Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Who said that it was?
    You said he struck a chord with liberals, but both left and right wing think it is a moronic claim.

To me the problem isn't if a person thinks evolution happened or not. My problem is, like Rush demonstrated, when people claim its not true and they don't even understand what they're talking about.

If a person chooses to not "believe" in evolution (or anything else for that matter) after they've looked at the evidence and have a basic understanding of it, then so be it. I just can't abide this ever growing trend, where people have no understanding of what they're talking about then making a claim and arguing. Its stupid.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You said he struck a chord with liberals, but both left and right wing think it is a moronic claim.
    I think attacking "liberals" is just a relex action.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    To me the problem isn't if a person thinks evolution happened or not. My problem is, like Rush demonstrated, when people claim its not true and they don't even understand what they're talking about.

If a person chooses to not "believe" in evolution (or anything else for that matter) after they've looked at the evidence and have a basic understanding of it, then so be it. I just can't abide this ever growing trend, where people have no understanding of what they're talking about then making a claim and arguing. Its stupid.
    But that's so much easier than "research." Why back up your claims when you can simply claim? The world isn't flat? Sure it is! Why? it just is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Did he come up with this while eating vicodin and sleeping with hookers?
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    But that's so much easier than "research." Why back up your claims when you can simply claim? The world isn't flat? Sure it is! Why? it just is!
    not only that, but the people disregard evidence made by scientists who busted their asses off in research
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I don't fault a person for the question popping into their head. Millions have thought it and millions more will.

But, it's incredibly easy at this point to learn why there are currently humans and apes on the planet. Or why there are two of anything else on the planet that have common ancestry.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    If man was made from dirt per Genesis, why is there still dirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Honestly I was amazed that there are people in OT that question evolution...you can see microevolution within a breeding generation or two.
    The issue as I've always seen it is, once you buy into The Big Lie, it's easier to buy into all the little lies.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    You are a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    If God created us, why does he not want us to use our brains?

That's basically what's happening here. One side arguing something they don't understand at all, and the other side trying to correct the many mistakes that are made about evolution that the mistaken party won't even bother to read, and then keep re-using the bad arguments. Repeat ad infinitum.

Why do we even bother with these threads? Just lock it already.

Damn these threads bum me out.

A lot of people think 2+2 = 4, don't doubt me on this. A lot of people think you can take 2 , add 2 and get 4.

They're convinced of this stupidity. How can you just take a number, put it together with itself and make a new number. That makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    We're all just stardust man.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    I think it time for one of these again.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Nope. I've actually read the whole segment. I know the quote was taken out of context.
    Someone linked the full context so...

We're gonna get to the gorilla business. That's easily explained, too. Folks, you remember when the two fish, what kind of fish were they, I keep thinking dolphins or porpoises, way back in the nineties, a couple of them got caught in sea ice, way far north of where they should have been, and the whole country became captivated with, will they find their way out? What can we do? Can we cut holes in the ice so that the porpoise, the dolphins, whatever they were, can we guide them out? Can we do something? Can we save them? Everybody became captivated.
    I'm not sure what he's talking about, though I was a kid in the 90's and also not American so wasn't really news here. But in any case. Dolphins and porpoises aren't fish.

Same thing here, the same principles are involved, except now there was politics in this Cincinnati Zoo thing because there's politics in everything. Can't take it out. Can't escape it. Can't avoid it. And I'm gonna explain that also as the program unfolds.

To show you how silly it got. For a time Black Lives Matter even got upset about this because they originally thought the parents and the boy were white. Then when they found out that the parents and boy were black, then all hell broke loose and they had to back off and take a different tack on this. (interruption) What are you laughing at? That's exactly what happened. You denying that? You didn't know that?

You didn't know Black Lives Matter got involved? (laughing) It was Black Lives Matter versus gorilla lives matter versus do any life matter, human life versus animal life, what matters most. Easily explainable in our really screwed-up culture and society today. I can make it understandable from top to bottom, which I will do,
    I've heard some stuff talking about racism involved in this whole thing, but I don't care enough about it, but he just kinda seems to be rambling a bit.

