Poll: Is your family pet's life worth more to you then a strangers?

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    Or perhaps there's just a cold storage where your heart should be? Animals have souls and hearts too. They feel physical and emotional pain too....
    There's no souls. And so what if they feel pain? They're less worth than humans, if you murder someone for killing an animal, you should be put in prison for a long time or be executed yourself.

If a dog mauls an intruder...too bad for that intruder.

Police dogs are always considered police officers.

The upshot however is that family matters more than a stranger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Maybe get your head out of the sand and realize you'll be convicted for killing someone if it's about property. You can only be let off for using deadly violence if there was a threat to your health or another humans health and such things, not against property.
    Not in the US.

As someone who just lost her therapy cat a few weeks ago and is still crying at the sight of other cats, I'd say her life was worth the same as a human. Stranger or no stranger. People tell me it was just a cat, but not to me because she was with me for 4 years. Not a lot, but in those 4 years we grew as close as any family member. She had a soul, she had her own way of doing things and she was a darned pest at times.

Would I have jumped infront of the car to save her if I had been there? Hell yes. Why? Because her life mattered just as any other. And if it could've spared me the pain that I'm going through right now then yes, even more so.

I miss her like crazy and it hurts to know that she won't be moving away with me.

Also, this is her.
    Sorry for the large image...
    She's a beauty!

I have a rescue that looks just like her, had her for almost 8 years now.... my other I've had for 10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Not in the US.
    If the US allows deadly violence because someone damages your property then you really need to change your laws.

When i had my cat, i would have gladly let the entire population of a continent die over him.

Or perhaps there's just a cold storage where your heart should be? Animals have souls and hearts too. They feel physical and emotional pain too....
    This, animals do the same as us. eat, sleep, shit, reproduce, communicate, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Not in the US.
    You could probably kill someone over a fart-joke and not get sentenced over there.
    Good old America, stay classy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Fixed 10 chars
    Hey, no jabs about Trump or being a redneck? You sure suck at satire and sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Hey, no jabs about Trump or being a redneck? You sure suck at satire and sarcasm.
    Well, I would save my pet cat/dog (if I had one) over Trump or random rednecks.
    Does that work? :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe get your head out of the sand and realize you'll be convicted for killing someone if it's about property. You can only be let off for using deadly violence if there was a threat to your health or another humans health and such things, not against property.
    Texas Penal Code § 9.42. Deadly Force to Protect Property

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41;  and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime;  or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property;  and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means;  or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

section 3 A may help in that situation.

Yes, of course. Strangers have no inherent value to me.

Deleted
    There's no souls. And so what if they feel pain? They're less worth than humans, if you murder someone for killing an animal, you should be put in prison for a long time or be executed yourself.
    There's something seriously wrong with you. Life is determined by size and level of intelligence according to you? Orcas are said to be on the same level as humans when it comes to intelligence. Are they worth more or less than a human life? All life has the same value. If you think otherwise, you're pretty messed up.

I'd however make a lovely exception just for you. Empty shells have no values, do they?

Deleted
    There's something seriously wrong with you. Life is determined by size and level of intelligence according to you? Orcas are said to be on the same level as humans when it comes to intelligence. Are they worth more or less than a human life? All life has the same value. If you think otherwise, you're pretty messed up.

I'd however make a lovely exception just for you. Empty shells have no values, do they?
    Rofl, no, I'm not messed up for prioritizing humans before animals. The people who put animals as equal to humans or above humans are the ones who are messed up. We're the ones on earth who can wipe a species out, the other species here can't wipe us out, not even get close. We are superior to animals, they're not equals to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    She's a beauty!

I have a rescue that looks just like her, had her for almost 8 years now.... my other I've had for 10.
    Her story is pretty dark. She had a brother, but he died shortly after birth. The mother was a Maycat, meaning very small in size. She gave birth to only her and her brother. She was pretty small too and I feared she wouldn't live beyond the next day, so I sat with her all night and all day. A few days later her mother kept leaving her so I had to step in and bottlefed her. Never have I loved a little life so much as her. She was my best pal. Slept by the foot of the bed, bothered me to no end, kept meowing like a schreeching door. Ugh... I miss that pestering furball so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're the ones on earth who can wipe a species out
    that's why our pets need our protection,

Please explain how you define worth? What makes a human so special that their pain is the only pain worth caring about?

Animals feel companionship and it's been shown they suffer loss as well. They have brains, internal organs and a nervous system, so they are biologically similar to humans. So far, the only thing you've presented that makes them 'worthless property' is your own callous opinion.

Just because you have no love for animals, doesn't mean other people don't share emotional attachments to them and value them just as much as other animal life (even humans who are nothing more than mammals on a biological level).

In fact, I would contend it is you who are the grater threat to the well-being of planet with your 'Only Humans Matter' viewpoint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post
    that's why our pets need our protection,
    There's already laws about protection of animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had a choice between saving life of my pet and of a random stranger, I would be torn; not sure which I would choose. But I definitely would be devastated to see my pet go, while seeing a random stranger go would be much less of a drama, since they don't mean nearly as much to me. When my parrot died, I almost had a heart attack, and cried first time in many-many years. Pets are family, and special members of family at that: innocent, fluffy, needing care and protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Rofl, no, I'm not messed up for prioritizing humans before animals. The people who put animals as equal to humans or above humans are the ones who are messed up. We're the ones on earth who can wipe a species out, the other species here can't wipe us out, not even get close. We are superior to animals, they're not equals to us.
    Point proven. I rest my case.