Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    idk about anyone else here but i just cant take you MLP worshippers serious,i'd like to see your reaction in this situation
    No one takes them seriously.

Good he got the death penalty and totally side with the father on this one.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Don't blame em. If it were my daughter, he would never have made it past his arraignment. Razer blades don't set the metal detector off, neither do syringes, or lots of other quick ez ways to inflict a mortal wound.
    Damn you're so hardcore. I bet all of the mid 30s women you work with think you're the toughest guy around. Do you say stuff like "I aim for the temples" when talking about fighting?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If killers are given death sentences then the victims families should be given the option of carrying it out IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    If killers are given death sentences then the victims families should be given the option of carrying it out IMO.
    While leaving out the whole "death sentence = revenge killing" argument, you realize this is utter nonsense, right? The entire reason the families have no part in the process is because making the trial one emotional in nature is extremely disingenuous and unfair

I mean just to take the 'making a murderer' series , assuming hes innocent , the family and the prosecution waged an almost entirely emotional war against the defendant. Because people like yourself knee jerk to conclusions, his ship had sailed before it was even built.

Revenge is the last thing a 1st world society should seek. Justice and Revenge can be similar in nature, but the reason for the two cannot be further apart. Justice is carried out to maintain a standard for society. It is a warning to criminals "This is what happens when you act like a feral animal". Justice is a burden. Where as revenge is entirely different. Revenge is the archaic "an eye for an eye" but made emotional. Theres even psychos on this forum that would willingly kill the Serial Killer's children, just so they can get the ultimate revenge.

Killing is the entire reason that the family is in grief - how is the solution to grief from killing to kill more people? Losing someone is emotionally damaging enough , convincing yourself that you are the hand of Justice and revenge killing someone 'legally' is mentally fucked up.

The death penalty is something i'm strongly against for obvious reasons, but revenge killing from the victims own family is several leagues worse than that.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Damn you're so hardcore. I bet all of the mid 30s women you work with think you're the toughest guy around. Do you say stuff like "I aim for the temples" when talking about fighting?
    I work in a cheese factory personally licking all the cheese you consume along with the rest of the obese mid 30's women who could probably wrestle and submit the guerrilla that was just shot. My technique involves a three stooges move where I throw the punch out to the side then dip down grab the pant leg while pushing the person in the waist. Then I just force the knees straight to the shoulders and pound their fucking face in till it looks like play dough.

To soon?
    Last edited by Stacyrect; 2016-06-03 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    in cases like this capital punishment is good.
    Not really, torture would have been more appropriate.

As for the father: perfectly understandable reaction to the murderer's smile.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did we stop hanging people anyway?

Should put that serial killer in a brazen bull, see if he smiles then.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    While leaving out the whole "death sentence = revenge killing" argument, you realize this is utter nonsense, right? The entire reason the families have no part in the process is because making the trial one emotional in nature is extremely disingenuous and unfair
    I never mentioned the families having any part in the trial process.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Fable View Post
    Taking enjoyment or inflicting suffering in the name of justice isn't really justice to me.
    It's about sending a message to other potential killers, not about the enjoyment of the victim's families.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Fable View Post
    The grave is punishment enough.
    It removes the killer from society, which is good. But it's painless and there is no afterlife, so as a "punishment" it is completely ineffective.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Obviously the reaction wasnt justified.

I'd beg the judge for leniency, so when he got out I could go Gerard butler in law abiding citizen on his ass.

Too bad he made it to court.

justified. coulda been worse. we need the most painful method for killing sadists though.. like how a gunshot wound to the abdomen makes someone suffer for 3 days.

A calm and peaceful death is too good for fucks like this. Let 'em rot in jail for the rest of their lives. I'll never understand why so many people think a few years in prison followed by a quiet and peaceful death is a harsher punishment than decades in prison amongst the worst filth humanity has to offer. So strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    A calm and peaceful death is too good for fucks like this. Let 'em rot in jail for the rest of their lives. I'll never understand why so many people think a few years in prison followed by a quiet and peaceful death is a harsher punishment than decades in prison amongst the worst filth humanity has to offer. So strange.
    The problem is, they like jail. To you jail would be worse than death, to them its nothing but a free hotel room and gym. They need to execute murderers, they need to make the execution painful and open for public viewing.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-06-03 at 10:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is just a fucking sad story, is it justified I don't know, I would like to think we live in society where we don't have to make our own justice. Do I have empathy for the father, oh yes I do, when you live stuff like this no one can say what they would do.

yep, props to pops for even being able to sit in the same room. I'd have come over the table on that SOB too
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why even question this OP?

If anyone hurt my child I would fucking kill the cunt. I would pay a prison inmate or I would wait until they are released, I wouldn't care about the consequences one way or another I would end his life with total disregard to what happens to me. When you become a parent as well you will know what I mean.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Can't really blame him. He murdered his daughter, and he's sat there all smug about it? I'd probably react badly too ...