RUSH: To Harambe, the gorilla at the Cincinnati Zoo. A 400 pound wild animal born in captivity, but gorillas are not domesticated, contrary to what the feminists think. Don't most feminists that are married think they're married to gorillas anyway? It's like dragons, folks. You can't tame 'em. You've seen Game of Thrones. You can't tame a dragon. These are not pets. But we name them. This one's name was Harambe. And I assume we think that he knew his name. And we assume that he probably liked his name.
    Why is he randomly bringing up feminists? Apparently feminists think men are gorillas? Uhh...

So a four-year-old child happens to plunge into the gorilla pen at the Cincinnati Zoo before anybody notices it. And in order to save his life, the zoo people made the decision to kill the gorilla. Now, I am totally aware of why so many people think that the zoo made the wrong decision. I totally understand American pop culture today. I understand our society. I understand where it is.

I understand that, in our culture today, that gorilla, compared to any human being, is the essence of innocence, even a four-year-old child. In fact, many on the left, don't doubt me on this, you're gonna think this is funny or crazy, but I'm dead serious. Many on the left compare that gorilla in the zoo with unfair imprisonment of human beings. That zoo is the equivalent of a prison, and of course those kinds of people think that we have too many people in jail in this country. That they are in jail because they've been railroaded, not because they've committed any crimes. That's the first thing.
    Some people on the left think zoos are wrong (I personally disagree, but that's beside the point).

It may not be something that they consciously voice, but it is in their subconscious the way they look at this. I'm talking particularly about leftists. The whole zoo thing is unfair. The whole zoo thing is an example of human bigotry, racism, whatever else, mean-spiritedness, extremism, humans are the cause of global warming. Humans are the cause of climate change. Humans are the cause of animal suffering. Humans are the cause of everything going wrong on earth.

By definition, these people cannot be familiar with Genesis, and if they were, they would dissociate themselves from it. They have absolutely no such training, foundation, or awareness of the primacy of humanity on planet Earth as created by God. Such a mind-set does not exist with them. It's the exact opposite. Humanity is the problem. Humanity is not the solution.
    Hold on, I'm not sure what he's saying here. He seems to be saying that the left thinks humans are the cause of all evil on earth (Again, I disagree with that idea. Sure, humans have done some bad but certainly not "the cause of everything wrong on earth") which contradicts Genesis that says humans are the problem?

So a young child falls in. There are stages of video that are produced by people that were there, and the first video is always the one that makes the impression, "Looky, that gorilla was trying to save that boy. He was trying to pull his pants up, even, so he wasn't ashamed, nude, in that moat. This gorilla was trying to protect that boy. That gorilla, he was a new playmate."

Don't forget, America's most prominent exposure to gorillas is with Koko. Koko is a female gorilla who picks NFL games every Friday. Koko uses sign language. Koko has become a human. We humanize all animals, particularly those that we can go watch, maybe even pet, get close to. And we attend to associate -- some of us do, some people transfer their own traits to animals and think that there's no difference other than maybe intelligence or what have you.

But as I looked at it, it took me one thing to see. That gorilla is 400 pounds, and when that gorilla scooped that kid up and ran at breakneck speed through that moat, dragging the kid behind him, the gorilla doesn't know from protecting the little guy boy's head from banging against the wall. The gorilla doesn't know from drowning. The gorilla doesn't know from anything. But most people don't want to assume that. They want to assign protector status to the gorilla, as you'll hear in an audio sound bite.
    Now this, I agree with. People do tend to humanise animals too much. The other great apes can be extremely violent animals and are not pets. Though with that said, I haven't watched any of the videos.

The thing is, nobody was gonna get that boy out of that gorilla's hands. Nobody was gonna be able to walk, no, there and say, "Hey, Harambe, hey, bud, hey, you know, we need to take that little toy that you just got, we need to take it away from you." Right. It was not going to happen.
    This, I do kinda disagree with. I'm sure they probably could have had methods to stop the Gorilla without killing it. Tranquilisers? (And just reading later on, he says apparently the zoo didn't want to for fear of how they'd react) It depends on how much danger the kid was in, and again, haven't seen the videos so can't comment on that.

