Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I got the bad ending... lol guess I gotta try again one day

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this is not the last DLC. This was a master piece.
    According to all official info - unfortunately this is the last DLC. They will show something new during the E3, but it won't be Cyberpunk 2077. They want to release another AAA title this year, but it's not Cyberpunk or Witcher.
    Also, there won't be any more Witcher games, as they moved their focus onto the Cyberpunk 2077, +100 devs are working on it now. And they said Cyberpunk 2077 will be much bigger than Witcher 3. Maybe there will be Witcher 4 but they focus on the Cybeprunk 2077 until it's released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    About the Ciri ending.

I made her an empress but she came to live with me as a Witcher, was this intentional?
    According to the lore - the true ending is her becoming a Witcher, as i'ts her dream and goal. Other endings are "non-lore".
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-06-03 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    According to all official info - unfortunately this is the last DLC. They will show something newduring E3, but it won't be Cyberpunk 2077. They want to release another AAA title this year, but it's not Cyberpunk or Witcher.
    Also, there won't be any more Witcher games, as they moved their focus onto the Cyberpunk 2077, +100 devs are working on it now. And they said Cyberpunk 2077 will be much bigger than Witcher 3. Maybe there will be Witcher 4 but they focus on the Cybeprunk 2077 until it's released.

- - - Updated - - -

According to the lore - the true ending is her becoming a Witcher, as i'ts her dream and goal. Other endings are "non-lore".
    Hmmm never played cyber punk. may give that a try when its out, Would love witcher 4

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    According to all official info - unfortunately this is the last DLC. They will show something new during the E3, but it won't be Cyberpunk 2077. They want to release another AAA title this year, but it's not Cyberpunk or Witcher.

- - - Updated - - -

I see well im satisfied with the ending either way.

Deleted
    I want you to back this up with actual reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    About the Ciri ending.

I made her an empress but she came to live with me as a Witcher, was this intentional?
    Does Ciri come if you don't have any romance?

EDIT: It seems like a mistake. I believe you should in that case get Dandelion, assuming you don't have a romance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Romanced Yen on my Playthrough used for B&W, she appeared on my vineyard after the ending, most likely Triss will appear if you chose her

Well, liked the mainstory of B&W, altough i have to say that i liked the story of Hearts of Stone better, O'dimm was simply a superior villain compared to this Syenna / Dettlaff split.
    Next to that i felt that they tried too hard on the plottwists here, once the duchess told about her lost sister, i had a pretty good guess that the sister and Dettlaffs lover are the same person.

Plus the "reveal" that Syenna planned her sisters assassination was pretty obvious, makes you feel weird if you guessed something right off the bat and characters "Woah, didn't expect that!".
    They weren't really villains though, unlike O'dimm who was evil incarnate. I don't think they were too pushy with the twists either.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2016-06-03 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little off the current flow of the topic.

Since this is the first Witcher game I've played, I decided to watch some footage of the previous two games. It may had just been the details the youtuber presented, but I noticed that Ciri wasn't mentioned in either of the games (as far as the videos I watched had shown)

Is this correct? That Witcher 3 is the first to discuss Ciri beyond what was in the books (which I have not read)?

Also, same with Keira Metz. In the videos I watched, she wasn't mentioned at all. However in the early parts of Witcher 3, you meet her, and it seems like Geralt and her have quite a history.

I want to learn more about these character's past. But I want to do so without spoilers for Witcher 3. I have only just gotten to Skelliege, so anything after that, I would ask you not to spoil for me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

During Witcher 1 and Witcher 2, Geralt had amneisa, and had no idea about anything that had happened to him beyond what was told to him. Therefore it is correct that Ciri does not play a part in the first two games. I believe Keira Metz plays a part in Witcher 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    During Witcher 1 and Witcher 2, Geralt had amneisa, and had no idea about anything that had happened to him beyond what was told to him. Therefore it is correct that Ciri does not play a part in the first two games. I believe Keira Metz plays a part in Witcher 2.
    Thanks! I'll have to look up the Kiera stuff on youtube so I can get more backstory on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Thanks! I'll have to look up the Kiera stuff on youtube so I can get more backstory on her.
    I looked it up, and apparently she is only mentioned. Oh well.

The majority of references are to the books, so unless you want to read those, you mostly just have to roll with the fact that Geralt knows them.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm, searched youtube, and all I see for Kiera are videos from Witcher 3 = /

- - - Updated - - -

The reason i'm asking, is because there are frequent comments referring to past relationships and occurrences with some characters, and I wanted to understand the characters better so I can choose corresponding replies that would fit the actual relationship between Geralt and others.

Seems there are quite a few references to information which can only be found if you read the book series. Oh well = /

At least since I watched videos about the first and second Witcher, I now know that Lambert has always been a dick, lol

I believe that no matter what you choose, you still do what is in line with what Geralt might do.

Since this is the first Witcher game I've played, I decided to watch some footage of the previous two games. It may had just been the details the youtuber presented, but I noticed that Ciri wasn't mentioned in either of the games (as far as the videos I watched had shown)

Is this correct? That Witcher 3 is the first to discuss Ciri beyond what was in the books (which I have not read)?

