2 2.99%

0 0%

1 1.49%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[GAME] Rate The Character /10! NOMINEE Day #35: Lei Shen

Rules:

- One random character to be polled every day, by rolling the dice. There is no predetermined list of names, so ANY character in the Warcraft universe could appear at any given day.
    - Characters need 5 nominations to make it to the next poll. Meaning, any given character to get 5 unique nominations will be due the next day instead of picking a random character.
    - If a character has two incarnations, both from the main and alternative universes, then the poll will be referring to both versions simultaneously.
    - Every ten days, we will have a major character up, instead of a random! This will serve the purpose of giving you guys something to look forward to for sticking around. Meaning, Days #10,20,30... etc will be guaranteed to have a big name showing. This doesn't mean they won't appear in random days though, nor that you should stop nominating them if you want to see them sooner.
    Nominations Rules Update - 29/5/2016

* Players are now limited to only one nomination per topic per user. You can still nominate a new character every single day once if you want.
    * Any nominated character that remains at 1/5 nomination for five days will be dropped off the nominations list. Everyday, a character with a 1/5 nomination will receive an exclamation mark (!). Once a character receives five marks, they will be dropped.

Today's Character: Lei Shen

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lei_Shen

Have fun voting, everyone! And don't forget to place your nominations as well!

Ranking:

Day #34: Khadgar - 8.77/10 (80 votes)
    Day #10: Arthas Menethil - 8.71/10 (52 votes)
    Day #21: Gul'dan - 8.65/10 (57 votes)
    Day#33: Medivh - 8.48/10 (56 votes)
    Day #06: Varok Saurfang - 8.11/10 (37 votes)
    Day #07: Daval Prestor - 8.05/10 (20 votes)
    Day #17: Cairne Bloodhoof - 7.98/10 (42 votes)
    Day #01: Anduin Lothar - 7.90/10 (31 votes)
    Day #20: Illidan Stormrage - 7.77/10 (63 votes)
    Day #23: Ner'zhul - 7.76/10 (59 votes)
    Day #26: Kel'Thuzad - 7.75/10 (62 votes)
    Day #28: Anub'arak - 7.64/10 (50 votes)
    Day #32: Rexxar - 7.4/10 (63 votes)
    Day #25: Bolvar Fordragon - 7.34/10 (61 votes)
    Day #08: Fandral Staghelm - 7.04/10 (23 votes)
    Day #16: Chen Stormstout - 6.92/10 (39 votes)
    Day #04: Cho'gall - 6.88/10 (34 votes)
    Day #27: Sylvanas Windrunner 6.74/10 (93 votes)
    Day #13: Wrathion - 6.68/10 (40 votes)
    Day #30: Azshara - 6.32/10 (75 votes)
    Day #05: Liadrin - 6.64/10 (36 votes)
    Day #19: Rokhan - 6.15/10 (38 votes)
    Day #03: Maiev Shadowsong - 6.09/10 (33 votes)
    Day #22: Jaina Proudmoore - 6.04/10 (66 votes)
    Day #14: Johnny Awesome - 6.03/10 (37 votes)
    Day #12: Genn Greymane - 6.02/10 (54 votes)
    Day #11: Baine Bloodhoof - 6/10 (43 votes)
    Day #31: Shandris Feathermoon - 5.86/10 (57 votes)
    Day #15: Garona Halforcen - 5.8/10 (25 votes)
    Day #00: Kalecgos - 5.74/10 (31 votes)
    Day #18: Alleria Windrunner - 5.73/10 (40 votes)
    Day #29: Vol'jin - 5.4/10 (82 votes)
    Day #02: Velen - 5.39/10 (23 votes)
    Day #09: Lilian Voss - 4.64/10 (33 votes)
    Day #24: Med'an - 2.37/10 (70 votes)

Nominations:

