for 3.0.0 divine storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Donoph Baz View Post
    I never used it much until recently but was Justicar's Vengeance ever affected by DP before the most recent patch? And would it be worth spending the DP proc on JV instead of TV?
    No, because JV does not have any extra effects from the weapon, thus TV will hit harder (given that you have unlocked the appropriate perks). For the first 1-2 weeks it could be better than TV but after that no way.

Honestly, i dont even understand why JV isnt a PVP skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    No, because JV does not have any extra effects from the weapon, thus TV will hit harder (given that you have unlocked the appropriate perks). For the first 1-2 weeks it could be better than TV but after that no way.

Honestly, i dont even understand why JV isnt a PVP skill.
    110 realm has everything maxxed on artifact. JV damage is dwarfing TVs

7+ Year Old Account
    Always felt JV should be a Chi Explosion deal personally. Its a fun talent thats gone in legion, might be fun to get it working for paladins in some shape.

i dont know where to find so i am asking here. is there are beta ret thread? i want to ask about some talent and skills only for ret, or can i just put it in here?
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    i dont know where to find so i am asking here. is there are beta ret thread? i want to ask about some talent and skills only for ret, or can i just put it in here?
    This is mainly a ret discussion, it's meant for all specs but we have two other threads dedicated to the other two so people mainly talk about ret in here. Ask away.