Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I think you guys are looking at this purely from past experience. Zone scaling, every zone/quest becomes relevant. So there aren't quests you necessarily just abandon because you have now "out leveled" the zone.

But truthfully I would probably just have even more quests that just go on remaining incomplete.
    But at the same time you probably won't be leaving a zone with 5 quests in your log that are green only to move to a new zone to pickup fresh quests. It was a problem mainly caused by out leveling zones and not wanting to drop quests.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    But at the same time you probably won't be leaving a zone with 5 quests in your log that are green only to move to a new zone to pickup fresh quests. It was a problem mainly caused by out leveling zones and not wanting to drop quests.
    You might though if you aren't liking a particular zone. Either too crowded, not crowded. There are legitimate reasons for starting quest lines and not finishing them and intending to finish them later (without having to pick up all the quests again).

15+ Year Old Account
    You might though if you aren't liking a particular zone. Either too crowded, not crowded. There are legitimate reasons for starting quest lines and not finishing them and intending to finish them later (without having to pick up all the quests again).
    So what changed between this expansion and the last 3 that makes this tougher to manage now?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    So what changed between this expansion and the last 3 that makes this tougher to manage now?
    More relevant quests.

You get far enough into Nagrand you could easily have ~10 pending quests going.

Assuming the quest count is the same in Legion...

You could be solo questing and your buddy logs on, and says "Hey man, lets do XXXX zone."

You aren't going to drop your quests you have been soloing. So you pick up ~ 10 more.

He logs off and your guildies holler at you for a 3rd zone. so you pick up 10 mo... oh fuck you're capped.

More relevant quests, means its harder to just drop them.

If said dropped quests are all in one quest hub, its not that big o deal, but like I said regarding Nagrand... get far enough in, and those quests are literally all over the zone. It becomes quite tedious to go pick them up again.

I really don't get why small quality of life changes offend so many people. No one would bat an eye if they finally increased your backpack slots. So why is it such a big deal to request more quest slots. Don't need it? Don't use it.

Some of us are hoarders and we feel like maybe, some day, we might complete that quest. (Probably not) If that's not you, fine. I bet your anal retentive quest log is sexy AF.

All I am saying, is I max out my quest log NOW, even with the "support" of greyed out, or greening quests. When they all become relevant it is going to be even more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745005077#1 thread is getting pretty positive reviews, so it begs the question, why can't we get 50 instead if the current?
    Why does it matter? Any attempt by Blizzard to explain why would only be met with the usual mindless memes being spammed passive aggressively and outright trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    With all the focus on questing in legion though I think that cap is going to get used, what about an added quest archive to put them until your ready to do them
    We already have this. It is called "dont pick up quests until you are ready to do them".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    There IS a problem with 25 quests allowed though. Those 25 quests include: A) Daily quests, B) Account wide Quests.

The problems arise with account wide quests when one of the toons has (for example) 10 free quest spots and the other 3. I happened to be doing pet achievements the last week and picked up like 6 account wide quests on the 10 free toon. When i logged in the 3 free toon, i was unable to receive any other quest on that toon till i cleared some of his personal quests or completed the account wide ones.

Also, why daily quests (those which are automatically removed when the daily quests reset) count towards the 25 max quests limit? Yes, they are quests, but allowing them to count, forces a certain priority on how you play the game (either delete or do the quests you want removed so you can get your dailies). Those dailies will be removed on 3 am server time anyway.
    There is no "spamming the quest log with every quest possible" playstyle. Don't pick up quests until you want to do them. Simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I think limit should be bigger. With all account-wide PvP (pet battles, not what you thought of) quests, dungeon quests, daily/weekly quests lingering in log there is often no space to pick up more quests.
    And why exactly do you need to have dungeon quests in your quest log if you aren't doing dungeons?

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't like a particular zone why are you keeping the quests for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran into quest log limit in Alpha. It wasn;t that hard to do either.

Quests from leveling (and you have Suramar to level in at max evel so the leveling goes on for a long time) + quests from primary professions + quests from secondary professions (Archaeology, Cooking and First Aid all have quests) + quests from class hall campaign + quests from random stuff, like the Obliteratium we will have to unlock, and random quests you get to do like doing a scenario for Khadgar in Exodar + any quests you have for dungeons + any old quests you still had going that you don;t want to drop (legendary questlines for instance).

That's a LOT of quests you can have going all at the same time. It's pretty easy to get into a situation where you really don;t want to drop any of the quests you have, and the game is basically demanding of you that you continue doing and accepting quests for your activities.