Qualified to Day #36: Varian Wrynn - 5/5 (IgnisVenom, Soulwind, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Project 501D13R, Arafal123)
    Qualified to Day #37: Kael'thas Sunstrider - 5/5 (CasualWorgen, steelballfc, Nirathiel, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Amaterasu65)
    Qualified to Day #38: Magatha Grimtotem - 5/5 (FLstudioApprentice, Zulkhan, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Roudene, Aeula)
    Qualified to Day #39: Archimonde - 5/5 (Zanjin, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Zandro, Friendlyimmolation, Xiu the Timewanderer)
    Qualified to Day #41: Nathanos Blightcaller - 5/5 (Friendlyimmolation, Captain Douchebag, Kalec, TheramoreIsTheBomb, Enthralled)
    Qualified to Day #42: Lor'themar Theron - 5/5 (Lycanhero, Zulkhan, Enthralled, Arafal123, Friendlyimmolation)
    Qualified to Day #43: Malfurion Stormrage - 5/5 (Snowraven, Enthralled, DemonHunter18, Arafal123, Lycanhero)
    Qualified to Day #44: Moira Thaurissan - 5/5 (Melsiren, Xiu the Timewanderer, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Enthralled, Lemonpartyfan)
    Qualified to Day #45: Zul'jin - 5/5 (DarklingThrush. Terongor, Narathiel, Zulkhan , My User Name)
    Qualified to Day #46: Tyrande Whisperwind - 5/5 (Snowraven, DemonHunter18, Enthralled, Roudene, Arafal123)
    Qualified to Day #47: Alextrasza - 5/5 (ReVnx, Azirra, Enthralled, DemonHunter18, Lemonpartyfan)
    Qualified to Day #48: Daelin Proudmoore - 5/5 (Graden, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Littlepwny, Snowraven, DemonHunter18)
    Qualified to Day #49: Elune - 5/5 (Sinraye, Snowraven, DemonHunter18, Zulkhan, Enthralled)
    Qualified to Day #51: Yogg-Saron - 5/5 (Snowraven, Crawclaw, Lemonpartyfan, Lycanhero, Thrif)
    Qualified to Day #52: Garrosh Hellscream - 5/5 (Melsiren, Enthralled, Soulwind, littleman40, True Horde)
    Qualified to Day #53: Orgrim Doomhammer - 5/5 (Soulwind, Crawclaw, Zulkhan, Arrashi, Rathbourne)
    Qualified to Day #54: Magni Bronzebeard - 5/5 (Humbugged, Snowraven, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Iconja, Xiu the Timewanderer)
    Qualified to Day #55: Vereesa Windrunner - 5/5 (Zulkhan, Melsiren, Enthralled, DemonHunter18, Amaterasu65)
    Qualified to Day #56: Vashj - 5/5 (Sinraye, Snowraven, Enthralled, Crawclaw, devven9)
    Qualified to Day #57: Millhouse Manastorm - 5/5 (BAMyouhaveaids, Lemonpartyfan, Smallfruitbat, Captain Douchebag)

Sinestra - 4/5 (OIS, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Crawclaw, DemonHunter18)
    Tirion Fordring - 4/5 (TheramoreIsTheBomb, Zulkhan, Melsiren, Project 501D13R)

Kil'Jaeden - 3/5 (Friendlyimmolation, littleman40, Rathbourne)
    Darius Crowley - 3/5 (Flurryfang, Warcrafting, Xiu the Timewanderer)
    Sargeras - 3/5 (jasontheking1234, Rathbourne, Soulwind)
    Rivendare - 2/5 (Gib Lover, Kalecgos the Spellweaver)
    Putress - 2/5 (Friendlyimmolation, Roudene)
    Ysera - 3/5 (Sinraye, Snowraven, Smallfruitbat)
    Falstad Wildhammer - 3/5 (devven9, Snowraven, IgnisVenom)
    Teron Gorefiend - 3/5 (Terongor, Lemonpartyfan, Enthralled)
    Uther - 3/5 (McNeil, Snowraven, Lemonpartyfan)
    Mal'Ganis - 3/5 (Sinraye, Snowraven, Crawclaw)
    Maraad - 2/5 (DarklingThrush, Snowraven)
    Valeera Sanguinar - 2/5 (Roudene, Sinraye)
    Thassarian - 2/5 (DarklingThrush, Roudene)
    Cenarius - 2/5 (Snowraven, Roudene)
    Sally Whitemane - 2/5 (Zanjin, Sinraye)
    Malygos - 2/5 (Enthralled, devven9)
    Taretha Foxton - 2/5 (Friendlyimmolation, Greenpro)
    Halduron Brightwing - 2/5 (Lycanhero, Sinraye)
    Jastor Gallywix - 2/5 (TheCount, BAMyouhaveaids)
    Darion Mograine - 2/5 (Sinraye, Arafal123)
    Jarod Shadowong - 1/5 (Lycanhero) !!!!
    Illona - 1/5 (DarklingThrush) !!!
    Brann Bronzebeard - 1/5 (Soulwind) !!
    Gazlowe - 1/5 (Roudene) !!
    Yrel - 1/5 (Snowraven) !
    Neptulon - 1/5 (Lycanhero) !
    Moroes - 1/5 (Raiju) !
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-06-03 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like Lei Shen. His lore is pretty badass (especially the bits they added in Chronicle) and he was one of the few side bosses that WoW has ever added that I actually felt was threatening and dangerous enough to take the time to step aside and confront. Patch 5.2 was just so great all around... one of the best they've ever done.