Also, same with Keira Metz. In the videos I watched, she wasn't mentioned at all. However in the early parts of Witcher 3, you meet her, and it seems like Geralt and her have quite a history.

I want to learn more about these character's past. But I want to do so without spoilers for Witcher 3. I have only just gotten to Skelliege, so anything after that, I would ask you not to spoil for me.
    Ciri - http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Ciri this should help. It mentions in which books she appears (5 books). Games: Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 contain little mention of her. Because she is a very important character, CD Projekt RED decided to start focusing on her in Witcher 3, we may see Witcher 4 with her as the main character, but time will tell.
    Keira Metz - http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Keira_Metz not much about her, they only mention about her in one of the books, Witcher 1 and Wither 2 - also almost nothing.
    Remember, Geralt had amnesia in Witcher 1 and 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ciri - http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Ciri this should help. It mentions in which books she appears (5 books). Games: Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 contain little mention of her. Because she is a very important character, CD Projekt RED decided to start focusing on her in Witcher 3, we may see Witcher 4 with her as the main character, but time will tell.
    Keira Metz - http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Keira_Metz not much about her, they only mention about her in one of the books, Witcher 1 and Wither 2 - also almost nothing.
    Remember, Geralt had amnesia in Witcher 1 and 2.
    Ok cool. It seemed quite strange to be that Ciri was so incredibly important, yet she kinda just popped up in part 3.

also was a little odd, because I recall Kiera and Geralt talking about the time when he had amnesia, as if they interacted during that time.

Does Ciri come if you don't have any romance?

EDIT: It seems like a mistake. I believe you should in that case get Dandelion, assuming you don't have a romance.
    I agree with that.

Probably goes like this:

Romance Yen / Triss => Yen / Triss moves in.
    Romance neither + Good ending => Ciri moves in.
    Empress / Bad ending + No romance => Dandelion moves in.

Sadly Zoltan never shows up, Triss even jokes about him moving in, if he had moved in along with Dandelion it would have been worth to consider to go for rather shitty conclusions on the main game just to receive an awesome finish on B&W.

They weren't really villains though, unlike O'dimm who was evil incarnate. I don't think they were too pushy with the twists either.
    Well, i can live with the reveal about Syanna and her double identity, but the 5th victim was too easy to guess, especially after you chose to get Syanna from the Fableland, the fact that she held a grudge against her sister was pretty clear there.

Also, there weren't many characters left whose death held that much of an importance and that in such a series of killing the final murder is reserved for the highest person isn't hard to guess.

Ok cool. It seemed quite strange to be that Ciri was so incredibly important, yet she kinda just popped up in part 3.
    Witcher 2 merely leaves two hints that lead into the Witcher 3 story:

1.A sword that once you loot it, Geralt basically receives a message that the Wild Hunt is after the Elder blood.
    2.Letho asks Geralt what the Wild Hunt wanted from him, to which Geralt just replies "I've got an idea, but that's not your concern."

Granted, the first one pretty hidden but pretty clear while the second one is easy to access but extremely vague.

Altough that is (was?) an ongoing issue in the Witcher series, meeting character that Geralt knows from the books.

When i first played Witcher 2 and met Dandelion and Zoltan i was like: Wtf are these guys? What are they talking about, did i miss anything in the prologue already?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-06-04 at 01:08 AM.

Deleted

Most important things of backstory are in your journal in Character tab. You can also check witcher wiki.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance in HoS or B&W I'll be able to run into other Dopplers/Succubi for their mutagens? Just now getting around to "The Elusive Thief" and wondering if I should kill the dude this time around.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    When i first played Witcher 2 and met Dandelion and Zoltan i was like: Wtf are these guys? What are they talking about, did i miss anything in the prologue already?
    Should have played the first one.

10+ Year Old Account

Both of those characters have roles in Witcher 1, although I can certainly understand if people dropped that game before that point seeing as how Dandelion first appears around chapter 4 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Should have played the first one.
    Thanks caption obvious.

Feel free to replace characters such as Dandelion, Zoltan with Yennefer / Regis and any other character who Geralt met previously only in Novel.

Point of fact is, Geralt met some characters before the games and it's sometimes hard to follow the dialogue then, because you don't know the backstory.

Does it apply to Zoltan & Dandelion in Witcher 2? Not completely because you met them in Witcher 1, but that was mostly an example from my personal experience and i think this experience is similiar to that of people who just started Witcher 3 and then meet Novel only characters, which frankly includes Ciri and to some extent Yenefer.

Got around to finishing B&W. Overall Toussaint was awesome, the side quests where great but the main story was pretty meh overall and the ending was well, just a simple ending don't see why people think Geralt drinking with an old friend is some amazing ending when we've done seen that happen a million times.

The last boss fight was really well done but that's where my praise for the main quest line ends. Hearts of Stone was a MUCH MUCH MUCH better main quest.