Deleted
    But wouldn't an easy fix for Quests above lvl X is limited. While low leveled, dungeons and proffesions are not? or is that to much coding that needs to be done?

that way you can keep your old ones which you wanna do and limit daily's and lvling boosting quest (pre exspansion idea but might aswell hav it it)
    Last edited by mmocc1a1fece26; 2016-06-03 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Why does it matter? Any attempt by Blizzard to explain why would only be met with the usual mindless memes being spammed passive aggressively and outright trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

We already have this. It is called "dont pick up quests until you are ready to do them".

- - - Updated - - -

There is no "spamming the quest log with every quest possible" playstyle. Don't pick up quests until you want to do them. Simple.

- - - Updated - - -

And why exactly do you need to have dungeon quests in your quest log if you aren't doing dungeons?

- - - Updated - - -

Why not though, what will having more slots in the quest log effect your gameplay?
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Think of it as a currency, an infinite amount of (completed) quests is a stockpiled amount of experience points.
    Just like every other currency there needs to be a cap somewhere, just like for valor/honor or gold, otherwise it will get abused: For example, you could boost your characters on release day of a new expansion without doing a single new quest.
    Quest experience drops dramatically when you reach expansion breakpoints, 50 lvl 100 WoD quests would be worth about 5 Legion quest exp, not even worth running around and handing them in.
    I personally think dailies should not count as part of 25 limit.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you feel like telling everyone how to quest? If someone liked to pick quests to do them later, why not? It doesn't affect your game play in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The quest limit should be for preventing players from having a ludicrous number of quests. if the limit is ever preventing normal play(like a limit of 25 is now) then the limit needs to be increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just off the top of my head... working towards flying, and any other achievements.

If those are my motivation for keeping the quests... I am going to be even MORE reluctant to get rid of them, because the last thing I want to do is make myself spend more time in a zone (that hypothetical zone).

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Then complete some before picking up new ones? Pretty sure some of the account wide ones don't count towards your cap.
    Pro answer... Care to actually give a better solution ? The problem arises on alts that can do short dailies, like the garrison building ones, which cannot be accepted, if the account wide quests cause the alt to exceed the 25 max quests.

Also, i noted that an area objective (like the tanaan area objectives, Iron Front etc) ALSO counts as a quest towards the 25 quest cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Not one person here has mentioned filling up 25 completed quests to turn in when Legion drops. Thats what you should be doing. Why not work on EXP now so you can have a jump when Legion hits.
    What a fail suggestion. Seems you haven't noticed that since MoP, whenever they launch an expansion ALL PREVIOUS CONTENT XP is reduced by 90%, exactly to force people into the new content and not do old content that they already outgear. If you think the hassle will be worth it (given the travel time to deliver all those quests), go ahead and do it.

25 is more then enough.

Why not remove quest limit? That way you can just ignore quest log forever, woohooo, more quality of life than ever!

Yea, no. Leave it alone.

(Hint. You can abandon quests and go pick them up again later if you want\need to)
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2016-06-04 at 01:41 AM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    *Shrugs* I can understand raising it to 30, but 50 would have having that many quests really cluttered in the window and on the map.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account

WTF you're on? So, i am not allowed to switch to do my dailies on alts, because i picked up some account quests on my main?

Also, if you wouldn't be so friggin ignorant, the Inn gives 2 various dungeon quests each day. It's more efficient to gather all relevant quests of a dungeon and THEN do them. Since all WoD Dungeons have 2-4 dungeon quests from the inn, those pile up quickly.

Deleted
    They could add this, but it will cost a raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    WoW is not supposed to be easy. You should be allowed to hold 5 quests max like in the Vanilla. Say NO to casuals.
    5 wasnt max in vanilla, talkin about casuals...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Pro answer... Care to actually give a better solution ? The problem arises on alts that can do short dailies, like the garrison building ones, which cannot be accepted, if the account wide quests cause the alt to exceed the 25 max quests.

Also, i noted that an area objective (like the tanaan area objectives, Iron Front etc) ALSO counts as a quest towards the 25 quest cap.

- - - Updated - - -

What a fail suggestion. Seems you haven't noticed that since MoP, whenever they launch an expansion ALL PREVIOUS CONTENT XP is reduced by 90%, exactly to force people into the new content and not do old content that they already outgear. If you think the hassle will be worth it (given the travel time to deliver all those quests), go ahead and do it.
    Anything is better than nothing. A free 100k exp is still more than 0. The only thing fail here is your ability to realize N x 0=0
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Yup, some more space on qlog would be nice..

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    WoW is not supposed to be easy. You should be allowed to hold 5 quests max like in the Vanilla. Say NO to casuals.
    You are kinda player who would want to have -50% movement speed while in capital cities just because "WoW is not supposed to be easy. Say NO to casuals."