I also nominate Maraad!
    Last edited by Kelthos; 2016-06-03 at 09:33 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Solid badguy. I liked his lore 8/10 for me.

Hoping to get a free set of blinkers, I nominate Moroes #teamMoroes4life

Deleted
    I love this character. One of the truly best things about Pandaria.

Great background. Great history. Great character. I only voted him 8/10 on the account that we should have seen more of him; he did felt kind of underused even in an expansion that focused heavily on Garrosh. In fact, a friend and I once discussed a possible scenario:

Since Lei Shen was always known to be a conquest hungry tyrant, and now after awakening millenniums later, finding that the mist has dissipated, he should have went all out for a Conquest on Azeroth. This would cause him to seek the Heart of Y'shaarj as well, so later at the Thone of Thunder instead of us killing him, he survives and have a race with Garrosh at who gets it first. Eventually, leading to Garrosh wrecking him with a taste of the Heart's power, killing him off.

Goddammit brb writing a fanfic.

7/10 really solid villain.

I nominate... Moroes!

Deleted
    9/10 - a solid bad guy hehehe... get it? Anyway, one of the great things about Pandaria.

Point deducted as once brought back, he stood on this tiny island waiting for us to come pwn him.

I nominate... Sally Whitemane

6/10 - loved the lore, but the character himself was really lacking for me and met a very unexciting end.

7+ Year Old Account
    8/10
    One of Blizzard's best villains and certainly one of the highlights of the Pandaria expansion.

I nominate He of the Leviathanesque Mane of Crimson Tresses, Rhonin -- may he rest in peaces

8/10. Why? Because

I nominate Yrel.

8/10

Pretty solid villain, and as some have already said, he's one of the best things from MoP.

10/10 very badass

Kicked the crap out of the four august celestials at the same time
    Tore out the heart of a near titan powered being while being a mortal
    Ruled over one of the mighiest empires Azeroth has ever seen
    Nothing but the forge of Origination could match his Strength
    Looks badass
    Plays god and creates Saurok and Gremmles

But holy shit! Khadgar over arthas??? That's really suprising to me
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post

Arthas may have frostmourne, but khadgar is cool as cucumber.

OT: 7/10 Solid final boss for probably best raid since cataclysm start. Not really interesting character tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    9/10
    awesome villain.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    About time someone got a higher score than him tbh.

How many votes did Khadgar get Kalecgos? It just says "00".

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Hoping to get a free set of blinkers, I nominate Moroes #teamMoroes4life
    The Moroes Fan Club comes with a free set of horse blinders, so you're in luck!

Voted 9/10. Chronicles really fleshed him out as a cool villain to me.

I, of course, nominate Moroes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    About time someone got a higher score than him tbh.

How many votes did Khadgar get Kalecgos? It just says "00".
    Oh, my bad! I counted 80. The poll says 81, but one of them was a 1/10 by an ignored person (really I have only two people on my list), so it was discounted. Even with counting that 1/10 into the average, it will lower the overall score by 0.04, leaving him secure for the first place.

Mind you, has that vote made the difference between the first and second place, I would have counted it so that I don't get accused of bias. Fixed the OP accordingly, now!

By the way, I expect a much lower count of votes overall for Lei Shen; Friday is usually slow. Can't blame people; we all have better things to do on Friday nights!
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-06-03 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    5/10 - he suffers from double personality and I usually don't like it.

As to nomination... King Phaoris takes it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    5/10 - he suffers from double personality and I usually don't like it.

As to nomination... King Phaoris takes it.
    I genuinely had to look him up.. Totally forgot about the Tol'vir... I will ponder whether or not he is worthy of getting into the nomination list.

Hell, searching him up, even Google refused for a second there and told me "Do you mean KING PHAORAH". EEEEEH, gonna take him up I guess; he sorta gets some story in the novels and in Legion, during the monk scenarios I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just because he is a complete badass, i will give him 8/10. Outside of the badass factor, he is a bit bland as a character in the game. He is just your generic bad guy, but we are never really given a reason, why we had to kill him. He had taken to the isle of thunder and was pretty much dealing with his own things. So, his villian intro is pretty bad and that is what keeps him away from the 9 and 10. I would love to see more about why he is dangerous and why we should care about him staying alive in the war of pandaria.
    Also, mogu just have a really unbelieveable personality pool.... Like seriously, how can an entire race just be completly evil?? Blizzard needs to put contrasts in these evil races, so that they can become a bit more humanoid instead of so robotic.

Also, nominates Yrel, just so i can tear her a new one!
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Also, nominates Yrel, just so i can tear her a new one!
    Looking forward to having her and Vereesa, tbh, so I can go to town on them. Or more specifically, the writers who foisted them on us.