Is it just me or is weekend doto pure cancer?

doto is always cancer
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

no love for my man swindle, his brother, and three actually good swedish players?

moonmeander was always the best player on coL, but they can beat his team. they weren't even that outmatched against newbee in epicenter moscow. game 1 was even and coL was actually winning every fight up until they showed up late to the roshan pit (and subsequently losing the next rosh fight when newbee showed up before roshan was dead). there were lots of great team fights and both teams played really well. game 2 they got bounty huntered though.

og hasn't been playing that much at all.

hopefully secret steps up their game and get 2nd in group B. otherwise good predictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    no love for my man swindle, his brother, and three actually good swedish players?

moonmeander was always the best player on coL, but they can beat his team. they weren't even that outmatched against newbee in epicenter moscow. game 1 was even and coL was actually winning every fight up until they showed up late to the roshan pit (and subsequently losing the next rosh fight when newbee showed up before roshan was dead). there were lots of great team fights and both teams played really well. game 2 they got bounty huntered though.

og hasn't been playing that much at all.

hopefully secret steps up their game and get 2nd in group B. otherwise good predictions.
    Col lost to DC 4 series in a row (bo3) in 3 consecutive days. Lmao.

coL is a great team now, definitely tier 1, I look forward to seeing how they do in this major. That said I am looking for a Liquid win, I believe they are easily the best team right now. Sad that all faith in EG and Secret is gone. It's simply amazing how many teams have done player swaps and only ended up way, way worse off for it. VP is such a garbage team compared to what they were before, too.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    RTZ, always the bridesmaid never the bride.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Add everything to the "collection," there's even an add all button if you click collection.
    See, I couldn't find the collection.

I didn't realize double clicking that stupid button in the corner brought it up.

You da best.

This compendium has ruined matchmaking for me. Everyone bitching about their quest and then they give up on the game, so I'm on a obscene losing streak that got me super tilted. Gonna take a break for a few weeks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    VP is such a garbage team compared to what they were before, too.
    No worries, they'll just have Noone play for them when nobody's looking.

Man, even the chinese take swings at rtc now, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Am I just missing something, or is the Dota 2 inventory still literally the worst thing ever? I just want to be able to view all my items at once, rather than by hero...maybe I'm just blind.
    UI itself is a disaster, not just inventory. The initial UI of DotA was the only option due to Warcarft III editor, and then you get same terribly-designed UI in a contemporary game. It's a sign of game designers who can't actually figure out what people like in a game. In DotA-like games, it certainly isn't the shit UI that keep players in.

Warcraft is an RTS game with heavy RPG elements, DotA is not an RPG game. I never understood the existence of portrait frame. What is it doing there? How about the connectives between left, middle and right panels? What's the point of using unnecessary screen space? Entire in-game UI needs to be redesigned. It screams "I need modernization" to be fairly honest.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-06-01 at 07:19 PM.

I enjoy the portraits, I think the game would lose a lot of personality by getting rid of them. The decorative connections aren't necessary, per se, but the ability/items/maps would look stupid without them in my opinion. I assume you're comparing DotA to LoL in your head, which has already taken these steps to "modernize," and I, personally, absolutely hate LoL's UI and much much prefer Dota2's any day of the week. This new trend toward minimalism is absolutely loathsome if you ask me.

LoL is just a bandaid. They completely need to re-design the UI. I may skech some stuff tomorrow if I feel like it and share here perhaps. Minimalism is best thing happened to all kinds of design, not just UI.

By the way, can you give me some good match ups in pro scene recently? I want to watch some quality games.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-06-01 at 11:10 PM.

Hmmm...have there been any quality games recently? I feel like since the last team shuffle pro dota has been pretty terrible in general...the Epicenter final between Liquid and Newbee was okay but the rest of that tournament was pretty meh. Luckily the major starts this week.

Deleted
    Secret with RTZ and Universe is like Real Madrid without Makelele. The team has a metric ton of talent and absolutely zero balance.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Secret with RTZ and Universe is like Real Madrid without Makelele. The team has a metric ton of talent and absolutely zero balance.
    I feel more like the patch doesn't favour ANY of their players playstyle, super agressive 5man yoloing constantly that is, they are just too ''efficient'' and greedy.

Deleted
    They aren't really efficient, though, at least not in the sense that I would use the word, which is in a meaning akin to "capable of maximizing what they get out of the map whilst simultaneously dying as rarely as is at all possible."

Being efficient in this sense was to me the hallmark of EG for a very long time, and to some extent still is. Even in extremely difficult game states (no outer towers, more-or-less complete loss of vision control) they'd manage to eke farm out of the map without dying - not necessarily a lot of farm on all of their heroes, but enough farm on critical heroes to win.

Secret doesn't do this. Secret want farm on all of their heroes, and in a lot of games what this means is that instead of say, EE and Universe simply aiming for less overall networth so RTZ (who for the sake of the argument we'll assume is playing a hero whose total net worth is more success-critical than EE's or Universe's) can farm the safe areas of the map, one hero will be farming safe areas of the map, and several other heroes will be farming areas of the map that by the internal logic of a pro game are inherently unsafe, and they'll then essentially cross their fingers and pray to God that they don't get punished for this.

Secret are, in fact, to me, the exact opposite of efficient - but they are indeed, as you say, extraordinarily greedy. They're willing to take risks which in general are not truly well-calculated due to (at least as it seems to me) a deeply-held belief about how DotA should be played, much like some football clubs will sometimes consign themselves to relegation almost on principle by attempting to play a style they simply do not have the material for. In this case, of course, it is more a question of the metagame not favouring the way they believe DotA should be played than it's a question of lacking talent, but the point still stands.

Secret are not efficient.

Yeah meant their playstyle would be considered efficient in the previous patches, now its just bad.
    They changed their playstyle to fit the current meta in the 2nd game vs Wings and actually won quite convincingly, then they reverted kinda back to the old one and lost in basically one push even tho their early game went well. 4 core lineups just don't work atm, which was what secret excelled at.
    I personally despise this meta and its braindead constant 5manning around the map it makes the game so one-dimensional, reminds me too much of HotS where your only option is to do that one specific objective that poped up, no split pushing,deathballing etc.