Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Garona's father("MOVIE" SPOILER)

He doesn't say it the movie(cut out?)but in the novelization Medivh basically says to Moroes that Garona is his daughter.

thoughts?

So far the warcraft novelization is better than the actual movie, especially if you combine it with the durotan novel.
    (Bonds of Brotherhood will hopefully tie in as well)
    Last edited by Masser; 2016-06-03 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred the ORCS RAPED DRAENEI WOMEN version of this, but in a SJW and feminazi ridden world, they went for the safe workaround. Can't blame them.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I thought he alluded to it in the movie right before he sent her off in the portal. Given the changes they made to the lore, they could have decided to go in a different direction. -Given the amount of information that they had to convey, I thought the movie did a good job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Better Garona than putting The Thing into the movie universe, IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Better Garona than putting The Thing into the movie universe, IMO
    What about sweet incest tho ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What about sweet incest tho ?
    Oh god, that didn't occur to me. Yuck.

Deleted
    YES! And I preferred it SO much to the orcs raping and breeding draenei-women-story... seriously. As a woman that just made me so uncomfortable whenever the character was brought up.
    now i can even manage to like Garona.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollateraldamage View Post
    YES! And I preferred it SO much to the orcs raping and breeding draenei-women-story... seriously. As a woman that just made me so uncomfortable whenever the character was brought up.
    now i can even manage to like Garona.
    Are you comfortable with fathers having kids with their own daughters ?

Wtf kind of fanfic crap is that?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Someone be kind and explain this to me, please.

Are the movies(s) running in a different direction of the Warcraft lore just because they want to appeal to a broader audience, or are they actually rewriting the lore through the movies? I surely hope it is not the latter.

Another thing... If Medivh is Garona's father.. And .... The Thing... You know... umm...

*sigh* I didn't want to open this can of worms but here goes. Is the thing a product of incest in this telling of the lore?

Movie lore is its own lore

But this just destroys so much and no longer makes any sense.
    Going to have to yell at metzen and duncan
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would guess that the movie is going in its' own direction to simplify things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    So far the warcraft novelization is better than the actual movie
    The novelization is the probable equivalent of an "uncut" version of the movie. This is further confirmed by how Duncan said that an extended version would have been enough to explain the issue, and indeed the novelization does that already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    I preferred the ORCS RAPED DRAENEI WOMEN version of this, but in a SJW and feminazi ridden world, they went for the safe workaround. Can't blame them.
    i'm very glad you posted here. people need to see that you gross people exist. lol
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    Eh, Medivh being the father is the original story. Then it was changed. And now it was reversed for movieverse.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Someone be kind and explain this to me, please.

Are the movies(s) running in a different direction of the Warcraft lore just because they want to appeal to a broader audience, or are they actually rewriting the lore through the movies? I surely hope it is not the latter.

Another thing... If Medivh is Garona's father.. And .... The Thing... You know... umm...

*sigh* I didn't want to open this can of worms but here goes. Is the thing a product of incest in this telling of the lore?
    what are you people talking about

we all know the Warcraft movie is a different story than the warcraft video games with differnet history, events and interpretetations of characters.

are yall talking about how in the original version of the story Garona wasnt related to Medivh and thus spent time with him and formed a romantic bond resulting in Me'dan?

Because i'm pretty sure seeing as we are going to be lucky to get a 2nd and 3rd war movie with a 4th focusing on Arthas and Sylvannus that there is literally no room in the cinematic universe for Me'dan to exist. With the chance at better story telling he COULD exist as a better character, perhaps the son of Lothar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The novelization is the probable equivalent of an "uncut" version of the movie. This is further confirmed by how Duncan said that an extended version would have been enough to explain the issue, and indeed the novelization does that already.
    novels and movies are different and you are a bad critic if you cant understand that.

if you want a great example of how this works i'm sure you can easily google many major facts given in The Force Awakens that was present in the novelization not in the movie.

Even short books can take a minimum of 6 hours to read, most movies are 2 to 2.5 hours. So yea the books tend to be more informative than the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Eh, Medivh being the father is the original story. Then it was changed. And now it was reversed for movieverse.
    I think its funny the original story is brought up, seeing as in the original story Garona was half human and that question was never answered in the Last Guardian.

If there was every any incestual opportunity it was in the original book, before garona got retconned as Draenei
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    The lore of the movie is its own thing, as it should be. I do feel that this so called "reveal" that happened in the movie is weak at best. It could be that they want Medivh to be the father but the way they "revealed" it gives the writers the option to opt out of this route if the fans do not like it. Personally I do not like the idea of Medivh being Garona's father, but I'll roll with it.

So Garona is now Half-Human/Half-Draenei instead of Half-Orc/Half-Draenei??

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    So Garona is now Half-Human/Half-Draenei instead of Half-Orc/Half-Draenei??
    In the movieverse. The game lore does not change.

This is going to be a real clusterfuck of confusion though, y'all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    The lore of the movie is its own thing, as it should be.
    Thanks God. I was aware of that, but had to make sure because all these people doubting this made me really think that they might adjust the lore to fit the movies..

CRISIS AVERTED NOBODY PANICS PLEASE EVERYTHING IS FINE NOW.