Harambe was not gonna deliver the boy somewhere to a zoo keeper to take it back to its mother. I know he was holding the boy's hand. Sat him up. I know. I know how the pictures look. He was his friend, he was protecting him, was a new buddy down there, understand all that. Harambe wasn't gonna hurt him. Harambe was loving and caring and so forth, probably a better parent than many humans are. Probably treating that boy better than maybe his own family does. You just never know. You just never know, right? That gorilla could have been teaching us all a lesson on how to deal with kids.

I mean, folks, look at social media, you'll find all kinds of explanations. Social media has just become such a sewer that even Fakebook, Google, and all the others are promising to clean it up every 24 hours, hate speech gone in 24 hours. You want to bet? Certain hate speech is gonna be applauded, it's gonna be strategically placed, that against conservatives. Media lies about conservatives/Republicans will still be featured prominently in trending, you name it.
    Randomly conspiracy stuff!

But, anyway, I just don't think there was any way that boy was gonna get out of there alive short of what happened. And I think the people that are being forgotten in all this are the zoo people that had to do it. I think in all the agony that's out there today, the people that run that zoo that had to do this are probably feeling the worst of anybody, 'cause that gorilla was part of their lives. The gorilla had a handler, somebody fed the gorilla.

The gorilla's born in captivity, so the gorilla had a lot of contact with people at this zoo, and to have to take the gorilla out to save the boy, they're gonna be distressed over this for a long, long time, the people that run that zoo and had to make the decision, whatever, to pull the trigger. But it comes down to, what do you value here? Should the boy lose his life because the mother was irresponsible, let him plunge in the first place?

Should the gorilla's life take primacy? It was the gorilla's home. The gorilla wasn't doing anything to anybody. The gorilla was minding its own business, all of a sudden this four-year-old kid falls in there, it's the gorilla's fault? We gotta kill the gorilla? Depends on how you value human life versus all other life on the planet. And even, you know, folks, so sad, it even had a racial component.
    I do kinda agree with this too. I'm sure it can't have been an easy decision for the zoo staff, and yes, the kid's life should have taken priority, though again, I'm sure they could have had some kind of non-lethal measures.

Originally when it was not known what race the child and the parents were, you should have seen some of the comments then. And then it was Black Lives Matter getting involved in all this. And then they found out, no, wait, can't go there, had to back off and go elsewhere. The way people on the left look at things is just continually itself insufferable and insulting.
    Wasn't following this close enough to know what he's on about but yay, let's randomly mention BLM for some reason.

I mentioned earlier the two, I think they were dolphins or porpoises, that somehow strayed way north of their natural -- (interruption) was it New Jersey? No, no. There was ice -- no, no. No, no, no. I mean way north. We're talking Canada here. They were mammals. They had to surface to be able to breathe. And we were cutting holes in the ice for them to do so, and we were trying to cut holes in the ice in a way that would steer them to safety, if they follow the holes.

I remember back then, this is in the nineties sometime, I remember taking calls from people on, "Why are we wasting all this money? It's a couple of fish, for crying out loud, they got lost, big deal." And I recall the incident, the same thing had happened to a blue whale or something, happened Sacramento Delta. The thing had gotten screwed up and it swam up from the San Francisco Bay all the way up the Sacramento Delta area and was running out of saltwater and they were all worried about what to do with it. They were trying to figure out a way to turn it around and go back to where it should be.

I remember defending the fish. I remember on this program telling people, "Look, you have to understand why so many people are concerned about this. They've done nothing wrong. They maybe got lost, went a different way, but these animals, compared to all else going on, they're innocent. They're struggling on their own. They're trying to live. It's not like they're a bunch of welfare recipients taking the day off out there. They are doing everything they can to survive."
    Again. Dolphins. Are not. Fish.

I'm gonna skip a bit, because of this is rambling and nothing to do with anything.

Animals... (sigh) This woman obviously has not read Genesis and even if she did, it wouldn't have any impact on her. But human beings travel all over the world to gawk at animals precisely because they're unusual! They're interesting. Some are cute, some are deadly, some... There's no way human beings are gonna not be interested in animals. Gawking at them out on safari, hunting them or what have you. By the way, you know there's another factor in this, Snerdley? A lot of people think that all of us used to be apes.
    Uhh... not sure how Genesis is relevant. But finally! We get to the relevant bit!

