Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it'll LAUNCH on the PTR this month more than likely, but it won't be on live this month.

Warcraft movie is supposed to carry Q2 for wow

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not expecting it before or during AnthroCon (Jun 30 - Jul 3)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    But aren't they accessed from the normal client?
    I dont actually know :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    My guess is middle of July.

Like usual, pre-patch will be mid-August.

WOD was a big exception with 4 weeks of pre-patch, it was special to test mythic raids. I don't know why people suddenly think we'd get a pre-patch 6 weeks in advance. The only thing this pre-patch will have special is you'll be able to play Demon Hunters in advance.

• BC pre-launch event began Jan 9th and ran until BC launch on Jan 16th (7 days)
    • WotLK pre-launch event began Oct 23rd and ran until WotLK launch on Nov 13th (21 days)
    • Cata 'pre-launch event' Nov 23rd ran until Cata launch on Dec 7th (14 days)
    • MOP (no real event) patch 5.0.5 on Sept 13th, Theramore event Sept 17th ran until MOP launch on Sept 25th (12 days?)
    • WOD (no real event) patch 6.0.2 on Oct 14th and WOD launched Nov 13th (30 days)

So I really don't know why some people think it will be mid-July.. it's usually 2 *or* 3 weeks before.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would have to agree . Mid -july at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

WOD was a big exception with 4 weeks of pre-patch, it was special to test mythic raids. I don't know why people suddenly think we'd get a pre-patch 6 weeks in advance. The only thing this pre-patch will have special is you'll be able to play Demon Hunters in advance.

• BC pre-launch event began Jan 9th and ran until BC launch on Jan 16th (7 days)
    • WotLK pre-launch event began Oct 23rd and ran until WotLK launch on Nov 13th (21 days)
    • MOP (no real event) patch 5.0.5 on Sept 13th, Theramore event Sept 17th ran until MOP launch on Sept 25th (12 days?)
    • WOD (no real event) patch 6.0.2 on Oct 14th and WOD launched Nov 13th (30 days)

So I really don't know why some people think it will be mid-July.. it's usually 2 *or* 3 weeks before.
    Only reason I could see the Legion one being a little longer is because of DHs supposedly being playable, so maybe they'd want to give players an extra bit of time to level them up to 100 and test them out in a raid environment before committing to them come expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Only reason I could see the Legion one being a little longer is because of DHs supposedly being playable, so maybe they'd want to give players an extra bit of time to level them up to 100 and test them out in a raid environment before committing to them come expansion.
    There is no enjoyable raid content during a pre-patch, everything is broken... so the smaller it is, the better.

I spent the previous one spamming Holy Nova as a disc priest for 4 weeks.. that was entertaining.

3 weeks is probably the target because you actually have a pre-launch event like in WOTLK.

Edit: Forgot to say, they will have to announce the end of the PVP season and Challenge Mode season and you will see your background downloader having the data files probably around 2 weeks prior to the release of the pre-patch.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-06-03 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    They even put in tier and an archi trinket for them.

The pre-patch event that was supposed to be tested today got postponed....lul there is no way its coming out this month.

I'll say it's possible. In the beta, they have weekly events for two months prior to launch.

http://i.imgur.com/mUZUULG.jpg

Starting on June 28th. Not to mention:

-They want you to try out and even give you time to raid HFC with a Demon Hunter. They even went through the trouble of including a class trinket, a crappy one, but a class trinket nonetheless.
    -Many system and class changes abound. New rotations that have to be learned for many classes.
    -Transmog changes give mog hunters some more to collect.
    -Pre-patch event doesn't add too much long-lasting content, but it's more content to do in a span of 2 months than prior pre-patch content in the span of ONE month.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    I'll say it's possible. In the beta, they have weekly events for two months prior to launch.

http://i.imgur.com/mUZUULG.jpg

Starting on June 28th. Not to mention:

-They want you to try out and even give you time to raid HFC with a Demon Hunter. They even went through the trouble of including a class trinket, a crappy one, but a class trinket nonetheless.
    -Many system and class changes abound. New rotations that have to be learned for many classes.
    -Transmog changes give mog hunters some more to collect.
    -Pre-patch event doesn't add too much long-lasting content, but it's more content to do in a span of 2 months than prior pre-patch content in the span of ONE month.
    I think a big part of why they might want at least some stuff out in June is that it does a lot to improve the presentation, which might help draw in newcomers from the movie.

It definitely isn't ready, but I wouldn't be surprised all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    I think a big part of why they might want at least some stuff out in June is that it does a lot to improve the presentation, which might help draw in newcomers from the movie.

It definitely isn't ready, but I wouldn't be surprised all the same.
    Agreed. Luckily, most of the issues are within Legion content, however. There'll be issues if pre-patch drops on the 28th, but not absurdly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucio View Post
    July 19th. Quote me boys.
    Dont quote me boi coz i'vn't said sheet!

But on the other hand, you are just using the info found by that leak guy on reddit

The invasion content has been on the alpha / beta for months. There's Youtube videos from alpha of people soloing the easier spawns. This is a volume test. It gives totally no indication of when the pre-patch will be released on live. There are of course other leaks and reasons to speculate that the pre-patch may be soonish like leaks on Reddit etc. I'm still subbed and I have three friends who will resub for the pre-patch and another friend who wants to resub to roll a gnome hunter (that comes with the prepatch) and level it to 100 before legion launches. I've told them I'll let them know as soon as the pre-patch starts getting downloaded in the background... which will definitely mean soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

pre-patch for wod was 6.0.2, 14th october - 4 weeks
    pre-patch for mop was 5.0.4, 28th august - 4 weeks
    pre-patch for cata was 4.0.1, 12th october - 8 weeks
    pre-patch for wrath was 3.0.2, 14th october - 4 weeks
    pre-patch for tbc was 2.0.1, 5th december - 6 weeks

When we get certain pre-launch 'events' is irrelevant, as these are when we got the systems patches with the majority of changes, including class changes.

6 weeks for pre-patch is hardly out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I knew there was something weird about those numbers I cut and pasted from another thread on here.

Cata was longer simply because they wanted people to explore the new Azeroth and level new characters.

Anyways, could be 4 to 6 weeks, the sooner the better, but sadly the tuning of those pre-patch is so bad it doesn't make it enjoyable at all.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

the sooner, the better actually - waiting to try gnome survival hunter xD

Might not even be a PTR this time, since they are target testing the Pre-patch event on the beta itself. So they maybe trying to push out the pre patch sooner this time, because they want to give people some more time to do the whole invasion stuff and give people something new to do in the content drought.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2016-06-09 at 05:15 PM.