Poll: Is your family pet's life worth more to you then a strangers?

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    No, the majority in my country agrees with me.
    Will you please link the source that shows the majority of your country agrees with you? I'm not asking for the link to any law in specific, just the poll or study that shows everyone in your country agrees with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Will you please link the source that shows the majority of your country agrees with you? I'm not asking for the link to any law in specific, just the poll or study that shows everyone in your country agrees with you.
    Rofl, do you think people conduct such polls here? Nice try though, I didn't say everyone, I said a majority.

Sure, it matters more than in a place where you can allegedly kill someone for just being on your property.
    Hey, way to not twist the argument. Remind me how we came from 'family pet' to simply 'being on your property'? Oh yeah, you twisted the argument to make your side look more reasonable and the other more barbaric.

I'm sorry to have interrupted, please continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not think she will show any, lol I bet she has no idea if people do polls in her country.

Pet Lives Matter
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Deleted
    Hey, way to not twist the argument. Remind me how we came from 'family pet' to simply 'being on your property'? Oh yeah, you twisted the argument to make your side look more reasonable and the other more barbaric.

I'm sorry to have interrupted, please continue.
    No, I didn't twist any argument. Linadra said that people can be killed for being on someones property there and if that's the case, then peoples opinions here matter more because it's fucking backwards to be allowed to kill someone just because they're on your property.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post
    I do not think she will show any, lol I bet she has no idea if people do polls in her country.
    We don't do polls about such things, no. We're not obsessed with violence.

Rofl, do you think people conduct such polls here? Nice try though, I didn't say everyone, I said a majority.
    Well at least you aren't just making shit up to make your opinion appear more valid or anything.

Can I go ahead and say the majority of the universe agrees with me? Will that finally make you see things my way?

I didn't say the entire universe, just the majority...just to be clear. ::eyeroll

Deleted
    Well, I'd certainly grieve for the loss of my pet more than I would for a stranger dying. That's all I can say.

Nah my cat will die if it's between him and some strange.

Deleted
    Well at least you aren't just making shit up to make your opinion appear more valid or anything.

Can I go ahead and say the majority of the universe agrees with me? Will that finally make you see things my way?

I didn't say the entire universe, just the majority...just to be clear. ::eyeroll

I'm not making shit up though. You're gonna have to prove that I'm making shit up, show me that more than 50% in Sweden thinks you should be allowed to murder someone because they damaged your property. Do you know what the penalty for property damage is here? Mostly fines, or if you're an arsonist - prison for a short amount of time, 3 years at most.

Sure, they are, if they are human. Animals, however, are not given priority over humans regardless of whether they're pets or not.
    And again, here in the US, pets are seen as family.

It's obvious you don't have any pets.
    Keep it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is also such thing as "aggressor-victim", and that I apply equally to humans and animals (less so for insects). If I walk on the streets and see a bulldog attack a human, I will defend the human. Same way, if I see a human attack a bulldog, I will defend the bulldog. I don't care what value you place on the bulldog; you don't have the right to harm it, and the bulldog has the right to live and to not be hurt. I detest all kinds of violence, against any living being. If you think you can beat a pet because it is annoying you, then you are just as sick in my eyes as someone beating their spouse or child (unfortunately, the latter is seen as justifiable by a lot of people).
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And again, here in the US, pets are seen as family.

It's obvious you don't have any pets.
    Keep it that way.
    Pets are seen as family here too, that doesn't make it legal to use deadly violence against humans threatening your pets here.

Yeah, I do have pets, both a cat and a dog but I'd let them die above any human(Unless he's a rapist or murderer and such things.) if I had to choose.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. Gladly it's some humongously rare situation.

I have three dogs. One is old as hell and altho I love him, I would let him die to save someone else. My other dogs are young, lively, and just like the old one, they're family. I'm trained to value human life more than other animals, but since these "other animals" are also my family I wouldn't know.

No, I didn't twist any argument. Linadra said that people can be killed for being on someones property there and if that's the case, then peoples opinions here matter more because it's fucking backwards to be allowed to kill someone just because they're on your property.
    Which is true, with the insane "castle doctrine" laws. You go to someones house, see door open, and beg for a glass of water from the owner on your knees, with your hands up. And it's legal for the owner to execute you right there with no questions asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I'm not making shit up though. You're gonna have to prove that I'm making shit up, show me that more than 50% in Sweden thinks you should be allowed to murder someone because they damaged your property. Do you know what the penalty for property damage is here? Mostly fines, or if you're an arsonist - prison for a short amount of time, 3 years at most.
    You're the one coming with the claims here, the burden of proof is on you, jesus fuck.

Eh whatever, carry on, i'm not even going to engage in this, you go on and call people sociopaths for caring more about the livings beings they have emotional bonds with.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they aren't a serious criminal, then I'd save the human every time.

I mean, this other person has a family and friends too. And they'd feel a hell of a lot worse for losing their blood relative than I would for just losing my cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Holycloud777 View Post
    With all the consistant talk of Gorillas being killed due to the possibilty of hurting a child, animals "gaining more rights", and people becoming a little more decensitized towards death of another this topic came up at work.

Would you be willing to allow a stranger to die in order to save your family pets?

The logic base is that you obviously have emotional attachment to the pet and not the individual but of course being a human holds more value to most. The variable being you do not know whether this person is someone like Mother Teresa or some crackhead.

Obviously it's hypothical so no flaming

TL'DR - Would you allow a human's life to be taken before your family pet? Or does the emotional value of your animal trump the human aspect of a stranger.
    most of the time my answer would be no! unless the person is someone really bad

Deleted
    My cat is unfortunately deceased and I don't currently own any other pets, but for a moment I'll pretend my cat is still alive and well.

If my cat and a random human I'd never met before were in a deadly situation and I literally only had the option to save one of them, I'd choose save the human.

Why?

Because while losing my cat would be an awful loss and I'd be absolutely devastated for a significant amount of time, I would pick that over the guilt of knowing I'd effectively killed another human being, whether I knew them or not.

It's a crappy scenario and both outcomes are crappy, but I think saving the human would be considerably less crappy in the long term.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    You're the one coming with the claims here, the burden of proof is on you, jesus fuck.
    You're from norway, you should damn well know that people in scandinavia doesn't condone lethal violence for property damage.