Don't doubt me on this. A lot of people think that all of us used to be gorillas, and they're looking for the missing link out there. The evolution crowd. They think we were originally apes. I've always had a question: If we were the original apes, then how come Harambe is still an ape, and how come he didn't become one of us? "Well, that's why they're all missing link, Mr. Limbaugh. Your question is absurd." Here's one more from Ashley Byrne from PETA. "You know, the gorilla's endangered, he was 17 years old. They've had him for quite a long time."
    Yeah... it's as stupid in context as out of context. Let's go step by step.

A lot of people think that all of us used to be gorillas
    Nobody thinks this. We did not descend from gorillas.

they're looking for the missing link out there
    Found it!

They think we were originally apes. I've always had a question: If we were the original apes, then how come Harambe is still an ape, and how come he didn't become one of us?
    Because we're still apes too? By definition, H. sapien is a species of great ape:

From Wikipedia:
    The Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnᵻdiː/), whose members are known as great apes[note 1] or hominids, are a taxonomic family of primates that includes seven extant species in four genera: Pongo, the Bornean and Sumatran orangutan; Gorilla, the eastern and western gorilla; Pan, the common chimpanzee and the bonobo; and Homo, the human.[1]
    "Well, that's why they're all missing link, Mr. Limbaugh. Your question is absurd."
    Yes, Mr Limbaugh, your question is absurd. But you never go into why it apparently isn't absurd.

And for a couple of other fun quotes:

CALLER: Okay, just now when you were talking about that gal from PETA, you were making fun of what she was saying.

RUSH: She's a liberal! She is not an animal lover. She's a leftist who is interested in the advancement of the liberal agenda by her --

CALLER: Okay, but --

RUSH: -- attitude toward humanity and its insignificance and its cruelty and so forth. Believe me, PETA is a left-wing, liberal organization using animal rights -- just like feminism is a bunch of liberals using "women's issues" -- to advance the leftist agenda.
    To be fair, I wouldn't call PETA animal lovers either. But with that said. Woooow conspiracy theories.

And the left has got all these disparate groups. They've got animal rights groups, they got PETA, they got environmentalist wackos, they've got feminists. This is how they do it. Every one of these groups ends up... You notice who's to blame for all this? It's always humanity, usually conservative human beings or Republican human beings. It's human beings destroying the planet when I don't think we have the ability to. We don't have the ability to destroy the environment.

If a president ordered the world's most intelligent scientists to destroy the ozone, they couldn't do it. If a president or the pope ordered the smartest scientists in the world to destroy the climate of the earth, they could not do it. They wouldn't know where to begin. And yet we're told every day that we're doing it and we're the cause. By what? Advancing and progress in our lives. And it's BS. It is utter, total BS, and it's one of the many webs of deceit that has been woven into the fabric of our society by the American and international left to advance their agenda of big government control over all people.
    He brings up his lack of understanding of climate change again, but again, that's off topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    There also isn't any findings of a supposed 'common ancestor'. I feel as though that is just a cop-out for saying "I don't know" instead of admitting that a higher power may in fact have had something to do with it.
    "I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable response when you don't have an answer. Assuming a higher power, without evidence to support such, is not science. Not understanding a thing is not evidence of a higher power.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable response when you don't have an answer. Assuming a higher power, without evidence to support such, is not science. Not understanding a thing is not evidence of a higher power.
    Of course it is! How else does lightning fall if not Zeus? What, you think lightning just decides to fall with no driving force behind it? Blasphemous nonsense! And how does the sun rise and set every day without the power of Apollo's mighty chariot to pull it along?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Another name for this topic:

"Dumb guy makes dumb statement"

Why are we having thread on this?
    Isn't that 90% of threads?

And 90% of politics, this election anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    In his defense, though I don't like him, from what science claims I could of come from a piece of lettuce. The reason why things like gorillas are used is because it is the only other creature that has a similar bone structure etc... to man. Granted they once discovered a bird that had similarities also.

We don't share 98% or so of our DNA with lettuce. We do with primates. Your own post below even says "similar" - humans are mammals, lettuce is a plant. Not similar at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    We don't share 98% or so of our DNA with lettuce. We do with primates. Your own post below even says "similar" - humans are mammals, lettuce is a plant. Not similar at all.
    Humans and plants have many similarities. They use the same genetic code, for example.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"