Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    If you wanna quest without having to worry bout getting slapped just go BM. I quest in bm, let my pet do the job while I do other things in the meantime like clicking quest items or pulling more or healing him.
    Not sure what people are doing wrong. I was finding even pulling 2-4 mobs at one time, Marks with sidewinders easily burns them down. You have a heal on a 2 minute CD for 50% of your health if you start to get low. Don't be afraid to use it.

Note: Leveled from 100 to 110 without issue using Lone wolf and sidewinders.

Deleted
    Is the Volley talent a decent single target option for those that just want a passive talent? I hate having to keybind extra buttons.

With decent, I mean "actually works". I don't care that it's a theoretical 1% DPS loss compared to the other 2 talents or something like that. For the content that I do, it just does not matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Is the Volley talent a decent single target option for those that just want a passive talent? I hate having to keybind extra buttons.

With decent, I mean "actually works". I don't care that it's a theoretical 1% DPS loss compared to the other 2 talents or something like that. For the content that I do, it just does not matter.
    Dont pick any talent and just autoshot then, if you dont care, why ask? serious question, dont understand. And yes it works single target aswell.

Anyway in terms of casual play Volley should be roughly equivalent to Barrage overtime in both dmg per focus and total dmg done. You're basically trading the burst-ier AoE of Barrage for the trickle AoE of volley. Barrage is probably still better overall for fights where adds die quickly or are more spread out, but situations where you're just constantly attacking multiple targets volley seems fine, and you can just set it and forget it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Dont pick any talent and just autoshot then, if you dont care, why ask? serious question, dont understand. And yes it works single target aswell.
    are you for real? there's a difference between not caring about losing 1% DPS in return for a simpler rotation, and not caring about losing an entire talent tree worth of DPS because there is no passive option. If there really was no passive option that works fire and forget on single-target like Blizzard said there would be on every tier, I wouldn't be a total tard and just pick one at random and use it badly like the rest of LFR usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    are you for real? there's a difference between not caring about losing 1% DPS in return for a simpler rotation, and not caring about losing an entire talent tree worth of DPS because there is no passive option. If there really was no passive option that works fire and forget on single-target like Blizzard said there would be on every tier, I wouldn't be a total tard and just pick one at random and use it badly like the rest of LFR usually does.
    if you think you are better then ''rest of the LFR'', then you should be able to decide what talent to choose for yourself.

Anyone have any idea on the Marksman stat priority?

With Hunters Mark dependant on autoshots? I'd wager that Haste would be pretty key after primary stat. More procs, faster casts and shorter GCDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post
    Anyone have any idea on the Marksman stat priority?
    Haste>Mastery>Crit

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    Haste>Mastery>Crit
    with ~30% haste the spec feels a bit better, ... yes.

True Aim for ST and L'n'L for target switching, obviously.
    Wrong, always LnL.

- - - Updated - - -

Haste>Mastery>Crit
    Wrong again. Mastery >>>>> Haste >= Vers > Crit

Mastery is too strong on beta....

Btw with the new trick shot passive, sidewinder is still top?
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-06-08 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Wrong, always LnL.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong again. Mastery >>>>> Haste >= Vers > Crit
    So you saying L'n'L gives you 20% damage increase? With 10% to proc?

LnL gives 2 FREE ISTANT Aimed and since AiS is CORE on MM....

also you have to build up 10stack on the target to have 20% dmg increase, meanwhile you can get 1-2 LnL proc in the same time and you have to compare 2+ free aimed vs 20% increase dmg

Also if you take the Legacy of Windrunner path AiS can proc extra burst
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-06-08 at 06:08 PM.

Ofcourse LnL is the better choise.

Quote Originally Posted by Freerunz View Post
    Ofcourse LnL is the better choise.
    Well, it may be. I never tested. But it sure make no sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Wrong, always LnL.
    Yes, with current tuning maybe. The intention behind those talents is obvious, though, so I'll doubt a pure ST talent like True Aim will be worse than LnL, which'd cause it to be essentially dead due to having no interaction with other talents whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by St4rC0 View Post
    Yes, with current tuning maybe. The intention behind those talents is obvious, though, so I'll doubt a pure ST talent like True Aim will be worse than LnL, which'd cause it to be essentially dead due to having no interaction with other talents whatsoever.
    Your logic builds on the assumption that the current class design team is competent enough to ensure good balance between options. Given the state of class design since 6.0 and its current direction that is clearly a bad assumption to make. This is the same team that fucked up hunter tuning so badly in WoD that Marksman was the one and only viable option for an entire year (remember the days when you could actually choose between the 3 specs?). This is the same team that thinks aimed shot being cancelled by movement is equivalent to sniper training with respect to the damage penalty. It's the same team that thinks there is no non-determinism/RNG aspect to RPPM and therefore happily makes core rotational elements rely on it (Hunter's Mark).

There absolutely will be imbalance in Legion, and it will be even more rampant than it was 6.2 (which brought some of the worse imbalance the game had seen in years). This mythical "number pass" that everyone is banking on is just that: a myth. People were SURE that the specs would be fixed before the end of WoD beta and before the end of the 6.2 PTR but they weren't. They released garbage, applied a few bandaid hotfixes to patch up some of the worst of it and waited until the next major content release to change anything (at which point they broke it further). The current class design team is totally incapable of ensuring that specs are either well-designed OR balanced, and this will only become more and more evident with each content release. Time will tell whether or not Blizzard will eventually admit that they made a few very bad hires and start showing people the door.
    Last edited by Bepples; 2016-06-09 at 10:55 AM.

In order to use True Aim with any effectivity, you have to give up Sidewinders which is a lot better than Trick Shot. This tradeoff puts True Aim at a disadvantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by St4rC0 View Post
    Sure, intentions are a good way to predict how our talent choices will look based on previous experience, for example using Exotic Munitions + Incendiary Ammo for AoE in WoD.

Oh wait.

Fun fact, did you know Incendiary Ammo is better than Poisoned Ammo for single-target as well?

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    This is the same team that fucked up hunter tuning so badly in WoD that Marksman was the one and only viable option for an entire year (remember the days when you could actually choose between the 3 specs?).
    Сhildren, meet the hater.