Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    he didn't necessarily backtrack. the opinions he shared where probably his real opinions, but then the management came in because they looked at the numbers and said "you need to change that, it's too hard for the casuals"
    And GC probably agreed that it had to be changed, but didn't want to be the one there doing that. Hence his departure and his comment about "grandmothers" later.

I give him props for integrity.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

HELL NO.

Thats the guy I get to thank for LFD and LFR. BURN.

He's very happy in his current position

Its better for Ghostcrawler to be on his own merry way.

I think he was one of the reasons that made the game where it is now. So No please.

Should Blizzard re-hire the guy who left because he wanted to leave? I'm not sure you understand how this works.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    YEAH! Lets have him Re-hired so you have an old face to bitch about! Yes, that is perfect..... Not really.

And all he speaks now, is opinions, doesn't mean all of them will be of use.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Where do you people get this bullshit?
    Follow his twitter feed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    He left cause didnt like they way the game was going.
    Except that he taked his part on that design, he was the one, for exemple that on his twitter acc told us that if it was about him there would be more then one spec for pure classes, and fury would be gone aswell... He taked as much bad decistions as the rest of the team.

So no, leave him alone, i don't even understand why his statments still come on mmo-c front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    HELL NO.

Thats the guy I get to thank for LFD and LFR. BURN.
    LFD isn't bad. LFR should not have existed they could have just implemented the premade finder earlier. Too late however to undo it all now unless they go Legacy/Pristine servers.

No to Ghostcrawler and No to Celestalon. Funny how before MoP they hired Shinastrasza from Blood Legion to work on warlock revamp and they turned out to be the best class ever mechanically in the game. Hire gamers with passion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I swear, when it comes to the most outrageous bullshit on the internet - I regularly find it on this forum. Unbelievable, what kind of stuff a lot of people here are able to come up with. The whacky ideas and opinions sometimes ... it blows my mind. Look at this armchair psychology stuff - holy crap. You truly are something else.
    @Kokolums is right. They have made the game very introverted, catering to people who dont communicate, don't interact, don't want to interact, don't like other people around them, in a fucking MMO.

If Blizzard paid Ghostcrawler enough, say maybe 150k, or 200k+ to come back, im sure he would definitely consider returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    @Kokolums is right. They have made the game very introverted, catering to people who dont communicate, don't interact, don't want to interact, don't like other people around them, in a fucking MMO.

If Blizzard paid Ghostcrawler enough, say maybe 150k, or 200k+ to come back, im sure he would definitely consider returning.
    What if they paid him infinite money? I don't think he'd turn down infinite money. It's infinite so he'd be infinitely happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    To be fair, it is one of your threads, so I shouldn't really be surprised that I'm seeing the really severe cases of whacko style posting here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I'd like to see him back. I doubt he'd come back.
    Agreed. I thought the game was best under his leadership, but near the end of his tenure it really seemed like the community and slowly the company were forcing him out. Even though he left on his on accord I thought it was because he didn't like the direction he was being forced to take the game.

With that said I don't think you could pay GC enough to come back. I'm sure he remembers his Blizz days fondly, but feels the past...should remain in the past.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Absolutely not. GC would not have left unless there were some serious disagreement in design at some level. He left for a reason, can we get off the cult love of GC?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    how exactly do you rehire someone who left of their own volition
    I left the company I am working for again.

Money talks. Better position certainly helped too.

He never delivered on his promise of a pony.

(Pally here)

Deleted
    I really don't know is the answer, His attitude to bads complaining during Cata was literally speaking from my soul, but at the same time you can't as a business tell people to "git gud or quit". The shocking truth is since he left and the new regime took over players have no clue how the game should be played, they just think its some spam damage-fest in a dungeon. You can try to mark targets, you can ask them to stack in a single spot but it mostly falls on deaf ears and they quickly complain when they all die. The game is designed to be played a certain way. Pretending it is some single serving sit down all you can eat dungeon crawler where aggro doesn't really matter and a good player can save the whole group is not giving it what it deserves. I can see why they want to attract players to the all-you-can-eat buffet style play but it just doesn't work in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    I left the company I am working for again.

Money talks. Better position certainly helped too.
    He was like, lead systems designer for Blizzard. Not like he was a random class dev.